“Great Location & Decent One Night Stay”

SpringHill Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum
Ranked #113 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The room & hotel overall were very clean and there was ample parking. The location was great. We spent most of our time at the Domain area which is right across the freeway less than a five minute drive away. There's nothing special about the property and it's fairly average but nice for a one-night stay. The free hot breakfast was a plus. Not a huge variety but enough to fill up on in the morning (waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, etc). Even though the hotel was supposedly renovated recently the rooms still look a bit dated and the ceilings are really low which were noticeable to me & my hubby b/c we are tall. The best thing about the room was the very comfortable bed - awesome!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel itself is just your average Springhill Suites. It is in a good location and the rooms are fresh and comfortable. The breakfast is actually quite good and the breakfast staff attentive. I did note that my Platinum Premier status request for a King was not met - and the "excuse" was "we were full tonight" When i called down to the front desk. What was interesting was that my colleague who is only an occasional traveler was given a king and the parking lot was half empty (as was breakfast the next morning). I fund this disingenuous and it left a sour taste in my mouth.

I raised the question again in the morning and was met with a blank stare a shrug and the same excuse. Not the way to treat your most loyal members.

Would I return, if there was not another option in the area, yes. However, I will check for that other option first.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Most of the Springhill suites are fairly the same – but this one if completed in their renovation and is extra spacious. Check in was easy. Since I came in extra late, my dinner of a local beer and mac & cheese served fine. The room was clean. Breakfast was the standard fair of offerings (waffles, egg, granola, oatmeal, pastries, yogurt, etc).

Room Tip: Ask for an even numbered room. I got an odd numbered room and was facing the freeway. Enough said.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I am not sure about the age of the hotel, but it seemed fairly new. The rooms were nice, clean and up to date. We had a flat screen TV, but the kids were unable to plug in the XBOX (Yeahhhh). Free wifi, indoor pool and free breakfast. The breakfast was just ok. We were about 15 mins away from downtown. We happened to be there during the big music festival SXSW so there was a bit of traffic. The front desk staff was very helpful. Overall I would stay here again with the family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank flygrll
Reviewed February 25, 2013

They were having problems with plumbing on the first floor I was assigned but they were very nice to move me to another floor. That room was very noisy as it is busy to a major highway. Again, the staff were very gracious and moved me. The last room was nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel was overall excellent. It is true that it is hard to find. We arrived in the evening so it was difficult to find. We had to stop and ask for directions from other hotels near by. The rooms were clean and staff was nice. The beds are comfortable with plenty of pillows. Breakfast had a great selection. (Hot eggs, sausage, bagels, hot waffles, fruit, cereal, coffee, tea, & juice) My only disappointment was that we rented a suite, I thought the living room would be separate from the bedroom. It was not. We had two 11 yr olds with us and it would have been nice to close a door to the bedroom. Our overall stay was great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SoftballMom07
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel delivers as most Springhill Suites - roomy suite-like space. Television is super clear HD, beds very comfortable, and rest of room clean. Breakfast area a little cramped, but food offerings decent. Computer/business area in the breakfast zone, so don't try to work there in the morning hours. Staff was very courteous and friendly, and area was quiet. 5 minute drive to the Domain shopping area and restaurants, although there's a Sam's Boat directly adjacent. One drawback is very difficult to find by map and get there by car when coming from the south; coming from the north, it's easy; so pay careful attention to directions when driving there for the first time.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the 'back' of the hotel; will overlook a quiet area, composed of an office...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family