“Great Location, Nice Staff”

Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest
Ranked #13 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Atlanta, United States
“Great Location, Nice Staff”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Recently renovated to current Hampton standards, room was generous in size - and quiet, despite being close to the elevator. Staff was very friendly and helpful - helped me find a lower rate for my stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear John L H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a kind review about our property! I am so glad that you found our accommodations to your satisfaction. I am also so happy that you were impressed with our staff as Guest Service is something that we take very seriously! We certainly look forward to serving you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is a great hotel for business people visiting IBM Austin facilities in North Austin area. Plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby. Complementary Wi-fi and hot breakfast including eggs, sausage, donuts, juice and coffee.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear az990tony,

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed the location and amenities that our hotel offers! It is funny that you mention IBM as they are our top account here at the hotel and we even offer a complimentary shuttle to that location, just in case you need to know for your next stay! I am also so glad to see that you enjoyed our breakfast and I know my breakfast attendant will be happy to read your comments as well! We hope to see you again soon and thank you again for being so kind in your review of our property!
South Texas
Reviewed February 13, 2014

While in Austin for an event at the Bass Center, we opted to stay at this Hampton. It was a quick commute to Bass Center and its location lends itself for easy access off Mopac. It's location also is close to The Domain for great restaurants and shopping. We found the staff welcoming and attentive to all our requests. Although an older property, it was clean and the breakfast was great. Sometimes rooms in downtown Austin hotels are difficult to get and cost more and we found this property to be a great alternative.

Room Tip: Room was clean with a chaise lounge and comfortable King bed.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scomstock
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Scomstock,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and our location! Your review was absolutely refreshing to read and it is certainly great inspiration for us to keep providing great guest service! I am a firm believer that the Arboretum area is a nice alternative to staying in the downtown area simply because of the reasons you listed (high price, availability, etc.). We are so glad that you enjoyed staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Dumas, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Although your hotel is very clean and more than adequate for any individual, I was taken back by the initial impoliteness. Thus my stay was not as pleasant because I felt I could not come comfortably for assistance from the staff. I thought twice before typing this comment for it is not in my nature to be troublesome, however if it could be an eye-opener that some of your guests may come from some small little town and no nothing about navigating through a big city. It may be late in the evening, they are in distress and anxious for being in an uncomfortable experience (as being lost is for anyone), please breathe and smile to that guest for you are their temporary home. Common courtesy and politeness goes such a long way.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

AUSNWManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Hi Manuela R,
First off, I wanted to thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Feedback from our guests are how we get better every day. Secondly, I wanted you to know that we take Guest Service very seriously and we spend a lot of time training our staff to be as helpful and courteous as possible. I'm very disheartened to hear that the top level of service we aim for wasn't achieved during your visit. I assure you it has been addressed with my front office team and hope that one day in the future we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back so you can experience our superior service!
- Thomas Haidet, Hotel Manager
Katy, Texas
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Good stay the only problem I experienced was he heat did not come on ...but I did NOT call for help..I just grabbed the extra blanket and fell asleep. The staff was very friendly from the time unchecked in to check out. The quality of the breakfast was good. My room was clean and comfortable. Great friendly staff would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear JensJohnsMom,

Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words about our staff and our property. I certainly apologize that you faced an inconvenience with our room heating system. Sometimes our digital thermostats can be a challenge to work with and I am very sorry that we were not able to help you fix this while you were in the hotel. We are always available at our desk 24 hours a day to answer any and all questions for our guests and I always urge our guests to call us at the first sign of any problems. I hope that we are able to serve you again in the future as I feel we will be able to provide a worry-free stay the next time around.
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Visited Austin on the rare days of snow and ice. As we walked in, there was wine and cheeses - not just 1 type, 3 types. The reception was warm and welcoming. Room was well appointed and very nice.
Only drawback was the parking - it was a bit odd. Although there was plenty parking.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear ErilvB66,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on our TripAdvisor page! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you also were able to experience our Happy Hour as well. I do also want to apologize if there was any confusion in our parking arrangements, however we do offer completely complimentary parking and there are four separate entrances on the property to make entry easier. I will definitely make sure the staff is fully informing all of our guests just in case we were anyway unclear about it during your check-in. I hope you enjoyed staying with us as much as we enjoyed serving you! We certainly hope to see you again very soon!
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have spent almost one week here. The room was comfortable, the breakfast was quite rich and the staff was friendly and always available to sutisfy your requests. An exeption was represented by a young guy with black curly hair who was unfriendly and not prone to meet the demand. I don' t go into the detail of the personal problem I had or others from my collegues, but he is a person who doesn't try to listen to you, while the others were really nice and always ready to help. The hotel is distant about 12 miles from the city centre, but it is close to a mall and some restaurants. Since the taxi are too expensive (65 USD to go downtown), I advice to rent a car or get a local bus (2 usd for 24 h) to go around or downtown.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank doKriX
Dear KrisCPF,

I want to thank you for your patronage and for taking the time to submit a survey about our property. I do also want to take this opportunity to personally apologize for the negative interaction that you had with the member of my front desk. I can assure you that this is not a level of service that we tolerate from our guest service agents and I will be speaking with my entire staff about this particular issue. I am honestly hoping that we will have the opportunity to serve you again and provide an experience that is more customary to our hotel. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.