DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Breakfast included
$265
$244
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
$96
$89
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$94
$198
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
W Austin(Austin)
$245
$209
  • Pool
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa(Austin)
$269
$242
1,087 results
All reviewsdouble treefront desktexas chili parlorwarm cookiesstate capitolsmall kitchenbedroom suiteshuttle servicemile radiusfull size refrigeratorliving areavalet parkingwithin walking distanceut campusvalet staffi highly recommend this hotelbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My Wisconsin daughter and 9 and 12 year-old grandchildren drove from Fort Worth to meet my other daughter for an awesome Austin adventure! The Doubletree has been my headquarters for previous conventions, but this was my first stay with my daughters and grandchildren. The children commented that they missed the complimentary breakfast, but the hotel is beautiful and my grandson described the elevators as very efficient. The pool at 3 ft. 6 in. was too shallow and he felt the bench seating should be facing the beauty of the courtyard and not the fountain. We appreciated having adjoining rooms and found the staff to be very helpful and extremely courteous. As long as my grandson is well-fed, he can do without the hotel breakfast.

Room Tip: The only request I made was for adjoining rooms and we were accommodated. Fourth floor rooms were great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed at the Double Tree last week for a few days while visiting friends in the area and I have to say is was a really great experience! Upon check-in we were greeted kindly and given warm chocolate chip cookies. We then went up to our room and looked out the window and had an incredible and unexpected view of the Capitol! The room was clean and tidy and much larger than I expected, including a kitchenette, living room and bedroom. The only problem I had with the hotel itself was the parking garage- super tight and tiny, so if you have a big car I might suggest parking elsewhere. Also, this hotel is sooo close and central to anywhere you may want to go!

We had a really great stay and had no problems until our last day. We checked out and then decided to grab a coffee before leaving. We went into the dining area and saw what looked like a continental breakfast so we sat down and got a couple of muffins and coffee. Well one older waitress came by and asked us how we were going to pay then walked off. We were confused and when she came back we let her know we thought it was a typical continental breakfast and she looked at us and said "What? Do you think you're at the Hampton Inn?" We were all so shocked we couldn't say anything and she proceeded to rudely tell us that there were signs stating prices (there were not). Anyway, I don't like confrontation so decided to drop it and we paid and left. Yesterday, I received an email from the hotel asking me to fill out a survey about my stay, so I did and while I gave good reviews overall, I wrote about the breakfast incident. I just got a call today from the manager apologizing for what happened and that they are going to refund our breakfast.

So, overall it was a great stay and even though we had a little issue at the end, the fact that the management is so efficient really makes up for everything! I would really recommend this hotel to others wishing to visit Austin.

Room Tip: We stayed in Rm 1115 and it has a great view and is sort of secluded in the corner so there isn't much noise!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Olivia L
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have stayed here twice now and LOVE the location, amenities and the staff is super friendly and helpful! The rooms all have lovely balconies. On our first stay at this hotel, we were on the South side of building and were able to watch the fireworks from our room on July 4th! Was spectacular. The only real "issue" is their cooling system is not real strong. So some of the rooms tend to not cool down as desired!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Needed a hotel in downtown Austin. This hotel is on the North side of downtown. We experienced first class customer service and had no issues during our two day stay. Each and every employee was curtious and friendly. The rooms were clean and in order! Def will use again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff was very informative and helpful. They truly tried to solve all issues. Great Location. Less than 5 Min from 6th street. My one helpful hint is to make sure the ac works in the room and check your bill prior to checking out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends