“Great base for searching for a new home”

Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South
Ranked #60 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed October 16, 2011

The best linens ever! Had a great time staying here while searching for a home. Everyone was nice-used hte laundry at the hotel next door (another Hilton property)Convienient location.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank GloriaMunday
HamptonSouth, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

We enjoy having new comers to Austin and that fact that you moved here is even better. I am glad we were apart of your experience and hope that you will refer our hotel to others moving to Austin or family/friends coming to visit you! Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope you will stay in Austin for a long time.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South

Reviewed September 27, 2011

The hotel is a little awkward to get to, but worth finding. It had everything you would expect from a hotel in this price range -- clean, comfortable rooms; nice breakfast including eggs, sausage, cereal, toast, pastries, and fresh fruit; courteous, professional, and helpful staff. There is a lot of outside noise from the nearby highway, but once inside the rooms are serenely quiet. Landscaping was quite nice, too. Easy to get on the highway from the hotel. While the hotel did not have dining or lounge facilities, there's a lovely lounge in the Omni just across a quiet street. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julie32159
HamptonSouth, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

I am so pleased you chose our location and going out of your way to leave a response about our hotel places a smile on our faces. We are excited that our hotel was the right fit for you during your stay. We hope you will tell others of your wonderful experience and I will be sure to pass your comment onto our staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

Got a good rate at this hotel, relative to other hotels in Austin, but now I see why. The Internet is so slow that it's unusable. Even the Slowski's would get frustrated with it. When I brought it to the attention of the lady at the front desk, she was disinterested and even made a comment that led me to believe this is an ongoing problem.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I've always had good experiences at Hampton Inns and this one was no different. The staff was extremely friendly (Christina Marie gave me some wonderful local restaurant suggestions), the breakfast buffett was great, the pool was nice, the rooms were clean and the beds were super comfortable! i liked the fact that the hotel was only about 15 minutes away from the airport (and it had a shuttle which picked me up to take me to the airport at 4am - impressive!) The hotel was also only a 15 minute drive to downtown Austin. Perfect! The only ONE negative is that I stayed in a room on the non-smoking wing of the 2nd floor, but as soon as I walked out of my room, I could smell the smoke lingering down from the other end of the hall. That was definitely a negative, but not enough for me to give the hotel any bad ratings.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maureen P
HamptonSouth, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We love having you here and are looking forwar to your next stay. Our staff is always here to assist you when you need it. Thank you for review.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton with my son for a Lego convention and we both really enjoyed the hotel. Breakfast was fine (waffles, cereal, etc.) and the service was great. There were cookies in the afternoon and coffee was always available. Our first room had a bad TV connection but we easily were switched into a new room. Very convenient location to the highway for excursions around the city.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank laminicooperman

Thank you for your review. I do apologize that your TV was not working properly but I am grateful that were able to not only accomodate you but for bringing it to our attention so we can take care of it quickly. We hope to see you before the next convention.

Reviewed July 2, 2011

Hotel room was clean & quiet. There was heavy road construction on highway, but did not really affect stay. Neighbourhood was nice immediaty around Inn. All facilities work & most important AC worked perfectly. We did not use pool, but several guest were and it looked ok. It was outside hotel & a little on small side. The bed was comfortable enough & showerhead was quality message type. Had very few if any complaints. Would stay again if in area. This hotel was the best value for the money we could find in South Austin area. Was fairly close to a great mall that was a few miles to west. NO noise from airport that was also fairly close

• Stayed: June 2011
4  Thank firetiger

Your review means alot to us. We are definately in a great area and are surrounded by shopping centers, downtown, as well as the airport. I am glad that our hotel was a convenience factor during your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to Austin.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

This was our second stay at this hotel, and the last one was 7 months ago.
well to start the kids that were there were running everywhere, no one seemed to care they were banging on doors that didn't belong to them and running crazy in the hallways.
I really think the adults in charge of them took of shopping or clubing and left them alone. If I was to suggest call ahead and make sure there is no little ball game going on or a group of kids staying there.
Didn't get to try breakfast, again the kids were in there runing around, making waffles while over flowing the machine, and touching everything they saw. I would suggest if you have children. WATCH THEM and teach them how to act in public.
the Room was clean, and bed was hard as a rock, think we will search out a new hotel for our next visit to Austin.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank World-Traveled-TX
HamptonSouth, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

I do apologize that your stay was not as enjoyable. Please do not hesitate to contact the sales department when planning your next trip, we will be sure to take care of you during your next stay.