“Great value; excellent hotel”

Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest
Ranked #16 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Stayed here one night with my teenage daughter on a Christmas getaway trip. Front desk help was very nice and friendly. I was offered a room on three different floors. Hotel was very nicely decorated. Room was beautiful. Bed was very comfortable. Fitness room was very nicely appointed. Slept late so didn't get to eat breakfast. Only regret after reading the reviews. I would greatly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Austin and needing a hotel in this area.

• Stayed: December 2010

Reviewed December 27, 2010

I have stayed at over 25 Hampton Inns, and have not been disappointed. The Austin NW location was especially great. We were attending a wedding, and the front desk people were very helpful providing directions. The breakfast was very good as the lady made a great effort asking if we needed anything. Housekeeping was prompt and very thorough.

The room was great and the bed very comfortable. We had family from out of state so satisfied, they stayed at this location an entire week while they took day trips exploring the hill country. I will definitely stay here again when I come to Austin.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2010

Quick check-in...updated and convenient. Staff was great made dinner suggestions that were great. I stay here everytime I come to Austin.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2010

We stayed in a room with a king bed and a sleeper sofa. The sleeper sofa was great for my two boys (ages 9 & 6) and there were plenty of blankets and pillows in the room for them to use. The free breakfast was outstanding! A huge variety of hot and cold items were available and the staff there was very helpful. When I told her I was getting change at the front desk to buy bottled water from the vending machine, she offered me free bottled water from the dining area! She went above and beyond and I really appreciated it. With out a doubt, we will stay here again on our next trip to Austin!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Good breakfast. Great coffee bar. Service people seemed rushed and unable to properly serve their customers. Will stay again though.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I am long time Honors member and hate to write something bad, because there have been many times that I should have written something good about other Hilton brand locations and didn't. Upon check in we found one of those Texas sized flying wood cock roaches walking on the elevator buttons that we needed to press. Killed it with my shoe and then when we got to our floor and found another one right where the elevator door opened. It was late at night so my wife did not immediately make us leave but if we had found another one in the room we would have left. The room really was not up to par with what we always experience at other locations i.e. paint was chipping and toilet did not flush properly (room 601). Also no refrigerator or room safe ( I am sure that was listed on the amenities page so no fault of hotel, just FYI). On the plus side the staff were very friendly, especially the nice lady in charge of breakfast and the lady who checked us in who moved us to a better room location at her own discretion.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelerfromtexas60
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Justed wanted to take a weekend getaway with my husband, without the kids. I picked the city and began searching for a decent, reasonably price hotel. My choices were narrowed down to three hotels. I am so happy I followed my mine!!!! I called the hotel direct before I made the online reservation, to ask a few questions. Best thing I could have done. I got a chance to speak with a hoel representative, she set the tone for everything. She made me feel excited about our trip, she not only answered all my questions, she made me feel "special", and advised me of proximty of the mall and attractions I might like to visit. Then, once we arrived the hotel staff was very friendly, and willing to make our stay enjoyable. Can not wait until our next getaway. Oh, the room was great too, from the comfort of the bed to decoration and price!!! ALL GREAT.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple