“Would have been excellent but”

Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest
Ranked #14 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Tucson, Arizona
“Would have been excellent but”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had pre-paid for a 3 night long weekend stay. (got a super price per night). The facility is a little older but is very nice. When we arrived in our room we found a rip in the carpet. We let the person at the front desk know. The next day I check with the front desk again, there was a different person there. He said that the rip had been noted and ask if it would be OK for someone to come up and look at it. The person did come up and took a picture of the rip. I thought they might have offered to put us in a different room or something. It wasn't until I receive our statement and check my credit card and saw they had refunded a significant amount of the pre-payment. I was very pleased they did this.

The free breakfast hot entrees changed each morning we were there which was nice also. The staff was very helpful when we had questions about eating places in the area.

We would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul4093
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Paul 4093,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on our Trip Advisor page. I also want to apologize one more time for the inconvenience that you faced with the carpet in your room. All of our management team takes your situation very seriously and have since had that carpet replaced. Thank you so much for your patronage and I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Midland, Texas
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were in Austin over the holidays staying at the Hampton Inn. It was in a great location close to The Domain area as well as the Arboretum area. Plenty of shopping and nice restaurants to choose from. Hotel service was very good, personal and friendly. The room was clean and well kept - just a bit tired. I hope they can remodel the rooms in the near term as we will plan on staying there again. Breakfast was good and warm each morning. Workout facility was limited with three cardio machines and some free weights.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Charles D
Dear Charles D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review about our property. I am glad to see that you will be choosing to stay with us again and I will certainly be passing your comments along to my upper management about our room updates. Our main goal is to achieve the best guest satisfaction and they will most certainly take your comments seriously. Once again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Good location to shopping, entertainment and The Arboretum. Easy to access. Beautiful and comfortable lobby and eating area. Tasty and varied free breakfast. Beds are comfortable and the rooms are nice. Great value for the money. Friendly and efficient staff. We stay here often when in Austin visiting relatives.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Sherrill S!

Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful words about our property! My entire staff works so hard to provide a stay like the one that you described and it is so wonderful of you to let us know that we succeeded. I know that they will all be so happy to read your comments and be awaiting your return to our hotel again!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 24, 2013

A very convenient hotel for northwest Austin. Fine service and comfortable facility and room, except that it proved impossible to regulate the room temperature in a satisfactory way, with the choice being between freezing and broiling.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Murray H,

I want to begin by thanking you for submitting a review about our property. I do also want to apologize for the lack of control over the room temperature. I can assure you that we try to keep all of our digital thermostats in top shape so that they are properly regulating temperature. I will certainly be revisiting this topic with my maintenance team and I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. I do also apologize that we were unable to fix this for you during your stay. I try to make sure that my staff properly emphasizes our 24 hour service so that we can solve guest concerns any time during the day. I do hope that we are able to serve you again and I honestly feel that your stay with us next time will be worry free.
Portland, OR
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights and this is an above average Hampton Inn in my opinion. Our entire team stayed here - 20 of us and no one complained. The staff was super friendly and the location is close to just about everything you need - shopping, and lots of good restaurants.

My room had sort of a cabin feel - very dark chocolate brown carpet (they could of been dirty and you wouldn't know), but but the room was super clean - bathroom especially. It's probably one of the cleaner rooms I've stayed in a while. The room was good sized - had a king bed, a sleeper sofa, desk and the bathroom had enough towels and everything worked the way it was suppose to. The bed was a bit hard for my comfort, but not uncomfortable. I must say that the best part of this hotel is that I could not hear anything from inside my room. I did not hear other hotel guests and that seems to be a rarity these days. I could not hear anyone in the hallway unless I was standing by my door, and I could not hear anyone on either side of me and both of the rooms were taken. Our group had someone staying on the first floor - the room right next to the lobby and he said once he was in his room he heard nothing, which was surprising because we came back one night from downtown loud as heck and he said he didn't hear a thing not only from us, but his entire stay.

The breakfast in this place is fairly decent too - lots of choices and plenty of seating in the lobby to eat.

The only thing I was disappointed in was the hotel doesn't have a bar - but there is one 30 second walk away that is more than adequate so really this didn't matter. We went there a few nights and watched football - they have food/drinks. There is also a Burger King right next store - you can smell it when outside, but not inside the hotel. The only other thing was this hotel was so hot! The hallways are super warm and be prepared during the winter to perhaps need to turn your heat down when you get into your room. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lady_Nafziger
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Lady_Nafziger,

I want to thank you for taking the time to submit such a detailed and wonderful review about our property. I am very glad to hear that not only you enjoyed your stay with us but your group as well! My team and I work really hard to put forth this kind of stay for all of our guests and it really is kind of you to let us know that we succeeded. I will certainly be passing this review along to all of my staff as it will absolutely help with team morale. We look forward to serving you again in the future and thank you so much for your patronage!
Hewitt, United States
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We were there for a conference. Rooms were clean and freshly made up. It was quiet and everything was right at our fingertips. I love staying at Hampton Inns all over the U.S. Hampton Inn always has great breakfast and also usually has coffee and snacks throughout the day. Rooms were very quiet. I was on the fourth floor and my asst. was on the second floor and both of us experienced a great couple of nights sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Steve J,

I have to begin by thanking you for submitting such a kind review about our property! We strive to provide the kind of service that you described every single day and it is always nice to know when we succeed at this goal! Thank you for your patronage and I hope we can be of service to you again in the future.
Austin, United States
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have stayed at this location two times and plan to return. The staff are very friendly and the hotel is very clean. The breakfast is great, too! They also have a bag breakfast on the front desk if you are in a hurry.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Teresa H,

We are so thankful for your incredibly kind words! It is always thrilling to see that our return guests are still loving our hotel. When guests give us such kind reviews it reaffirms our commitment to great guest service! Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again soon!