“Good Value, nice clean place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum

Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum
Ranked #89 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Dallas
“Good Value, nice clean place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2009

Typically stay downtown at the Radisson but we wanted a cheaper option in a different area of Austin. The hotel set-up is kind of trendy for this budget hotel. Everything was clean, breakfast was good, and in a nice safe area. If you are looking for a place to sleep while having a great time in Austin, this is a nice option in the Arboretum area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

Stayed here for four nights during a family wedding. Front desk was very friendly, and Scott, the general manager, greeted us personally and made sure our visit went well. Rooms are very large (all apparently include a sofa-sleeper in addition to a bed). Largest flat-screen TVs I have ever seen in hotel room. Housekeeping was prompt and accommodating. The price was very reasonable. Great restaurants and shopping across the street or within a few blocks.
Cons:
This hotel is hard to find if you're unfamiliar with Austin.-- on the lower right side of an inverted triangle made up of Hwy 360, Mopac and 183.
Breakfast is average for continental; would be nice to have some protein such as boiled eggs, etc.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

The staff at Hyatt Place Arboretum is attentive, professional and personal. I am there with dozens of business associates and clients on a weekly basis, and the staff exceeds our expectations. Whether it is the warm welcome at the front desk, or the lobby/lounge environment, or the convenience to order food from a person or a kiosk, or perceiving our needs before we bring our needs to their attention, or responding to our needs in a prompt and professional manner; I give them an A+, period.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

As always the stay here at the Arboretum location was great. We choose Hyatt Place for our travels due to the price, modern style, and great with a little one. The pool area was great, no towels though so bring yours down from the room. This hotel location was different from others with a walk in shower rather than a tub which we liked even more. We managed to get this hotel for $55 with tax on Priceline so that made this deal even better.

Located Nearby

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank pvilletraveler
SouthTexasLopez
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2009

If you're looking for comfort, style, sophistication and outstanding commitment to service Hyatt Place Arboritum is for you. It's centrally located to conference sites, shopping centers, fine dining and comfort food restaruants. The vision that the management team shares with it's employees is evident and completely committed to customer satisfaction. Each room has ample room for rest and relaxation, a huge plasma television and plush bedding. Any time I have a trip to Austin (no matter where in Austin), I make sure to book at the Hyatt Place Arboritum!

Pampa, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed the 5 nights I stayed at the Hyatt Place! The staff was great and very helpful. My colleagues and I were impressed that the hotel manager personally checked to see that we were satisfied with our rooms and service. I highly recommend this hotel!

Detroit, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2009

I recently stayed for one night on June 16th, 2009 in this hotel. It was my first time using Hyatt Place and I must say I was greatly pleased! I checked in late at night (around 12am) and was delighted that the gentleman working informed me that I was able to order food from their kitchen which is open 24 hours! I can't speak for all of their food items, but the personal pan pizza I had was delicious! The lobby is beautiful and feels more like a cafe than a normal hotel, with lots of seating, contemporary decor, a bakery case right there next to the front desk (with lots of tempting treats!) and even a starbucks bar!!

The room was fantastic! I didn't expect such a sizeable space. The bed was extra comfy, but I think the best part was the 42" swivel TV and full size sofa!

Check out was fast, staff was very friendly. The only thing that has room for improvement from my experience here is the breakfast. The breakfast area is very nice but a bit crowded. It resembles a home kitchen, which is nice, but bad when there are too many people around. The breakfast items could have been better, but it's free so I guess that's why. They also offer hot breakfast plates that you can order from their kitchen if you feel like paying for breakfast. Not sure what those taste like.

Lovely hotel! I will definitely start using Hyatt Place for all my business travel!