This is my first review of any hotel I have stayed in. I had stayed at an adjacent hotel two months earlier and had checked out the Embassy Suites during that visit. I happened to ask one of the restaurant staff who was cleaning up whether continental breakfast was provided. She began to tell me with unabashed enthusiasm about the cooked to order breakfasts as well as the manager's evening receptions and swan feeding for the kids on weekends (I had my 6 and 8 year-old grandsons in tow). I immediately booked a room for my upcoming visit in June.
I must say that I have never felt so comfortable at a lodging place in my life. Within the second day (I and my grandsons stayed for 6 nights), we felt like family with the staff. The only problem I had was with a thumping sound in the AC vent one night. They had maintenance come in the next morning and knocked off $45 on the bill.
I found the hot water almost too hot compared with some earlier reviewers. There is no pay per view on TV, but the boys and I had more channels than we could watch. Great having two 42" flat screens so I didn't have to watch cartoons with them. It was great having their "Corner Store" open 24/7 in the lobby to buy toiletries, cameras or ice cream.
The free breakfast food service is awesome as is the free manager's evening reception. The restaurant staff was great and, although a bit expensive compared to nearby restaurants, it was very convenient and relatively good food when we were too tired or lazy to go out.
Speaking of nearby restaurants, there are at least 10 within a 5-20 minute walk from the hotel. I don't like city driving so I appreciate finding a place with lots to do there or nearby. We used the complimentary shuttle service once to go to the Arboretum Shopping Center, which I could have walked to without the kids. We also walked across the street twice to view movies at the Gateway Theaters.
The boys loved the indoor pool and I didn't have to worry about them getting sunburned (There is an outdoor sundeck adjacent to the pool.) They also enjoyed feeding lettuce to the swans Butch and Sundance on Saturday at noon. Had I been alone I would have used the well-equipped Fitness Room.
I realized at one point that I actually liked the atrium style. As I looked out the living area window to the atrium, the place had a sort of village feel, as opposed to the dark hallways in most hotels.
All in all, I look forward to two more stays at this property in the next two months and hope that most of the same friendly staff will still be there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, is just a short drive from downtown Austin and within walking distance of the Austin Arboretum's shops and restaurants. Located 20 minutes from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, our Austin Arboretum hotel is close to dining, the business district and the Austin technology hub near Charles Schwab, IBM and Microsoft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Austin
- Embassy Suites Austin
- Arboretum Austin Embassy Suites
- Austin Embassy Suites