Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewstwo swansevening receptionmade to order breakfasthappy hourgreat hotelstarbucks coffeecomplimentary breakfastliving roomrestaurants and shoppingindoor poollobby areabusiness tripwhole foodswould stay here againnice breakfastfront desk staffnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites, while checking out UT Austin. I visited with my parents.

The hotel room was clean and set up nicely -- there was a living room area separate from the bedroom, which worked well for anyone who wanted to get up earlier/stay up later. We picked a non-smoking room which was in a small hallway, which was very quiet. The hotel was also lovely. The complimentary breakfast and happy hour were a delicious treat!

We picked the hotel because it was a less expensive option than staying downtown. That said, it really isn't far from downtown. I joked with my mom that everything was 15-20 minutes away. We drove to the Roy Kizer golf course each morning to drop my dad off for a round (15 minutes). Downtown, warehouse, UT area, S. Congress Ave were equally as close. For anyone who likes to shop, the Neiman Marcus and other stores at Domain were 5 minutes from the hotel. Overall, the location worked well for us, and I imagine if I end up at UT my family wouldn't mind staying there again.

As an extra for the shop-o-holics, we thought the Kendra Scott store on S. Congress Avenue was a great find. We were familiar with her jewelry and pleasantly surprised to learn it was headquartered in Austin. The color bar allows you to customize jewelry. Great for anyone looking for a personal gift to take home to remember Austin.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tapicella
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear tapicella, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum. We have many guests say the same thing: " We picked the hotel because it was a less expensive option than staying downtown. That said, it really isn't far from downtown." Glad your Dad found our location ideal for Golf and you found us close to shopping and of course your visit to University of Texas.

Hope you decide on UT Go Horns!

Thanks again.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The entire staff at the Embassy Suites is always warm, accommodating and professional. The Rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable - Breakfast is always delicious, quick and served with smiles - the evening Hospitality hour is relaxing and fun - and Butch and Sundance are always entertaining. Hotel is conveniently located near good restaurants and the Complimentary hotel Shuttle is easy to reserve.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank S88888888
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times for business. The hotel is easy to get to and is convenient for the freeway. There are a reasonable number of bars and restaurants in the area so plenty of choices for eating out. The hotel restaurant has a limited menu but the food is OK if you choose to eat in. The hotel facilities are fine - comfortable and clean. The restaurant and bar staff are great, the front desk staff are pleasant but don't really go the extra mile.

Management really should consider putting in guest laundry facilities and I'm not sure about the captive swans... it seems a shame to have 2 swans cooped up in a little indoor pool.

I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lgmd2005
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here on a recent business trip as other members of my group decided to stay in the hotel, at first I was not sure about the choice but once I got to the hotel I was pleasantly surprised. Was greeted by very friendly and helpful staff, the lobby was hotel grounds were clean. The room was spacious and clean and since I do belong to the Hilton Honors program there was a small basket of snacks and personal note from the hotel management, the bed though not a Hilton Serenity bed (what I am used too when I travel) the bed was very comfortable.

The cooked to order breakfast and buffet (Eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, danishes cereal) included was good, and the managers cocktail reception in the lobby during the evenings (complementary drinks) was also a nice way to relax in the evening.

I would recommend staying at the hotel, one thing to think about if you are looking to go to Austin for more downtown activities this hotel is 20 minutes from downtown and would look hotels closer to downtown or you will be disappointed because of distance. Over all I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This used to be my favorite place to stay in Austin but today they hung up on me at least five times as I tried to reserve a room for November.I was finally able to request transfer to reservations manager before they hung up on me again . I did call back and was immediately transferred to someone who answered the phone and slammed down the receiver . The room I was planning to reserve is about $170 before taxes and the rooms here are shabby, but the breakfast area is nice and I used to enjoy the omelets made to order . I was shocked by the behavior of the people answering the phone today as they appear to have no training in telephone etiquette. I could not believe they were hanging up on me and thought it was a problem with telephones at first. I called another hotel, got a room for $30.00 less just a few blocks away from this location and was treated with kindness and professionalism. They were very busy but took my name and phone number so, they could call me back asap. I did speak with the front desk person at Embassy Suites ( Tiffany ) who was hanging up on me and asked why we were having problems. She was actually very nice when she explained that they "were busy " and did not have time to talk to me. Boggles the mind !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kingarthursfriend
Chris G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum. I sincerely apologize for your experience you encountered while trying to make a reservation. We are taking active steps to improve the way our front desk agents handle the situation so it doesn't happen again. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. The next time you are in the area, we would love for you to stay with us again. Please feel free to call me to discuss further.Thank you.