“Overpriced and no complementary services”

Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South
Ranked #60 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed here one night because my flight was the next day. Wrong choice. During this business trip I stayed in different Hilton chain hotels each night. I flew into Austin and visited Round Rock and Livingston. This hotel was my last night in Texas before returning to Georgia. Upon check-in I asked when the complementary happy hour & evening buffet started. Was told they don't have it in this Hampton, but I can go to the nearby Omni or Homewood suites. AND I had to ask the maid for the bathroom items, shampoo, condition, lotion, and soap. It was raining and since I had reviewed the Omni experience I knew they were pricey and poor service. I elected to find an offsite restaurant to eat at. The next morning I asked the front desk clerk for aspirin and was told they don't have the convenience store/nook but I could go next door to Omni or Homewood suites. The room was way small and overpriced. I would not recommend staying at this hotel if you are used to the quality and service you would and should expect from Hampton.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this Hampton.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Rooms are fine, I'd read on some hits that the hotel was shabby. Not true and I'm a sad road warrior. This place is fine. Take your own toaster. The usual Hampton / Fairfield / budget scale toaster failure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Location was near airport and activities I took part in, but very limited dinner options near by. Ended up across the street at the Omni 3 nights out of 3 nights. All in all an acceptable experience at a average hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Jessie V
dddaustinmgr, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Hello Jesse and thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, We are delighted to be within walking distance of the Onion Creek Grille, as they have wonderful food and service. And we can offer some very good delivery options. We are sorry you were unable to see a little more of Austin though while your were here. There are multitudes of terrific restaurants in our area and downtown, if your up for a quick cab ride. Thank you again for your business and we hope you will return.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great stay and good food.. Location was convenient in regards to the conference I was attending. Room was clean and had all the conveniences of home. Would stay there again if I go back again. Austin is also a great place to visit, with so much to do that you cannot squeeze it into one visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have always had a pleasant experience at Hampton. During a job I had last year I had to stay in an Oklahoma location for four weeks. There were a couple of small issues, but they were fixed immediately. The breakfast at Hampton is the BOMB. The waffles are sooo good! My experience at the Austin Hampton was even better than the last. I always find that Hamptons are just a little nicer and cleaner than the other hotels in its competition. I trust the brand. Thanks for another great stay!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
dddaustinmgr, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Teresa, you know you made our day with your wonderful review. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We only stayed one night here for a passing visit to see the Wildflower Center and the Congress Ave bats. The location was excellent and easy to find and the hotel overall was satisfactory despite the presence of carpet dryers in and around the ground floor fitness suite and the printer being out of order in the business suite. The staff were very friendly and helpful and we would be happy to have extended our stay longer if our travel plans had allowed us to do so.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your kind review and your loyalty. ( It was an unusual circumstance we were experiencing while you were here and we apologize that you had to see the last part of our clean up effort.) We are hoping your travels bring you to Austin again next Spring or sooner and that you will spend another family holiday with your Hampton Family.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed our last night in Austin here due to proximity to the airport. We made a required appointment to be picked up at 3:30 AM to leave on a 5 AM flight. The shuttle was 35 minutes late. Arriving after 3 phone calls, when questioned, the driver responded "I am just the driver."
Upon arrival to the airport, she literally threw our bags onto the curb.

The receptionist at the Hampton informed us there have been many complaints. They have been reported to the General Manager of this Hampton - Dawnell Dayton. Nothing has been done. This was a very stressful situation. We should have stayed where we were in Austin.

Do not depend on their shuttle!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Stephanie, for staying with during your trip to Austin. We are sorry for the issues you experienced with your Super Shuttle return to the airport. Super Shuttle provides transportation all over Austin. It's true we do not have a shuttle of our own, however we have agreed to pay for our guest's trip to and from the airport. It is suggested that pick ups are scheduled two hours before a flight to give you plenty of time to arrive, get through security and get to your gate on time. Our desk agent may have failed to mention the 15 minute window Super Shuttle requires for hotel pick ups as guests may not always be ready when they arrive. Thank you again, for letting us know how we we can improve our guests experience.