“Undergoing Renovations...”

Ranked #110 of 203 Hotels in Austin
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
“Undergoing Renovations...”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for my 2 day trip to Austin.
The hotel is undergoing some renovations, so lobby was dirty and the front desk was literally a desk with the countertop dirty from the maintenance jobs being done.
But I must state, that I didn't hear a single noise from the crews working at the hotel.
My room was like new, just had been refurbished, so everything was pretty good, and the bed...exceptional!
The day I wanted to use the pool, it was closed :-(
Breakfast...typical.
Staff...could be better, specially when u try and ask them about directions or nearby attractions.
SO Why rate it as average?
I''m giving it the benefit if doubt with all the renovations taking place and besides, my room was Awesome!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I recently stayed here for work and felt this hotel is a potential 5 rating for business or personal trip.

The lobby was under construction, but the rooms were finished. Even with the dust, the employees and contractors were very hospitable.

There's free parking and a satisfactory breakfast. If the distance from downtown is fine for you, and expectations are not for the Ritz, this on my personal top 5 in Austin.

• Stayed October 2011
San Francisco,Ca
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Be aware they are doing some work, rather slowly, as well. The entrance was being worked on while we were there, causing a little detour and the computers were unhooked. Breakfast was a notch better than most Springhills. Tough to get to, have to take a giant u-turn when coming from the south. Quiet, kind of isolated, does have some possibilites.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from wherever they are working.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed here during the weekend of September 24, 2011, and was very satisfied with my stay. The hotel is currently undergoing renovations, which was made quite clear on their corporate website. They appear to be redoing rooms from the top-level down, and I was assigned a newly renovated room. It had the sleek, modern design you see in most current hotels...comfy bed, white linens, bright colors, large flat-screen TV. The layout was a bit strange, with LOTS of empty space in the entryway leading back to the sleeping area, but this may have been because it was clearly a handicap-accessible room. I know technically it was a suite because it had a sofa-bed, but it would not have been ideal for those looking to sleep multiple acquaintances to one room...the sofa sat right across from the bed in one large space. I should point out that during their renovation phase, there was quite a bit of grinding and hammering during the day, but this was to be expected. The noise always took place during reasonable hours...maybe 10-4. I kept odd hours, and always left the do not disturb on the door; this was respected throughout my 3 day stay, a fact I greatly appreciate.

All in all, I'd recommend this hotel for its "bang for the buck." Just note that if you are very particular about staying away from hotels being renovated, you'll want to check with the property about the status of this ongoing work. It didn't bother me in the slightest, as I was well aware of it and know that you can often get a good deal on a nice property if you don't mind being a bit accepting of daytime noise.

Room Tip: See above...rooms appear to be undergoing renovation from the top to the bottom.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Sherman, TX
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I arrived here late Wedneday night 9/7/11 for what was supposed to be a 3 night stay. I immediately saw the bathroom had urine stains on and around the toilet, and the tub had some type of black residue built up (I tried to scrub it off).

I've never stayed in a Springhill Suites before, so I didn't know what to expect regarding the room layout. Let me just say it was unnerving not being able to see the front half of the room (I had a small child with me). There were no closets and the fridge was sandwiched in a hard to reach location.

I hate to be the kind of person who calls and complains, so I politely called the front desk and told them I wouldn't be staying. I will say that the person who answered the phone was extremely nice and even offered to help me find another place to stay (which I declined).

Although I personally wasn't pleased with the room, I have a hard time suggesting that people don't go here because the staff was excellent and my experience might have been an isolated issue.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Jacob L
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Overall - very good. What I have come to expect from Marriott.

Fitness room has 2 treadmills, 1 eliptical.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Boulder, CO
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The Spring Hill Suites in NW Austin is a good property and looks fairly new. It is a standard Spring Hill Suites with everything that you would expect from this brand.

The most difficult part of this hotel is getting to the property, it is located off of a one-way frontage road and you have to go a couple of miles out of your way to get back to the hotel if you are going the wrong way. There is a way to enter off a side street and wind through a couple of other area hotel parking lots, but you really have to explore to find that access point.

The rooms and hotel were clean, the breakfast was as expected and was always well stocked and never too crowded to find a place to sit and eat.

If we are back in this area and need a hotel in NW Austin, the Spring Hill Suites would be on our list of places to stay in the future.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family