“You didn't think I'd do it? ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn-Austin South

Americas Best Value Inn-Austin South
Ranked #164 of 197 Hotels in Austin
“You didn't think I'd do it? ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I booked this room at Priceline.Com, just for my girlfriend and I. The minute the front of hassle me about my walmart credit card, sent me to a room that would not open, argued with me about it and then finally sent me to a room with a full size bed to share between two full adults.
I honestly was more insulted than I was uncomfortable. The staff is very unfriendly.
I skipped breakfast and high tailed outta there.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tim R

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

went there for SXSW, booked several months in advance, it was very reasonable for the time we were there.
Nice people at the front desk, plenty of smiles.
Room was clean, weird color scheme, but it was clean.
Had a microwave, too, so that was a big plus.

For a regular size room, close to downtown, this place was a good deal, I would stay here again if I can get the same price.

Room Tip: stay in the rear of the building, this place is right on the freeway, so the front rooms are noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Adrian M
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

Hotel room was clean, Location was good, we however missed the turn when getting off the interstate and had to drive down and circle back around. All service people that we interacted with were nice. Breakfast was a buffet that had biscuits and gravy, potatoes, scrambled eggs, ham and sausage, variety of cereals, muffins and danish. There was a waffle making station, a beverage station and yougart and oatmeal were also available. You are limited to eating in the dining area. Room was clean, but it was somewhat small. Our view was the pool area and we took advantage of it with our two small children.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family