“Really nice hotel with comfortable beds...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW

Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW
Ranked #9 of 197 Hotels in Austin
San Antonio, TX
“Really nice hotel with comfortable beds...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

Really nice hotel with comfortable beds. I was happy with everything.

• Stayed October 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2010

Normally, I stay at full service higher end hotels like Marriott Resorts or the Westin but I decided to try to save a few bucks because travelling with young kids and having to go to a restaurant for every meal starts getting expensive. So this hotel with a full kitchen turned out to be a great place. The furnishings were much nicer than I expected and the kitchen was very modern, clean, and fully stocked with app. I also liked that they had a DVD player so after dinner, we tossed a bag of popcorn in tne mircowave, settled onto the couch and had a movie night, just like at home. Overall, value was great. No charge for parking, Internet, hot breakfast so when I checked out, there wasn't the array of additional charges I often see on the print out that hotels slip under the door in the early morning of departure.

Would come back again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank honorduty
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

I loved this hotel! First, it was great to check in online and choose my room before my arrival. I knew the hotel was booked solid (I was there during SXSW) and I wanted to make sure I had a god room.

I can't say enough about the staff. Everyone was really nice and helpful. There was a new guy in training at the front desk and he was awesome with tips about things to do and good restaurants.

Our room was great! Really clean, looked brand new and it smelled wonderfully. We had a one bedroom suite on the top floor.

The hotel is in a good location, however you will need a car to get around. Parking is free and plentiful. Breakfast and evening reception are also free and even though the hotel was full, there was plenty of food to go around.

There is also free wireless internet throughout the hotel, incluing the rooms.

I was incredibly satisfied with this hotel. I've been to quite a few Homewood Suites, but this one is so far my favorite.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank sleepyjuli
Tyler, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

I stayed here because of the price and reviews but was highly disappointed. First of all, when I checked in, the lady at the front desk asked if it was my first time to stay at this motel and I said yes, which it was. She put me in a room at the end of the 2nd floor hall next door to the mechanical room, not to mention the 8 air conditioning compressor units that were outside both the living room and bedroom windows. I did not sleep well that night. Other problems; no ice in the freezer and no ice machines on the property, the flat screen TV in the bedroom did not work, the light next to the bed (on the side that I normally sleep on) did not work, the sliding glass closet doors would not slide open without falling off their track, no tissue (but the box was there), the hallway and elevator carpet was filthy and not vacuumed, and no USA Today paper delivered to my room despite the advertisement that one would be delivered every morning. And about the "hot breakfast" ...it was horrible. I ended up driving downtown to find some decent food. I will not be back, even if the price is right.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
kgoldin, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
I am disappointed our hotel was not able to provide you with a satisfying stay or the quality of amenities you deserve. We understand how important it is to be comfortable at the Homewood Suites; it should be your home-away-from-home. Our team has discussed your feedback and has taken action on all of your comments. I will be reaching out to you, in order to make this right.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for six nights for business. Because I was working in North Austin, the location was perfect. Every front desk person I came in contact with was pleasant, knowledgeable, and went above and beyond the call of duty. I started off each morning with a nice breakfast. I was there Sunday - Friday, so I was there for the weekly rotation of breakfast items. It is not gourmet, but is freshly prepared; fresh fruit, cereal and yogurt are always available, in addition to the hot items. A food service person is present, and promptly replaces items that are almost gone and cleans the area. There is a small dinner served from 5-7pm during "happy hour" Monday - Thursday; wine and beer are available. Once again, the food is not gourmet, but the attendants do the best they can. The monthly calendar posted on the refrigerator has the week's menu. I stayed in a king suite that faced the pool. The room was quiet and comfortable; the kitchen included a two-burner electric stove, small toaster oven, a microwave oven, a full-sized refrigerator with an ice maker, and a small stock of plates and silverware. There is a two-seat built-in table with two chairs; a small sofa, easy chair, coffee table and flat screen TV with a DVD player in the sitting area.The bedroom was cozy; a set of double doors separated it from the sitting room. The bed was very comfy; it faced another flat screen TV, so you can easily watch TV in bed. The bathroom was spartan, but clean and functional. Lotion was included with the soap, shampoo and conditioner, which I really appreciated. There are numerous stores and restaurants nearby. Grocery stores within a couple of miles include a Whole Foods, HEB, and Randall's. A number of well-known restaurant chains are nearby, as well as local favorites such as Sam's Boat, Iron Cactus, North by Northwest and Roaring Fork (which has a quarry lake at the rear of the restaurant- and is very pretty). This hotel is located in a very busy area and is a bit hard to find at first; the best tip given to me by the front desk staff was to use Braker Lane (the Hampton Inn next door is easily visible) as a primary starting point to go east to I-35, and to go west (to 183, to return to the airport, for example). The only issue I had were minor ones with housekeeping- for example, they kept forgetting to put a plastic trash can liner in the kitchen trash can. There is lots of shopping nearby- The Domain is just on the other side of the Mo-Pac expressway; a two-story Crate and Barrel, a REI, a Best Buy, and a Neiman Marcus outlet (Last Call) are within a couple of miles; I suggest you follow Stonelake Blvd. all the way to 183 to avoid getting on the expressway to get to those stores. To sum it up. this was almost a working vacation for me. To top it all off, as I left early this morning the young man at the front desk offered to have the food service person make some french toast for me in a go-box, since I was on my way to the airport. I was really impressed, since it was 6:15am, and breakfast is not supposed to be served until 7am on weekend mornings!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank flabbytabbycat
Poway, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights at a conference in N. Austin. Suites are comfortable and pleasant. Nice setup for an extended stay - felt like a timeshare with a full size fridge and stove/microwave. Bedding was of a quality I'd expect at a luxury hotel - it surprised me and was incredibly comfortable. Good strong A/C too. I was impressed by the level of service here too - not something I had expected. I arrived late at night and the front desk was very accomodating and thoughtful enough to ask me if i'd like a wake up call without my asking. The last day of my stay In inquired about rental cars and the woman at the front desk printed me out a map to the agency along with their contact information. Wow! I would absolutely stay here again. There are limited food choices if you dont have a car, but otherwise there are many good places within minutes driving, including an upscale shopping mall. One tip I learned. There is a city bus line that runs one block from the hotel every 30 minutes. You pay $2 for a full day pass and get a 40 minute ride to the State Capitol in Downtown Austin - it was fun and very easy. Plus you couldn't beat that deal and chance to see different parts of the city.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2010

What a nice hotel. Nothing too fancy, but friendly and clean. I travel to Austin for business and always stay at this Homewood Suites. If you have not stayed at Homewood before, the food and BEER in the lobby each night are a huge added value. It is located by one of my favorite restaurants in Austin, Sam's Boat. If you are looking for something a little fancier, but still casual, I would suggest NorthbyNorthWest Brewery which is just around the corner.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business