All reviews front desk home away from home breakfast and dinner bedroom suite full size refrigerator living area complimentary breakfast business trip the breakfast area a great place to stay easy access enjoyed my stay fitness center yogurt jason arboretum domain
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I stayed on the 4th floor at Homewood-Arboretum, and all the doors showed non-smoking icons. There's even a notice by the downstairs door that there's a city ordinance that this is supposed to be a non-smoking facility. However, every night of my two week stay, the entire hallway smelled of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank BandonAddict
kgoldin, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

Thank you for your recent review as we appreciate all feedback and take your comments very seriously into consideration. The city ordinance states that people are not allowed to smoke within 15 feet of the entrance to the building; we still maintain a few smoking rooms to please some of our guests. However, the hallway you were in should not have been smoky. Luckily, we just purchased a new machine that quickly and efficiently removes any odor, including cigarette smoke, from areas within the building and thus we will no longer have the issue of bad smells. I apologize that your experience was not amazing and will be reaching out to you to make this right.

Reviewed December 10, 2010

I recently stayed here and everything was wonderful. This hotel is in a great location and it was very quiet. There is a separate living room area from the bedroom. It was nice to have a kitchen with all modern appliances. The beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was great! It provided a variety of items i.e. waffles, eggs, cereal etc... I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank VoyagerTourist
Reviewed November 15, 2010

My wife and my 7 month old son reserved a non-smoking suite 3 weeks prior to arrival. When we did arrive, we were informed that no non-smoking suites were available, and they offered us a single room in the Hampton Inn next door. I told them this was unacceptable, but was informed that reservations are "NEVER" guaranteed !.....sounds like a Seinfeld episode..no apologies whatsoever, just a good luck wish. When I went back to the car to inform my wife, another couple getting into their car overheard our conversation and informed us they went through the same hassle (they stayed at the Hampton Inn for 2 nights and then were found a room at Homewood). I am a long standing customer of Hilton, but will definitely reconsider in the future. We did end up staying at the Homewood Suites in RoundRock and had a pleasant experience (except for some insects) at a very reasonable price.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank johnm1717

I apologize that our hotel was not able to provide you with the suite you had reserved with us or the service that we typically pride ourselves on. We are extremely thankful for your feedback, as some of the issues you mentioned were very helpful toward the improvement of our services. I will be in contact with you to discuss this further.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

Really nice hotel with comfortable beds. I was happy with everything.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Normally, I stay at full service higher end hotels like Marriott Resorts or the Westin but I decided to try to save a few bucks because travelling with young kids and having to go to a restaurant for every meal starts getting expensive. So this hotel with a full kitchen turned out to be a great place. The furnishings were much nicer than I expected and the kitchen was very modern, clean, and fully stocked with app. I also liked that they had a DVD player so after dinner, we tossed a bag of popcorn in tne mircowave, settled onto the couch and had a movie night, just like at home. Overall, value was great. No charge for parking, Internet, hot breakfast so when I checked out, there wasn't the array of additional charges I often see on the print out that hotels slip under the door in the early morning of departure.

Would come back again.