“Nice hotel with good breakfast”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum
Ranked #33 of 203 Hotels in Austin
“Nice hotel with good breakfast”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I stayed in this hotel in a holiday weekend. I didn't have a reservation, walked in and got a better price. Front desk person was very helpful. All rooms are suits nice if you have kids. Two flat screen 42'' TVs. The bed was comfortable, sofa bed was nit so much but that's okay. Breakfast was very good, they make fresh omlette to your taste. All rooms face to the open area in the lobby so it it was loud in the evening and in the morning you might wake up with coffee smell and breakfast crowd's noise.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Austin
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I recommend using less bleach on sheets, and more fabric softner. Believe me, everytime I come here its the same. I wake up all red on my face from the bleach. My eyes are blood shot too. Other than that, I luv the hotel. Thank you for asking.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank jarroddmoses
South
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights in Match 2011. Typical set-up for an Embassy Suites with the added bonus on 2 swans that live inside the "pool" in the lobby. Staff was excellent and room was fine. This location is near lots of great restaurants and attractions but a ways away from downtown.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2011

great and would come back. good location and very clean.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 31, 2011

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for one night over the Memorial Day weekend. We had booked and prepaid a non-smoking, accessible room with two double beds. What we got was a regular room with two beds that smelled like a stale ashtray. When we complained. we were told it was the only room available and the hotel offered to spray some air freshener. Since we felt adding more artificial smells to the room would only make matters worse, we declined. To add insult to injury, we couldn't lower the room's thermostat below 72 F, which was too warm for restful sleep. We so wished we had stayed somewhere else!

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Frazestart
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We stayed at the Embassy Suites Arboretum while in Austin for a college graduation ceremony. Our room was neat, clean and ready upon arrival. The hotel is close to chain restaurants and a short (and easy) drive to downtown Austin and the 6th Street nightlife. The evening reception was a nice way to unwind after a busy, travel-filled day, and breakfast the next morning was terrific. It's hard to beat cooked-to-order omlets!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
phoenix
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Our stay here was so excellent, I had to share my appreciation. Everything was clean and comfortable when we were here, but what I most appreciated was the service. Everyone was very helpful--taking time to help us find where we wanted to go on the map, answering our questions, and providing a very well-cleaned room. I really appreciated the shuttle service, when my husband had the rental car for his work. The driver was prompt and reliable, and it really made the difference in my short stay in Austin. He also provided us with the valuable warning not to drive during Austin's rush hours if you can possibly help it. I also loved the swans in the fountain. They were such a relaxing sight each time we walked out to the lobby. They seemed very happy and appeared to enjoy the attention they received. I was very glad we didn't stay downtown!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business