All reviewsfront deskhome away from homebreakfast and dinnerbedroom suitefull size refrigeratorliving areacomplimentary breakfastbusiness tripthe breakfast areaa great place to stayeasy accessenjoyed my stayfitness centeryogurtjasonarboretumdomain
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Check in was rough. The front desk help could use some training in customer service.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
kgoldin, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

EHTREALESTATE, I appreciate the review of your recent experience at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service and have addressed these issues with our front desk staff. The next time you are in our area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Homewood Suites can vary from town to town but this one was the best that I have ever stayed in. They have the friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever had the pleasure to experience. This does not only include Hilton properties but any hotel I have ever stayed anywhere in the world. I have stayed in a lot of them, since I have been on the road all my carreer for over 40 years. They go out of their way to accommodate your every need and will bend over backwards to help you in any endeavor you have. From the front desk staff to the cleaning people, all have acheived all my requirements in a hotel stay. This Homewood Suites in Austin, TX is the very best. If you read this Conrad, these people deserve a raise for their excellent customer service. Great job Homewood Austin NW! Thanks!

Room Tip: Tom will take care of you.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
kgoldin, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

WOW! Lacaribe, thank you so much for writing one of our favorite reviews ever! It means so much to us that you appreciate the service we provide; we really love to make each and every guest feel like the Homewood Suites Austin NW is their second home. Tom is an irreplaceable member of the team and we are so fortunate to have him! I am so glad we were able to make your stay with us as great as possible and hope that we will have the pleasure of being able to provide you this service in the future. Again, thank you so very much for this amazing review and we can’t wait to have you back in Austin soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Instead of staying within walking distance of SXSW this year, I ended up at Homewood Suites NW (stayed at Four Seasons for the last two SXSW conferences). Turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

Short answer: For the price, this is a great hotel, and the staff is amazing. 5-star service without the extra cost.

Pros:

Free wi-fi (this is such a refreshing change of pace, especially for business travelers).

Staff consistently, absolutely awesome. All of them, but Tom and Esther in particular helped me out more than once. Went out of their way to help SXSW guests overcome the challenges of being far from convention center. Even used their own van to ship guests downtown when the official SXSW shuttle service, R&R, wasn't coming by as often as they said they would.

And even though they were fully booked on my departure date, they provided a late checkout, and when the main cab company in Austin, Yellow Cab, was totally unreachable, the staff found additional services to help guests get around Austin.

Free Wi-Fi. Reliable, too.

Breakfast included (nice!), and they have a small shop with snacks, sweets, drinks, frozen foods, etc. available 24 hours a day (also nice in a pinch if you find yourself arriving back at your room at 2am and in need of a late-night snack - not uncommon for SXSW).

Happy hour available during the week, but I was never back in time to check it out.

Rooms were clean, nicely decorated, and flexible when it comes to working (outer room has table with power plugs right next to it at waist height (not a foot off the floor), extra chairs, sofa, etc., and plenty of room to rearrange things if you need to). The bathroom in my room was spacious.

Did I mention free wi-fi?

Cons:

No room service and not much within walking distance, but since the rooms have kitchenettes, that may not be an issue. Sam's Boat restaurant right next door, though, so you aren't totally out of luck.

Overall, the decor is great, but once in a while, you'll find something out of place (the shelf in my closet had been repaired but in a makeshift kind of way (walls not repainted, etc.)).

Had a first-floor interior room facing the courtyard. Got some noise in the morning a few days which prevented me from sleeping as late as I preferred.

***

Never used the pool.

I was really worried about the extra hassle of being away from the convention center, but my interactions with the staff always eased the stress of navigating the chaos of SXSW.

Room Tip: Since this is a courtyard layout, with interior rooms facing the pool area, you may want to request an exterior room (got some (relatively) early morning noise one day from kids playing in the courtyard). Avoid the first-floor interior rooms if possible.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank hosaka
kgoldin, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Hosaka, thank you so much for taking the time to give a really thought out review of the Homewood Suites Austin NW/Arboretum! I am glad you had such a good experience with the staff and service. We really strive to create a pleasant experience for at the hotel and with the chaos of SXSW we were just trying to help out the best ways we can. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our amenities such as the internet and breakfast. Hopefully next time you come you will be able to check out our happy hour! I apologize that you were woken up early due to noise. Next time you stay with us just make a request to stay in a quiet area of the hotel and we will do everything we can to accommodate this request. Overall, I am glad we were able to ease the stress of SXSW and hope you enjoyed the festival. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Austin!

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Overall nice stay. Initially very hard to find especially at night. GPS wouldn't recognize address. Staff fantastic. Lovely area. Several items in room broken. Light fixture on wall in bedroom, closet doors, and towel rack in bathroom. Claire exceptional service provider. Son loved basketball court. Pool water too cold.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Hello yeartotravel. We really appreciate taking some time to write us a review and I am glad that overall you have a nice stay. I am sorry that you had a little trouble finding us! I don’t know why GPS’s have such a hard time picking up our address, but we have discovered that the GPS finds our sister property the Hampton Inn; they have the same parking lot as us but a different street address (3908 W. Braker Lane. Austin, TX 78759). I am glad you had great interaction with the staff as we are constantly striving to make sure your stay is as pleasant and comfortable as possible. While our pool isn’t heated, the heat in Austin certainly helps most of the year. If you ever come to stay with us in late spring, in summer or in the early fall you will be able to enjoy the water as a warmer temperature! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Austin!

Reviewed January 29, 2012

My first time in Austin was made so much easier by the staff and experience at the Homewood Suites. Very convenient location to travel to the office, and just as great when exploring in the evenings. Taxi to downtown is reasonable and Sams Boat just a 2 minute walk. When I'm next in Austin I will be staying here again. Just one niggle, would be nice to have a bar in the hotel for those evenings when you just don't want to venture far!

• Stayed: January 2012
kgoldin, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Hello VXRJay and thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Austin NW/Arboretum. We are pleased that you liked our hotel and found our location to be centrally located to businesses and leisure activities alike. I am sorry that we do not have a bar in the hotel but am happy that we offer the Welcome Home reception Mondays-Thursdays, complete with beer and wine. Another restaurant you could try the next time you visit is the Roaring Fork; they have a great bar area and are less than a five minute walk from the hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip to Austin!