“Great value, good location, awesome staff”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South
Ranked #71 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Denver, United States
“Great value, good location, awesome staff”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Breakfast and dinner included. Very good quality almost new hotel. Beds comfortable. Great tv's in the room. Highly recommend. Location is a little tough getting on and off the highway but for Austin it is great. It's also set back from the highway which makes it quieter there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

b4ebeth, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our facility and most importantly, our staff! We value our guests and their opinions highly. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Thanks,
Elizabeth Jackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our stay started out smooth, but as the day/evening went on the problems grew to monster proportions. Seems at every turn we had problems...toilet, a/c, TV, ceiling fan. Just awful service and an uncomfortable hot, noisy night. I know things happen and I'm generally patient - but the staff just kept promising to respond and simply didn't. This was such an extreme case of poor service - and they still haven't responded as promised. I've been a Hilton Honors member for many years and have never had this kind of experience before.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
b4ebeth, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

TX
Reviewed March 31, 2013

the lobby looks great, the elevator was ok, my room was not what I expected. I know I cant compare the Candlewood suites to Homewood suites but I thought it would be on the level. The 1st and 3rd floor had a smell like it needed an air freshner or fresh air. The kitchen floor was sticky, the bedroom smelled like mildew, and the cover on the bed was torn. I had a hard time sleeping from inhaling the sour smell. I thought it was in my pillows but it seemed be in the room. I was disappointed because I have stayed at the Hilton and my room was less expensive but plush. I paid more money and got less. On the upside, the staff was friendly and the business center worked. Its ok if you know the quality of what your getting before hand.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
b4ebeth, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Not only did the front desk staff provide excellent customer service, the complementary breakfast and manager's reception in the evening made staying at the Homewood Suites an excellent value. This was my first stay with the chain--it won't be the last!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am always happy to share positive feedback with our staff. Most importantly, I am happy to hear that we have made a new fan of our brand! We look forward to having you with us on your next visit to Austin!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recommend this hotel. The overall stay was good, with smooth check-in and check-out. The free evening meal was good. The Hotel is not too far from downtown. The breakfast had a good variety of choices. Not the most exciting choice in Austin, but solid service, location, and amenities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
b4ebeth, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you, Jonathan, for your review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay! I hope that we will see you on your next visit to Austin. We look forward to having you.

Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It's a nice hotel, it's very quiet, the rooms have a nice layout. I was just extremely disappointed in the customer service. I complained about the rooms not being up to par with other Hilton brands. I did not walk away being satisfied.

Room Tip: Do not get room 408. The bed was uncomfortable, the bathroom stinks. There is a musty smell in the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Josh B
b4ebeth, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South. I regret that you were disappointed with your stay and the brand amenities, including the breakfast and bed. We have conversed via email regarding your issues and they have been shared with the appropriate departments. Your input as a guest is highly valued.

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights during a Circuit of Americas event. It is the usual Homewood suites layout. Breakfast were OK, nothing extraordinary, rooms are getting dated and need to be refreshed. We had three rooms (two 1-bedrooms and one 2-bedroom) on the third floor and each one of them smelled of BO and were in desperate need of air fresheners (which the front desk provided). Overall, just an OK stay, and I probably will not return. This location is definitely in the bottom 1/2 of the more than 50 Homewood suites/Hampton Inn's I have stayed at over the years.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank 4forme2
b4ebeth, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South. I regret that we did not exceed your expectations. We are constantly striving to improve our hotel, both in service and physical appearance. This year we will introduce a new bedding package, sofas, and breakfast seating area. I hope that you will consider staying with us in the future to have the opportunity to see our continual improvements.