“Definitely Worth The Money!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum
Ranked #32 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Maryland
“Definitely Worth The Money!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I recently stayed here for a week on a business. The staff was top notch. I traveled with my infant son and they (staff) were outstanding. The bed was very inviting, plush and very comfortable. I asked for a baby bed/playpen, extra towels blankets and pillows for my son and they had everything set up when I arrived. The kitchen staff was top notch, Wonderful breakfast each and every morning. If you are a Rewards Member even better. There is a floor exclusively for members that keeps you from the everyday noises of hotel life. The hotel was busy as it is a hub for the various businesses in the area so there were meetings daily. This was a non-factor as the hotel was very spacious and had lots of meeting areas. The evening life was great too, there was a happy hour every day with free margaritas and finger foods. Lets not forget the star attractions Butch and Sundance, these two Swans were center stage. For those that complained about the Swans being indoors they are well loved and cared for. If I was traveling again and had to stay in the area, this hotel would be my first choice! 5 Stars for sure!

rhall26

Room Tip: Rewards Members are placed in the highest floors, ask for a corner room and not directly across from...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank rhall26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Frisco, Texas, USA
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the weekend that we moved our son to the UT campus. The hotel staff were accommodating and pleasant, the room was very clean, and the hotel was a short, scenic drive from the UT campus. We enjoyed breakfast at the hotel as well - excellent food and service! We will stay here again the next time we visit Austin.

3 Thank Victoria P
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Austin-Arboretum. We're glad you felt that we are the perfect locations for family visiting their students at UT.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in town.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Was in the area for a two day business trip. Hotel is well located, with several good sit-down restaurants in the area. Morning breakfast staff was very friendly, and breakfast was quite good. Rooms were quiet and clean. A/C worked very well, and pool area was well maintained tool. All in all, a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark H
Spring, TX
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Our daughter is at University of Texas, so we find ourselves visiting Austin frequently throughout the year for football games, parent weekends, etc. The Embassy Arboretum is our hotel of choice after trying different Austin-area hotels. It is a pleasant drive from the campus, giving us a respite from the crowds and craziness of campus. The Arboretum area is beautiful, with plenty of great shopping and restaurants all within a few blocks. This hotel has made service a top-priority, treating guests like VIP's from the moment they check in. Our requests that were made on the reservation (extra pillows and top-floor room) were actually met without us asking - as we typically have to do elsewhere. The rooms were clean, nicely decorated, and the beds were very comfortable. Having a suite for a fair price gives us breathing room and allows my husband, an early riser, to get up early and relax without waking the rest of us up. Breakfast was fantastic! Friendly chef and delicious food cooked to order. The customer service was truly extraordinary all over the hotel. Oh, and on our last visit my son forgot his king size pillow in the room, and not only did they send it promptly, but only charged us for the actual shipping charges. In an industry that is often over-priced and impersonal, The Embassy Sites Arboretum was a great value, and a warm environment that really felt 5-Star!

Room Tip: We like to stay on the higher level floors since it is an open atrium.
2 Thank Diane C
Katy, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I don't usually take time to write reviews but I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel that I am compelled to tell everyone about it. The service here was top-notch, the staff were friendly, the suites were clean and cozy and I loved the heated pool and hot tub. I looked forward to waking up for Continental breakfast at the atrium in the mornings where I can have omelet cooked to order. The quality of the linen, the pillows and bed were upscale. There was a bit of a shortage of pillows but it was undrstandable because the hotel was obviously fully booked. I can't say enough about the presence of Butch and Sundance in the lobby. . . it was like having a pet to come home to at the end of the day...a very warm touch that enhanced the ambience in the lobby. The hotel's location is in a nice and peaceful part of town close to shops and eateries. I will definitely be back here.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
2 Thank Geegee M
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed August 17, 2012

But this one has excellent customer service and is the one I pick when I go down to Austin on business. Some Embassy's have older rooms or bad A/C systems and should not be called true Embassy hotels. The rooms are good, the service and the price is just right considering the great location.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Anthony C
Reviewed August 14, 2012

After deciding to take a road trip to Austin on a whim, I looked at tripadvisor reviews and traveler photos. By all accounts it looked like this Embassy Suites hotel was golden. Once I arrived, however, I realized that it was platinum! From the time you entered the hotel--the ambiance, the quick check-in, the spacious rooms were tre magnifique! The hotel was clean and comfortable and a great place to get lots of r and r if that's what you're after. The cherry on top for me was the evening reception with complimentary drinks and snacks, as well as, the full breakfast buffet with cooked to order omelets. (I was even picky enough to ask for an egg white omelet and it wasn't a problem!) The bottom line is...this hotel ROCKS! I will be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Travelfoxqt
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Travelfoxqt, we wanted to thank you for writing such a positive review of your recent stay at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum. We love it when our guests say "this hotel ROCKS!".
Our guests ROCK as well.

Thanks again and hope to see you back with us soon.