“GOOD QUALITY/VERY EFFICIENT”

Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest
Ranked #12 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Although I only stayed for one night in transit it was a very comfortable and efficient stay in a nicely located hotel with very helpful staff indeed. Rooms were immaculate and well furnished. I will be back again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael W
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Michael W,

Thank you so much for submitting your review about our property! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife stayed here while in town for a general 'tourism' visit. The hotel was typically Hampton Inn, which is a good thing. The rooms were clean and in great shape, the general property are was clean and in great shape and the breakfast was typically Hampton Inn, which is a good thing.

We were concerned about the location in relation to downtown, but on the weekend this did not prove to be an issue. We were able to easily get where we wanted by jumping on Mopac and running freeway speeds to near our destination.

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side from the Burger King. I have a suspicion that the drive thru bo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David B

Dear David B,

I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel! You shared some great comments about our property, and I am glad that our location worked out for you! We certainly hope to serve you again in the future, and thank you so much for your patronage!

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for four nights while visiting the city. Everything was very nice- the staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. The room was big enough and clean. The location is the only thing not great- it wasn't too close to downtown and the area was okay but not great. The decor in the lobby was very nice and modern which was surprising since I've stayed at another Garden Inn and the style was more traditional. The furniture in the room was a little outdated but not too bad. Overall it was a very nice stay.

Stayed: November 2013

Dear Nayru H,

Thank you so much for your nice review about our property. We are always pleased when a guest has a good experience with us! I do apologize that our location was not quite what you were expecting, but (aside from clubs and bars) our area of Austin does feature almost all of the restaurants and shops you will find in the downtown area. It would seem like we might not have given you all of our local maps and for that I am sincerely apologetic. I hope that we can serve you again in the future and provide an even better stay next time!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We loved the people and the facilities at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest. We stayed 3 days while watching the grandkids play football in the Austin Area. We felt very much at home while staying with at the Arboretum Northwest. The rooms were awesome and the people very friendly. Looking forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: Just ask them for what you want and they are very helpful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Kent T,

We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! We certainly work hard to ensure that our guests are satisfied and it is very kind of you to let us know that we succeeded at this goal. We certainly look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My very first stay at this hotel was great. I received the corporate treatment. The second stay was not so great, but good. The reservationist did not ask me for my Honors Card. I had to ask him to make sure to credit my stay. The restaurant the reservationist recommended I order from the food was terrible. I ended up throwing it all away.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Sherry G,

I want to begin by thanking you for taking the time to submit two separate reviews about our property. I hope I was able to answer some of the concerns that you had in the email that I sent to you. However, I do want you to know that I take all guest comments seriously and I will be speaking with my Guest Service Agents about our HHonors treatment and restaurant recommendations. Thank you for your patronage and I hope that we are able to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Facility lacks modern looks and updates available in other comparable facilities. Excellent Staff Attitude and helpfulness. Great location. Great Rates. The Room A/C unit was very noisy caused disturbance when it turned on at night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Hernal P,

Once again I want to thank you for being so kind as to submit two separate reviews about our hotel. I am very thrilled that you enjoyed our staff and I do want you to know that I do take all guest concerns very seriously. I have had my maintenance team follow up with the AC in that room and I will be passing your comments along to my upper management about our modern updates. Thank you for your patronage and I hope that we will be able to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Not a bad experience, but not what I expected. We looked into the usual spot under the tv, for the fridge and microwave and surprise...nothing there! A little dark, a tiny bit run down and somewhat noisy. Overall, not the experience I've had from New England to Texas, for Hampton Inn.

A major initial complaint: The layout of the hotel and it's familiar logo sign....just stupid.
Austin is almost solid with beautiful, large, oak trees.....but placing your marquee about three feet from a 60 ft tall tree completely hides it....so looking for the place in one direction is impossible and not all that easy to find, when coming from the other direction. Hopefully your OnStar or GPS will save you. The building itself can be found by the only sign I actually saw on the building: "Clearance 15 feet". We narrowed it down, from all the other buildings in this heavily wooded series of driveways, by the tiny Hilton parking signs on some of the spaces. Walking past a motorcycle parked by the front door, we were there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Falconfling1,

I want to begin by saying that I am truly apologetic for the experience that you had when you visited our hotel. I can assure you that we work very hard to make sure that our guests are pleased when they visit us and it is always disappointing to me when we fail. In regards to the refrigerators and microwaves, I am working very closely with our corporate office to continue our stocking of these items into our rooms. Currently we do feature refrigerators in a majority of our rooms, but unfortunately it seems, we did not have that in your room. However, we do have some extras on property and are always willing to fulfill a request for one as well. While we are not a Hampton Inn & Suites property our rooms do not automatically feature these items and we do not advertise as such on our website to avoid any sort of confusion, so I hope we did not mis-inform you in any way. In regards to the sign issue, I will certainly be looking into trimming that tree in order for better vision of the sign. I am also incredibly disappointed to see that you felt that we were dark and run-down as we work very hard to maintain our property on a daily basis. However, I have taken all of your comments to heart and I will continue to push our property to do better in this regard. I hope I have been able to answer some of your frustrations and I do sincerely wish that we will be able to serve you again in the future.