Orangewood Inn & Suites Midtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
$249
$229
$161
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
$96
$282
$239
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$94
$661
$575
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
All reviewsspacious and comfortable roombad areamicrowave and mini fridgeshort stayhot breakfastupscale hotelwaffle makerfrontage roadbreakfast was includedconvenient locationa nice place to staygreat customer serviceyogurtfront desk staffeasy accessihhairdryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2011

This is the worst hotel I have every stayed at! We left after the first night as the entire hotel smelled horrible like mildew and old rotting basement, the deadbolt to our room didn’t work, the lights next to the bed were barley staying on the wall, the alarm clock wire was spliced and rigged into the outlet instead of plugged in right behind the bed (fire hazard), the toilet was not properly bolted down to the floor and moved every time you sat on it. Also the toilet had some note about rubber bands on it. All the hotel doors were dirty, had dents, and there were cigarette butts in the hall ways. Also the room only had two outlets and one was full and the other one was behind the bed. People do live at this hotel so all the fridges will most likely be taken. Honestly I wish we would have slept in my car than this hotel. At least it would have been safer.
I booked this hotel through Southwest.com and when I informed them about the place they were offering on their website they didn’t care. They told me to take it up with Ramada Limited, but when I check out of Ramada Limited they told me to take it up with Southwest. No one wanted to take responsibility for this poorly maintained hotel. I will never stay at another Ramada Limited nor will I never book a hotel on Southwest.com knowing the place they offer and how they treat their customers.

Room Tip: Don't book on southwest.com
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2011

At first when we got to the hotel I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay BUT, I noticed the room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel isn't brand new but for the price it was a good deal. We decided next time we visit Austin we're staying at the same hotel. We were very satisfied with our room.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank urmle
Reviewed March 16, 2011

The title says it all, the only nice area is the lobby and its not that great. Rooms are dirty, bathrooms are dirty, the only reason why I am here is because there are no rooms to be found.

If you ever stay here its because your cheap.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
austinramada, Public Relations Manager at Orangewood Inn & Suites Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We are so sorry for any inconveniences you experienced while staying with us, but please know we’ve been working very hard to renovate our property and ensure that every customer leaves satisfied. I apologize for not being able to fulfill your expectations at the time of your stay. We appreciate your feedback and welcome you to visit us in the future and see all the improvements we have made to our property thanks to your feedback.

Best Wishes,
A Norris

Reviewed October 19, 2010

The hotel is located on the east side of I-35, right off the service road. I was there for 1 night. I made the reservation 2 weeks prior to my stay and got a really good deal. You won't have any problems looking for parking space and it's free. My check in experience was smooth. When I first walked into my room it felt and smelled clean. They give you a coffee maker with free coffee. I did use their free WiFi and did not have any problems with it. The bathroom was also clean and it comes with outlets and hair dryer. The only thing negative was that sometimes you can here people through the walls, but it never bothered me and I was well rested when I woke up.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank manytrippin
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I reserved a room weeks in advance for a really good rate. I have stayed here a few times before, but never written a review. Just like everytime I stay here, the front desk is very friendly and helpful. This is an older hotel, but has been remodeled. The rooms are a good size, and always clean and smell good. The stair cases are a bit... well... kind of hard to describe, they are kind of cold and everything echos, but thats what the elevators are for. Like mentioned before, the parking lot is kind of strange, but that cant be changed. I will stay here everytime I come to Austin. The breakfest is nice, not skimpy like some other places. There is a computer for public use with internet, and free Wifi. The only thing that could make this a better place to stay, would be if there were mints on the pillows LOL. I would definitely recommend this place to family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family