“Great experience!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum
Ranked #34 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed February 2, 2012

You won't believe how nice this hotel is. I've stayed at many Embassy Suites but none like this. This hotel feels upscale yet very down home. The decor is nice, the staff is beyond nice.
The complimentary breakfast was delicous. Cooked to order omelets, the usual hot food. Plenty of variety in fruit, yogurt, breads and bagels. Starbucks coffee!
The rooms are very quiet with great bedding. The towels are actually SOFT!
They have a pool and a hot tub with great jets. I ran the 1/2 marathon and the hot tub was wonderful to use after running 13.1 miles.
The hotel is in a nice area with lots of shopping that you could walk to. Also some great restaurants.
This hotel also has 2 beautiful swans - Butch and Sundance- that live and swim in the hotel lobbey area along with beautiful fish. A very nice addition!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank lilnwld

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Hotel is clean, beautiful with swans in lobby area, nice rooms, excellent breakfasts, and good manager's reception at "happy hour" time. However, we found the traffic very frustrating. Google or MapQuest would say that something was 14 or 15 minutes away (should have been a quick drive along one of the expressways), but night after night, traffic was horrendous between the hotel and the areas we wanted to visit, which were ALL in the same direction from the hotel: downtown venues, S. Congress St., and Zilker Park area. Because of the traffic, if I were visiting the area again and wanted to stay in this hotel again, I would plan an itinerary that did not involve going back to the hotel at the end of the day before going out at night. In other words, i would stay off the roads between 4 and 7 p.m. We had a GPS and could take side roads instead of the expressways, but they were also packed and slow-moving. Loved Austin, though.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor and found it to be quiet and good for sleeping.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelingcaroline
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Not a large hotel but fairly new for an Embassy Suites and in very good condition. Easy access from here to Round Rock as well as downtown if you need a home base that is centrally located. Near shopping and other restaurants as well as a movie theater across the street.

Front desk system didn't seem to be working very well. Upon check in desk agent tried to log into computer because two others used. After a few minutes she gave up and handed me off to other agent who had just finished checking in someone behind me. Also check out took about 5 minutes to print out a receipt with zero balance. Not sure why.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank be32
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Nestled in the Arboretum area of Austin that's close to theatres, the Domain (upscale shopping) and restaurants/shopping, the Embassy Suites hotel is fantastic at providing ambiance, a fabulous free breakfast with made-to-order omelet station, and a nightly happy hour with appetizers, and free paper. The suites are really spacious, with COMPLETE privacy (aka an actual door) between the bedroom and living room area. Budget minded families will appreciate the small refrigerator and microwave. Families with children or business travelers who entertain will enjoy the two large flat screen TVs as well. I generally try to not book rooms above $100 a night but if you have to pay more, this hotel is very intent that you get your money's worth and don't forget them. They have SWANS that grace the lobby fountain and the soaring roof with a "forest-like" feel contributes to a serene, relaxing atmosphere. The pool/whirlpool area are ample (I only wish they'd turn up the heat and the jets more so it feels less like a bathtub). Great, helpful staff - very hospitable!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Serendipitous41
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I have spent a lot of time in Austin, and this is one of my favorite places to stay. The cocktail hour is great and and the buffet is probably one of the best breakfasts in town. Every morning I get my newspaper, freshly made egg white omelet and plan out my days events. The staff is also great, taking care of items that I left in my room for up to a month, and doing so with a smile on the face!

I will visit again for sure, and this Embassy turned me on to always checking for an Embassy Suites!

Room Tip: Hilton Honers members reserve in advance for a premium floor as this place fillls up!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I have stayed here for many times for almost a week at a time in 2011. Each time was a great experience. The minor issues I've had in the passed, I have addressed them with the GM and they've been handled. The staff is wonderful. All rooms have been renovated within the past 30 days. The breakfast is awesome (as what Embassy is known for). There are a ton of shops all around the hotel. Dave & Busters within walking distance! I will continue to stay here!

Room Tip: My favorite rooms are 603 or 607. They overlook the front of the building - lots of trees and near t...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I came to Austin about two weeks ago to visit a friend, and my stay at Embassy was beyond pleasurable. Upon entering, I was greeted by smiling faces and checked in immediately. I was really impressed by the decor. There were several ponds, including two swans! The doors to all of the hotel rooms faced these ponds so you could look out and see the ponds and swans from any room. My friend and I loved the Christmas tree at the entrance; it made us feel right at home.

We chose a suite with two queen beds. The decor was modern but warm and comfortable. In our room, there were two flat screen televisions. I stay in a lot of hotels because I travel for work, and I found this one very clean and well maintained. The beds were comfortable as well. After about twenty minutes, the front desk called to make sure I was happy with my room.

Lastly, don't miss the free happy hour. All drinks are free!

Thank you Embassy Austin!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends