“Needs Help” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South

Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4141 Governors Row, Austin, TX 78744-1048 (South Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Up to 20% Off*
Ranked #58 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Taipei, Taiwan
“Needs Help”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Compared to other Hampton Inn's, this one needs some work. My room wasn't ready, hallway was flooded due to shower in one of the rooms and one elevator was out of order.
It's close to the airport and Spansion.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ChrisandHolli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting the lego convention. The hotel was nice but could use a face lift. The breakfast was good and the rooms were clean. Except when we did a final sweep as we were leaving. We found a pair of boxers behind the chair and they didnt belong to us. : / We requested a roll-a-way bed both nights and were told they were out. The kids enjoyed the pool however. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank 4meisters
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Location. Check
Hilton Property. Check
Exercise Room. Check
I haven't been to Austin in a couple of years and was in town to simply spend the night before flying out the next day. I stay in many Hampton Inns, as I am a Diamond HHonors member. This location needs a renovation. The treadmill stopped in the middle of my run, and would not turn back on. Switching to the elliptical machine it was only better in that it stayed on. Hampton has done a good job upgrading, this location has not.

As I stated before, I stay in a lot of hotels, and I cannot recall being concerned about my elevator getting to my floor. Both elevators were creaky, noisy, and slow.

Location is great for easy access to the airport and restaurants but needs to be renovated....soon. I will choose another hilton family hotel on my next visit unless a renovation takes place.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Dennisgerk
dddaustinmgr, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyal Hilton HHonors Diamond business. We agree with you completely and the plans are already underway. Our lobby, fitness center and business center will begin a complete transformation and we will have it ready for you by the end this year. We hope you will come back and stay with us again and let us know how you like the update. We want you to be 100% satisfied and will be in touch regarding your stay. Thank you again for your business.
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This hotel has the standard amenities and decorations, layout, etc. consistent with the brand. In reviewing the increasingly standardized properties of international brands, many aspects of the usual reports are predictable or otherwise commonly known.

Some points particular to this property include staff, location, and those points stemming from such factors.

Staff: The staff members were each and all very friendly and efficient. The cleanliness of the room and upkeep of the interior are further evidence of capable and attentive staff. My bill, including tax free application, was correct and in order.

Location: Though the city is relatively small, and distance to downtown is not many miles, drive times are lengthened by traffic. Austin’s good economy has attracted job seekers, some of whom are from out of state—which means non-Texas drivers. Apparently, some states do not encourage slow drivers to move from the left lane and officers fail to ticket lane changes devoid of signal. Overall, traffic is the main detraction to this location. Grocery stores and restaurants are very close, but it seemed like nothing within walking distance was particular to Austin (chain restaurants and the general pub), and the ease of finding the hotel being due to proximity to the airport and highway meant walking anywhere in the area would not be easy.

If you are looking for a good deal and comfortable lodging for business, I would recommend this property. Low rates, clean facility, and competent staff make this a good choice when spending your company’s money. If you’re in the area for a family trip or for fun, I might seek something more closely situated to downtown and signature Austin restaurants and activities. Parking downtown is not difficult, but if you have to walk several blocks from parking to your destination, there are properties where you could do this without first driving downtown and paying for parking. Also, if you planned to bar hop, why not be able to walk or take a much cheaper cab ride? If you did stay at this hotel with family though, you would be pleased to find clean, working refrigerator and microwave appliances in the room. And the refrigerator is actually empty, allowing you to put things you bring into it.

Room Tip: This is really not a property with a view, so any room should be decent.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Kaiser_D
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

I am a frequent traveler and often stay at Hampton Inns. This one was clean, well staffed and even with a room right next to the elevator -was quiet. I had an overall good experienmce, the only complaint is internet speed was slow each time I signed into my computer or on my ipad. The day I arrived i was not feeling well so I was in the room most of the afternoon into the evening and I was repeatedly knocked off wifi while trying to stream video on Netflix or even NBC.com. I tried with my Ipad too and no dice. On day 2 - I called down to the desk to find out if something was up with the wifi, and was told there had been no issues, and that service was fully working, and if I needed a better signal I could come down to the lobby. In this day and age with everyone using their gadgets in the hotel, its expected the internet should be high speed, sustained access for all guests. I have never encountered this problem in a Hilton property before, so it was quite annoying.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SandyS
Conway, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I was here on a busy weekend but the room (6th floor) was quiet all the time. Everything was clean and worked; just what I’ve learned to expect from this chain. Check-in went smoothly and the staff was friendly and courteous. The breakfast area was kept clean and well-stocked on a busy Saturday morning and the room was cleaned quickly and quietly during the day.

Room Tip: It was very quiet on the 6th (top) floor
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Many other comparable hotels in the area to spend money with you...customer service stinks!!

First, we were put in a king room reserved for handicapped citizens. Whoever designed the hotel didn't consider the shower floor for any guest. Very European in design, however, the tiles were so large that anyone who showers on these tiles slip and slide and causes issue for agile guests; not to mention handicapped citizens.

Secondly, we requested a late check-out to be at 1:00 p.m. Communication between night manager and day manager didn't occur. I was bugged by the Maid, front desk clerk, and the walls were banged on "appearing to want me out" much earlier than the 1:00p.m. check-out.
I was lied to when I was told that my husband had turned in his key (which he never did)..that is why they were confused. WOW! Customer Service NOT!

You all must be proud of your hotel! Your customer service is lousy and we won't be back!!!!

Room Tip: Many other hotels in the area. Customer Service should be important again in America....We spend ou...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
dddaustinmgr, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for your comments following your stay with us, jc. I appreciate your review and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused regarding your late check out request. Your experience has been addressed with the staff. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations, improve our customer service and satisfy our guests every time. We are pleased when you are pleased. The next time you are in Austin we would love to have you back to experience an improved level of service. Thank you again for your comments.