“Very comfortable, great service...”

SpringHill Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum
Ranked #112 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel two weekends in a row while my daughter was working in Austin. The hotel is conveniently located, clean, affordable... it was a great experience both visits. We found the space in the rooms to be great for the four of us, and the beds were quite comfortable. My children particularly enjoyed the bowl of lollipops just inside the front door and the breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stacey V
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed for just one night after a football game with my two kids.Very cool, large rooms and loved the breakfast. We enjoyed the cool tones in the decor, the front desk associates were friendly and efficient. Great stay.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Finster71
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Here on business, and it's certainly adequate. It's clean and comfortable, with a working internet connection that has sufficient capacity (unlike so many other hotels). The staff is friendly - I didn't have to ask for much, so they never had to even try to be helpful.

The rooms are large - not quite a "suite" in the sense that some others use the terms, but definitely a lot more than just a hotel room, too.

The location is convenient for me and for many firms in the north Austin area. It's close to The Domain shopping and dining area and many other services.

Light sleepers take note: this hotel is pretty close to a railroad, and it's active at night. Most folks won't have any problems, especially on the back side of the hotel, but those who sleep lightly may be disturbed by either the railroad or the freeway that's right in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Best on the back side of the hotel, away from the freeway and the railroad.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank blw_at_longwood
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This location meets our needs when we travel to visit family. We have stayed here on two trips so far. The hotel is bright & clean. The staff greeted us each time we returned after being out for the day. The breakfast bar is a nice bonus. Also, we had a very reasonable room rate. This location will be our home away from home as long our son & his family live in the area. We stayed at the South location when they lived on the South side of town and we felt the same way about that property.

Room Tip: Make your preferences known and the staff will make it happen
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed only two nights (Fri and Sat) while visiting Austin w/ my son. The hotel accomodated all of my on-line requests: 1) high floor (gave me top floor - 5th); 2) quiet side of hotel (almost to the end of the hall away from the highway); 3) Extra towels and pillows. The room was very large and comfortable. Had two dbl beds, living area w/ comfortable couch, and a very useful office desk and chair. The bathroom was nothing fancy but was clean and functional. The decor was not new, but it did not feel dated in the least bit - well maintained and clean. Location was very convenient to Mopac and US Hwy 183 so getting around town was easy. The neighborhood is business park-like w/ lots of trees and quiet. Sam's Boat is right next door. I did not go but it looked to be a hugely popular restaurant. Although not super-convenient to UT, I will stay here again on my next trip to bring my son back to school.

Room Tip: Vending and ice machines are near elevator. I'd stay away from room numbers 8 thru 11.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel was more than I expected for the price. I've got AAA so I ended up paying $200 total for 2 nights. When we got there, we found leftovers in our mini fridge which smelled, I called the front desk and they came right away to remove it from the room. 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa was definitely a plus. It's a perfect location if you mainly wanna hang out in north Austin, do some shopping at the Domain or Arboretum area. UT is only about 15-20 minutes away. Anything further south is kind of a drive, especially if there's traffic. But if you know your way around Austin, you'll be perfectly fine. The hotel was a little hard to find at night because its in a grounded area, lots of oak trees and several hotels in the same vicinity. If definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here while in town for a family get-together. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful and the free breakfast offered a better selection than many. The cozy sitting area of the suite made it ideal for gathering small groups.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family