“Typical Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South
Ranked #60 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Unfortunately, the rates dictated by corporate where to rip off the loyal clients during SXSW. I will not stay at Hilton properties in the future given an option. The Hotel is your typical Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel previously and its always booked because it is such a great location. I got stuck in a smoking room each time but did not really mind it so much because of the actual convenience of the hotel. located right off of I-35. I could get anywhere with ease, especially the mall. LOL! I travel for business and the Wi-Fi is decent depending upon which room you receive. I would suggest not staying in a corner room or end of the hall room so that the connection to the internet is better. The breakfast is decent and always hot and ready. The staff is great! The only complaint I have is that the floors of the rooms get a good shampoo! The last stay I had there was a sticky substance, blue in color that was embedded into the floor and my socks kept getting icky every time I got out of the bed as that is where the location of the stain was. The toilet also kept running and I hope the issue has since been fixed as I am sure it might bother others as it did me. Overall, I had a great stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: book well in advance because this location is in high demand!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Difficult to find using driving directions from Houston, TX. Had to call the hotel on my cell phone to obtain accurate driving directions when I reached Austin, TX airport area. I stopped at a nearby Hampton and received written, but incaurate, driving directions from that hotel to the one I wanted; less than 5 miles away.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

All staff I came in contact with were polite and just down right nice. The cleanliness of my room was outstanding, felt like I was the first to stay in the room. The breakfast was wonderful! I will surely try to stay here again when I'm traveling for business or leisure. Thank you to all your staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We were warmly greeted and allowed to check in a little early, as we weren't coming back until after midnight. Some loud, obnoxious guests were in the lobby when we arrived, but the men weren't heard from again after we got to our room. The room was nice, cozy, and quiet. There was a very large gap from the door to the floor letting in a lot of light, but it stayed quiet on our floor. Everything was clean and seemed to work very well.
We left before breakfast, but the area seemed very clean. One complaint was that the desk clerk was MIA when we were checking out. Had to assume everything was correct, and it was.

Room Tip: We had an upper floor facing away from the highway, and set away from the elevators. Very quiet on a...
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The mattress being at the proper height for a wheelchair transfer was a pleasant surprise. Most accessible rooms have very large pillow top mattresses that make moving from a wheelchair into the bed difficult. The bathroom was very wheelchair accessible and the roll in shower was also really appreciated. I also appreciate the accessible room being on the first floor. A few hotels I've stayed at had their accessible rooms on the upper floors. This would make it impossible to get a person in a power wheelchair down the stairs in the event of a fire.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have always received the accommodations I have asked for, specifically to be in a room on an upper floor and away from the elevator. The rooms are always immaculate.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo