DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$131
$125
$258
$219
$239
  • Restaurant
$227
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
$99
$142
$137
  • Breakfast included
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
$251
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$99
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
Agoda.com
1,087 results
All reviewsdouble treefront desktexas chili parlorwarm cookiesstate capitolsmall kitchenbedroom suiteshuttle servicemile radiusfull size refrigeratorliving areavalet parkingwithin walking distanceut campusvalet staffi highly recommend this hotelbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 20, 2013

we had a terrific experience at this hotel during ACL. Staff was courteous and attentive. Location was good. Rooms were excellent. We had to ask for free internet. I feel that at a hotel of this level, internet should be included without asking.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Danny C, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you taking a few moments to talk about your experience as our guest during the 2013 ACL Fest. I hope all the rain we had did not put a lasting damper on your fun while visiting us in Austin. I am so pleaed to know that you enjoyed your time as our guest. I know there was some disappointment with the wifi services not being offered complimentary to all our guests; I am sorry that we missed your expectations on this aspect of your hotel needs. For the the future, we do offer free wifi access in our hotel lobby and business center so our guests may stay connected and productive. I hope we may come to see you again soon, perhaps for ACL 2014 (and sunnier days too!)

Danny

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Internet should be part of the package for a business oriented hotel not an extra $20.00.There was not any early morning coffee in the lobby. Staff was great - accommodated extra early check in. Clean rooms and large work area for productivity. Not set up to accommodate people with morning business appointments. There are people at the front desk, but the restaurant opens late and there is not any morning coffee or breakfast available. In addition, there is not a restaurant close by that is open early.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Danny C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Margaret C,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel; I am so pleased to see that you had a great time while you were our guest. I know you were disappointed with the internet and breakfast services that we offer to our guests; I am so sorry we missed your expectations for these hotel extras as one of our business travelers. The wifi does become complimentary for our Hilton HHonors Gold & Diamond Members, so if you continue to stay with Hilton Hotels you will soon be enjoying this amenity. I hope the disappointment you endured did not cause any lasting negative impressions of our hotel and staff. I hope that we may come to see you as our guests again soon. Stop by anytime, we'd love to see you.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We always try to stay here when in town. Business because it is close to where we usually need to be, pleasure because it is so easy to get around to the fun spots. Rooms have always been nice and check in goes so easy.

Stayed: September 2013

Dear Wffood,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience at our hotel. I am so pleased to know we have earned your loyalty and recommendation for a preferred downtown Austin hotel. Austin is always changing with new "fun" spots setting up shop each week; I would suggest you come back soon and often so as to experience all the new nightlife. Please stop by anytime, we'd be pleased to welcome you back.

Best,

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The best thing about this property is it's location, easy access to the capitol and downtown restaurants, etc. The worst thing about the property - The elevators didn't work, but Sunday morning at checkout time the only elevators available were the service elevators which took forever as everyone was trying to check out before noon. The valet at this hotel is the WORST ever. Not helpful at all, losing people's cars, making guests wait. Clearly management hasn't figured out they need to hire more valet staff to cover the weekends. I had to wait in front of the hotel for 15 minutes just to check into the hotel as they only had 2 valets on staff at the time during prime time check in. Really???? I chose this hotel because of it's location and amenities. Would never stay here again, not worth the price, not even close.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
WildaboutAustin, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Marie,

Dear Marie
We are undergoing an elevator upgrade and after many guest comments to update our elevators, we are finally working on this concern. Unfortunately to complete this upgrade we are offering 2 service elevators to our guests to expedite their suite access, in addition with one guest elevator while the other is being updated. Please accept our apologies and we understand going through a sold out weekend, a busy Sunday noon departure requires additional navigation and communication. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
In addition, our valet staff was placed on task to service a large unexpected ‘drive in’ weekend than anticipated. For that we sincerely apologize to all our guests and our valet team. We have placed additional measures to forecast for heavy drive in weekends and to better prepare for them. There is no excuse to place our guests or our valet service in the situation you described and again I appreciate your candor.
Thank you for mentioning our great location and amenities, and if I can personally assist in making your future reservations please call me direct. I’d be happy to ensure a wonderful stay.

Safe travels,

Cecilia

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were supposed to stay here for 3 nights but ending up staying for 2 nights in September. We arrived on the night of a big college football game (longhorns v. Ole miss) to find our room had been given away and the hotel was at 100% capacity even though we had booked 3 months prior. The hotel was overflowing with people and the front desk were under a lot of pressure given many football fans were drunk and a bit wild. The hotel ended up taking us over to their north Austin location (they shuttled us down there, paid for our night there and paid for our taxi to return the next day). It was 1 am by the time we got to a hotel room and we were bummed but what really made us feel better was the valet Tommy/Tom who drove us over to the north Austin location. He was really apologetic and kind even though he obviously had nothing to do with the mix up, it really made a difference. Once we got to the hotel, we found our room was very large and comfortable and is in a generally good location.

Room Tip: Double confirm your arrival time and be away of local football games
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Danny C, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear S F,

I am so glad you took time to share you experience while you were our guest last month. I know there was an unpleasant surprise when you arrived initially; after traveling all the way from Australia only to find your reservation had been dishonored - I am so sorry this happened. I am glad to know that your experience once you returned as our guest was outstanding. I will be sure to share your praise to Tom so he knows how valued his assistance during your stay. Your patience and understanding during this difficult situation mean more than I can say here, thank you again for everything. If you are ever back in Texas, I would love the opportunity to host you again and ensure you have a preferred hotel that you can trust. I truly hope we may come to welcome you as our guest again soon.