“Might be my favorite hotel in Austin!”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin
Ranked #22 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“Might be my favorite hotel in Austin!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We really enjoyed this hotel. The staff is very friendly, the hotel is clean, but most of all it was extremely QUIET! We did not hear anything from other rooms or outside. When we woke up yesterday morning and looked outside we noticed the Austin Marathon going on right outside and we did not hear any cheering, etc until we opened our balcony window. The only drawback is that it is pretty far from my daughter's school, St. Edwards, but we might just overlook that inconvenience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lee B, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hello Kristifow,

I'm so glad you had such a good time! One of the benefits of a hotel that is not directly located on the entertainment district is the quietness of our area. It’s good to know that even during a busy event like the Austin Marathon we can preserve that sense of tranquility, and I’m very glad to hear that this was your experience. Also, I can empathize regarding our proximity to Saint Edwards. I myself am a Hilltopper, and with traffic, getting to the campus can take a while. Nevertheless, I'm so thankful for your kind words and honest feedback and I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again any time you're in the area.

Kind Regards,

Lee Bortner
Sales Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I went to Double Tree Suites this weekend for my birthday and I was blown away with how great the entire staff was. I was made to feel like a guest of honor from the minute I walked in. Danny at the front desk was extremely helpful and fun to chat with. I definitely would recommend anyone to check out this hotel. Besides the great front desk and housekeeping staff I was so impressed with the quality of their rooms. I definitely will be going back often! Thank you so much Double Tree staff! You made my birthday an event to remember!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Lee B, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hello RyanAS_86,

First let me start by saying Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like it was a good one and we're so glad we could contribute towards that! Danny and the rest of the front desk and housekeeping teams are very good at what they do, and we really appreciate your kind words and recognition for them. Anytime you're in the area we'd love to have you again.

Again, Happy Birthday!

Lee Bortner
Sales Coordinator
Kingwood, Texas
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very comfortable plush beds and bedding. Rooms were very clean & well appointed. Great location! A downer, internet service (except for AT&T) is not provided without a fee.
Overall, I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DianaVKingwood_Texas
Lee B, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Hello Diana,

It sounds like you enjoyed the overall feel and experience of the hotel minus the charge for guest room internet. I can understand your frustration with this, and I’m pleased to say that beginning in June of 2013, our basic wireless internet service will be offered free of charge to all guests. I greatly appreciate your kind words regarding the hotel including your recommendation, this means a great deal as I’m sure you know. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay, I hope you come to see us again soon!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've stayed at one other Doubletree in the past, and it wasn't anything special, so I had low expectations coming in. That said, I was very surprised (in a very good way) at how nice this hotel is. We stayed in a 2-br suite - one room had a king bed, and the other had 2 queen beds. There was also a living room area and a kitchen.

Both bedrooms were very spacious. The decor in the room, and in the hotel overall, felt updated and modern. The bedding was comfortable, and the room was pretty clean. While there were only two elevators in the hotel, we never had to wait very long, so it works well.

Check-in was efficient, and they give you warm cookies, so that's a nice touch. As a Gold member, I got vouchers for free continental breakfast. I took advantage of that, and actually upgraded (for $3/person) to include hot meals (such as eggs, bacon, sausages, etc.) Breakfast tasted very good, so all in all, a nice deal for Gold members.

Location-wise, I know some people have complained about it. I mean, it's not super duper centrally located, but it's definitely conveniently located. We walked down to the main hub of Congress & 4th, and it took only 10 minutes. It was a short drive to Franklin Barbecue, and also a short drive to UT-Austin, so no complaints from us.

All in all, this hotel has made me reconsider my opinion of Doubletree (at least Doubletree Suites), and I'd have no problem staying here again, or recommending it to others!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank dagongster
Hello DGNYC78,

I’m so glad to hear you had such a pleasant experience at our hotel and thank you for the compliment regarding our décor. We completed a year-long full renovation March of 2012, so it’s nice to hear the changes are both apparent and appreciated. I’m also very happy to hear you felt treated especially well as a Gold Hilton Honors member. If you ever find yourself needing hotel accommodations in Austin, please think of us. We’d be happy to see you again!

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed January 19, 2013

It was a very good experience when I stayed there last September. The location was very nice. It was bang opposite the Texas Medical Association where we had a meeting. The stay was very comfortable. The suite was very well-appointed, though I couldn't get one with a view of the Capitol, as the Hotel was fully booked. Places like the Bob Bullock State History Museum and Truluck's restaurant were walking distance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Saumya P
WildaboutAustin, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments and TMA is a great neighbor of ours!
Safe travels and hope to see you again!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a great hotel for a family that wants to be near UT Austin. Very good rooms, and everyone loves the cookies. Service was good. The only drawback is that there isn't much around the neighborhood without a bit of a walk. Not much in the way of nearby restaurants. You have a nice kithen, but no supermarket, just an unusually poorly stocked convenience store nearby. If you have kids, you really need a car to go anywhere they will like. This is a town for people who want to go to clubs. It is a very nice town, but the kids probably would have been happier in San Antonio.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TominLA
WildaboutAustin, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Happy your family stayed with us and enjoyed our suites! They are perfect for a business traveler to a family of 6! I hope you heard and used our complimentary shuttle within a 2mile radius of hotel. This covers most of downtown's area including Whole Foods and HEB Grocery Stores. San Antonio huh? Well they do have that green creek downtown and Shamu... But hope you had a boat tour on our downtown Lady Bird Lake, or visited our Trail of Lights and Tree in Zilker Park, or had the best ice cream ever at Amy's, or saw a 3D movie at the IMAX theater, or experienced NYE at family friendly 1st NIght at Auditoreum Shores with live music, great food, and firework show, or... please call me or ask one of our bellman next time you're family's in ATX, we'll show you a great time full of wonderful memories!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Traveled to Austin for a brief stay to attend my brother's wedding. I was with my sister and shared a Queen Suite. Room was spacious and had a separate living room and kitchenette. The hotel was clean. Area was okay but a bit desolate at night. Service staff were attentive.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments, but 'desolate' is pretty extreme. I mean, we're not on or next to the entertainment districts and i'm happy to say we're close enough to downtown's entertainment districts to enjoy (7 blocks away) yet far enough away to miss the revelry, noise, and destitutes. And our complimentary shuttle van can take you from our front door to any downtown club, lounge, cafe, bar, shop, or restaurant you want. And just blocks surrounding our hotel is a Starbucks, the locally famous Chili Parlor, Cherry's Pizza, The Clay Pit Restaurant, and the Dog and Duck Pub, to name a few evening spots.

Thanks for staying with us and mentioning our clean suites and attentive staff!