“What a wonderful place to stay! Home away from home in Austin.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum
Ranked #33 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed April 6, 2011

We always love staying at Embassy Suites. The staff here are friendly and helpful, and the rooms are spotless. The manager's reception was always a relaxing pre-dinner treat, and breakfast was adequate. Kurt, the kitchen manager, does an amazing job at the restaurant. The location is so close to downtown, and also close to Lake Travis and local shopping. The Arboretum shops and restaurants are a fun outing just across the road, and there is a lovely outdoor food court and walking path. We found the location ideal for a relaxing, family vacation. I'm not sure we would have been any happier at the downtown Embassy Suites, which happened to be booked.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kentuckytraveler11
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum

Reviewed March 29, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this Embassy Suites. There's a Dave&Busters and movie theater about a block from the hotel. There are tons of other restaurants around the hotel too. The pool was just right for the kids. The microwave and refridgerator in our room was an added bonus and their gift shop had exactly what the average traveler needed.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ty___hall
Reviewed March 10, 2011

I stayed here a couple nights on business. when i checked in, very late due to a delayed flight, they only had one smoking room left YUK!! I was very disapointed though they did all they could to make it smell ok. The fan from the heat/ac unit was very loud! I had to shut the door to the bedroom for some quiet. I was moved the next day to a non-smoking room but not offered any sort of amenity for my inconveience.

Pros: large rooms. Nice hot and free breakfast. Room service was really good, fast, friendly. Pizza looked good as well. The swans were a nice feature and not something you see often. Good in room coffee - better than most other hotels. Gym was ok. Cardio equip/treadmills are super old and clunky.

Cons: Noisy hotel. Lots of kids in the hallways late. One elevator broken. No stairway alternative. Internet was not free but was a decent speed. So-so in room bathroom amenities. Bathroom was very tight, and i'm a small person!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mpersh
Reviewed March 8, 2011

First of all, I do rate this Embassy Suites very highly. The location was perfect for a recent business project and it was a either an easy drive downtown or a team get-together at the Alamo Drafthouses (several nearby). I'm a HHonors member and like to visit as many Hilton venues as possible because of their consistent value and hospitality across their brands (and across multiple states).

The swans did attract me to this place and they did not disappoint. I was felt sorry for the two, since the hotel was like a mini-zoo during my one-night stay. There was a conference event going on. The hotel is very kid friendly, so the combination of busy parents and hype kids were not the best environment for me or the swans. All aside, this Embassy Suites is a great place for families. The desk staff and restaurant are very welcoming (I didn't see any maintenance or other staffers strolling around like most hotels). I like the fruit-infused water by the elevators. The rooms are quite big, with separate rooms for living and sleeping. The King bed was very comfy, better than the HGI in my opinion. There's free parking and happy hour treats.

My one gripe was with the billing. For some reason, additional charges popped up and they never all came off. Both in person, via email, and voice message. It did peeve me that there was one tiny amount left, but I reasoned it to bad luck I guess. I will return again to this hotel. I will give them another shot. I don't want to prevent families from considering this place because of my one slight mishap.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank fastball16
Reviewed March 5, 2011

The trip was good. We came down for the girls state basketball tournament and play in the finals today. The hotel is nice with a great hot breakfast and a nice workout room. The only irritating part is being REQUIRED to write a review to use the internet and then it still doesn't work very good!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I do not understand how this place has garnered the high ratings shown on Tripadvisor.

I stayed here for two nights.

Upon arriving late the first night, I checked in. Upon arriving at my room, I met a maintenance person who was removing a portable heater or fan from the room -- not a good sign. I asked what he was up to, and he told me there had been some water on the carpet. Well, actually there still was some water on the carpet. A lot. The carpet was soaked for about 8 feet from the bathroom to the bedroom. Yuck.

The next morning I mentioned this to the front desk staff. No apology. They got most of the water dried up by the second night, but the carpet was still damp.

Also, cookie crumbs on the bureau, mildew in the shower, badly chipped paint in the bathroom.

Oh, and one of the two elevators was out of service for the duration of my stay, making for long waits at the elevator.

Finally, no conveniently located open electrical outlets in the bedroom for charging computer, cell phone, etc.

The only positive aspect of my experience was breakfast. The short-order cook making omlettes and the like was extremely efficient. In fact, I'm sure I've never seen anyone make an omlette anywhere near that fast.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank OaklandJeff
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Good value American chain. Rooms are big. Breakfast good. I liked the availability of a gym 24-7.

• Stayed: February 2011