“My stay there was stress free and the next best thing to being at home!”

Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum
Ranked #113 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed the 5 nights I stayed at the Hyatt Place! The staff was great and very helpful. My colleagues and I were impressed that the hotel manager personally checked to see that we were satisfied with our rooms and service. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed July 14, 2009

I recently stayed for one night on June 16th, 2009 in this hotel. It was my first time using Hyatt Place and I must say I was greatly pleased! I checked in late at night (around 12am) and was delighted that the gentleman working informed me that I was able to order food from their kitchen which is open 24 hours! I can't speak for all of their food items, but the personal pan pizza I had was delicious! The lobby is beautiful and feels more like a cafe than a normal hotel, with lots of seating, contemporary decor, a bakery case right there next to the front desk (with lots of tempting treats!) and even a starbucks bar!!

The room was fantastic! I didn't expect such a sizeable space. The bed was extra comfy, but I think the best part was the 42" swivel TV and full size sofa!

Check out was fast, staff was very friendly. The only thing that has room for improvement from my experience here is the breakfast. The breakfast area is very nice but a bit crowded. It resembles a home kitchen, which is nice, but bad when there are too many people around. The breakfast items could have been better, but it's free so I guess that's why. They also offer hot breakfast plates that you can order from their kitchen if you feel like paying for breakfast. Not sure what those taste like.

Lovely hotel! I will definitely start using Hyatt Place for all my business travel!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We went to Austin for a 4th of July get away. I'm mostly a business traveler staying in upper tier hotels as a rule because of the meetings I attend. It just works out that way. I've stayed in this Hyatt Place a few times and every time I'm there I find the staff helpful and willing to do anything you need to make your stay comfortable.

I interacted with a number of the different staff members on this trip and found them all to be helpful and courteous. I'm accustomed to that level of service in the higher end hotels but I think Hyatt hit a home run with the Hyatt Place concept in general. The have trained the staff to take care of their guests and I appreciate it.

Loved the location, the room was clean and I felt like the price I paid a great value.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Great hotel located right on MoPac by major shopping areas-Domain and Arboretum- also close to Downtown and UT. The cost is spectacular and includes free continental breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2009

This hotel was clean as a whistle. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful and friendly. Two computers available at all times, and the whole place is wireless! (WiFi--free)
Small but adequate outdoor pool to combat the heat of Austin. Rooms are HUGE, with efficient AC units which work well! Very adequate continental breakfast is included. I'd definitely stay there again if I wanted to be in that part of Austin.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2009

First visit and I'm sold.

Love the layout of the room.

The 42 inch plasma was awesome.

Look forward to trying other Hyatt Place's.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2009

We stay at this hotel for 2 nights. We checked in at the lobby and got our pass without any difficulty. However, there were neither eye contact nor greeting from the hotel staffs. They acted like nobodies were there except themselves. We could see they were having their own interaction. There were a guy and a lady working that day on 12/26 and 27. The unwelcoming feeling has last for 2 days. We had used hotel's computer at the lobby but have left a couple of papers there. We came and check with them within a couple of minutes but the staff said there were nothing left there. Believe it or not, we were sure the papers were there. There need more customer training.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)