“Comfortable & Spacious”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin
Ranked #28 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My first impression of a Doubletree property was skewed towards satisfied. I spent 5 nights at this particular hotel whilst attending an Executive program at the University of Texas at Austin, McCombs School of Business.

The room I stayed in was very extremely spacious and comfortable, with a balcony attached. Overall, a pleasant stay.

On the downside, however, as a HHonors Gold member, I was disappointed to learn much later that the complimentary breakfast vouchers that were provided were pre-decided by hotel and I was not informed while checking in of the 1000 bonus points that I could alternatively have received. I used just one breakfast voucher during my stay as the University had arranged a far superior breakfast for us - I would gladly have traded away the coupons for points if I had been made aware of it!

Overall, a good functional property that served my purpose perfectly owing to its proximity to the University's Executive education center!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our one night stay at the DoubleTree Suites in Austin was a great one. The suite was very big. Furniture was very nice and the entire place seems well kept. The bed was comfortable. It is about a 15 minute walk to downtown. I see nothing wrong here, I would book it again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lee B, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Sens1992,

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay! Please come back and see us if you’re ever in need of housing in Austin. We’d be happy to have you back.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Positives: the room size (it's a great sized suite/bedroom is big), the decor was clean/upkept, in-room ammenities were good (kitchen, 2 TVs, etc.) the staff was consistenly nice, the bellmen at the front very helpful to find cabs during super busy SXSW conference and distance of hotel was only a walk away from downtown, so was grateful for that.

Negetives: the housekeeping folks didn't do a good job (the seat in my bathroom was consistenly left up - with the underside of the seat covered in urine stains so likely not properly cleaned for days/weeks - so gross); garbage wasn't taken out completely, the room felt humid and at times warm/other times really cold.

1  Thank Rana K

Dear Rana K,

As an all suite property, we pride ourselves on the spaciousness of our rooms and the convenient amenities they offer. However, the cleanliness of your room is of the upmost importance and I sincerely apologize for the lack of cleanliness you experienced. I shared your concerns with our Housekeeping manager to check our procedures to avoid any oversights. I hope you consider returning to experience a suite that not only meets Hilton standards of cleanliness, but all our guest’s high standards as well. Thank you for your comments.

Regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The good: Clint in the bar/ restaurant is a servcie oriented employee. Engage him in conversation and you won't want to leave. He is a wealth of information about the city. Food was excellent. Pub Burger or Shrimp/Polenta and you cannot go wrong. The gals up front, especially Raquetta, are top-notch. This Hilton Doubletree property knows customer service. I wish I could extend my sincere love to their house keeping staff. It was not terrible, but it was definitely not great. The potato chip pieces (and later found mutliple hairs...GROSS) by the phone really left sick feeling in my tummy. My feeling is their are a few areas that should be clean and that is one of them. Bring Lysol wipes and you will be okay.

Tub was very slow to drain. I am clean, so I will have to bbe okay in my self soup.

Sorry if that is gross.

Cheers,
travelingokgal

Dear Travelingokgal,

I’m glad to hear you received good food and customer service during your stay, but concerned with your comments regarding the cleanliness in your room upon check-in. I’ve addressed this issue with our Executive Housekeeping staff and sincerely apologize for the lapse in service. We appreciate your feedback and hope you consider returning to our hotel to experience our standard high levels of service and cleanliness.

Regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

no towel racks, faucet broken, manager called my cell phone while attending SXSW to ask if I had moved out when my bags were still in the room. There is no coffee service in the lobby in the morning. Thee warm chocolate chip cookie they give you at check-in doesn't work well in place of coffee.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Mallwalk
Lee B, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Mallwalk,

On behalf of our hotel I apologize for the lapse in service you experienced, this certainly is not our intention nor our standard.

You are correct regarding our bathrooms which do not offer towel racks, but do offer towel baskets and shelving and it certainly was unacceptable for you to experience a broken faucet which our Engineering Dept was sent to fix immediately. I also spoke to our Front Office Supervisor who mentioned he called and spoke to you. I can understand what an inconvenience this may have caused, although I was happy to hear after speaking with our Front Office Supervisor you’d be staying with us again.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the errors made during your stay, and we look forward to your return so we may provide you with the kind of service you should always receive at our hotel.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The employees at the DoubleTree Suites in Austin made the stay extra special. Their friendliness and candor made it enjoyable and offered a home like atmosphere. The rooms were clean and very spacious. The beds were delightful. I have only great things to say. They also started a water service where there is a table of four different types of specialty water available for guests. While we were there it included strawberry, orange, lemon and cucumber water. But the manager said the chef was going to start playing around and trying out more Texan. Great all the way around!

Hello Anelu8!

I’m so glad you had such a good time! The flavored water was an additional amenity we offered during SXSW and has been a big hit so far. South By always brings a fantastic group of people that we love to host at our hotel, and this year was no exception. I’m happy to hear your stay went well and we look forward to seeing you at SXSW 2014!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I attended SXSW in Austin and this is the first time I stayed downtown. It was a great experience. The room (I had a suite) was very well maintained with a kitchenette, sitting area, desk area, bedroom and bath. Everything was very spacious and comfy. All of the staff from the front desk to the bellhops were very polite and willing to go out of there way to help. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or leisure travelers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Lee B, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Mldollaz,

We’re so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Our front desk guest services staff work very hard to provide good service and I’m very happy to hear you experienced exactly that. I’ll make sure to pass along your kind words. We appreciate your recommendation and would love to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,