“Service and maintenance problems.”

Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum
Ranked #113 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed July 9, 2012

There were loose tiles on the bathroom floor and a piece of counter top came off by the coffee station when I put my arm on it waiting for my coffee to finish. Also I know it is cricket season, but we were on the fourth floor and still had a couple in the rooms. There were a couple of stains on the couch that I think could have been removed. I felt non-welcomed by the staff and had the house keeping staff open my door twice before noon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

I want to thank you for taking the time to express your dissatisfaction, and I apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations, nor our standards. The challenges you experienced are of the type that I would have preferred to address personally with you while you were still our guest, so that we could have made it right for you. I encourage you to contact me personally, as I would be interested in discussing the situation further with you. We are constantly working to improve our service and housekeeping standards, which is something I discuss with the staff daily. I am sure that, if you were to give us another opportunity to impress you, you will be quite pleased with your next stay.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I met my friend at the hotel for a girls weekend getaway. The amenities were pleasant and it is a nice location for accessibility. The breakfast offered was a nice treat and there were plenty of options and it was kept clean. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. It's very rewarding to hear such positive comments regarding our new breakfast options. I'm glad you and your friend enjoyed your stay; although we are primarily a hotel for business travelers, clearly our amenities are well-suited for weekend leisure travelers as well. I look forward to your next stay; please feel free to introduce yourself to me so I can welcome you back!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

This hotel is convenient, clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and the breakfast options were far better than some of the earlier reviews report. I'll stay here again when I visit Austin.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your impressions of our property. I'm glad you enjoyed our new breakfast options. I hope that the next time you stay with us, you will introduce yourself to me so that I can personally welcome you back to Austin.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

What a nice hotel.Free wonderful breakfast,parking,and wi fi.
The rooms are very comfortable and are actually a suite large and well decorated.
We did not have an issue with the air.Room cooled off quickly even in the 100degree weather.
Staff were very pleasent and we even had free driver service to the new shopping center The Domain.
The hotel is right off a major highway and near many restaurants.
As travel agents we would certainly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Austin, as well as your clients.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Once again, I needed a place to stay in the Austin Arboretum area on short notice. I used a "hidden name" reservation service and ended up at the Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum. My room was a really, really good deal, and I would gladly have paid more.

The location is good, near 183, MoPac, and 360, and close to lots of businesses, shopping, and restaurants.

My check-in experience was excellent - quick, accurate, and friendly. My room was very nice, and looked to have been updated relatively recently, with everything in good condition. The layout is a little chopped up but it works, with a work area, a living room area with a sectional sofa, and a bed area. The bed was very comfortable and well appointed. The bathroom was a little small, and had only a shower (no tub). Rooms feature a very large flat screen TV with multiple easy-access connectivity options - if you have the cables, you can connect a computer or DVD player. WiFi is free and reasonably fast. Breakfast buffet is included and offers a good variety of hot and cold options. The hotel also has an outdoor pool (nice in the Texas heat) and a small workout room.

There are several hotels in this part of Austin, but I would not hesitate to return to the Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

I want to thank you for taking the time and effort to report your experience to us. It is very gratifying to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and to know that we are succeeding in pleasing our guests. I look forward to your next visit, and I hope you will introduce yourself to me so I can personally welcome you back. When making your next reservation, please keep in mind that our rooms with two double beds have a bathtub/shower combo, while our rooms with one king bed have a shower stall.

Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here two nights and upon my arrival there was no one to check me in. I waited for at least 10 minutes before I heard someone yell "be there in a minute". Wow! Not the best service by far.

• Stayed: May 2012
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

I want to thank you for submitting your comments. The experience you described does not meet our standards and is not the experience we want our guests to have. Of course, without knowing the specifics of date and time, we can not address this particular employee directly, and we would want to do so. I will, however, be sure to address all of our Hosts to ensure that all of our guests are greeted appropriately and with the gratitude they deserve. I also hope that you will give us another chance to meet, or exceed, your expectations; and I encourage you to contact me directly to arrange a future stay. As always, we appreciate your business, and do hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Attended a wedding in Austin and the guest stayed here. Hotel was very nice, rooms were well appointed for the cost. You do need your card to regulate the temperature. My only complaint was the breakfast, the parents of the bride, offered breakfast to the overnight guests, it was not good, egg mcmuffins were cold, mother of the bride had to keep asking hotel staff for more beverages.
Positives- across the highway from shopping center.

Room Tip: Convenient
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. It's very gratifying to me that you enjoyed your stay, for the most part. It seems that your stay was during the first week of our brand-new Hyatt a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast. This new breakfast offering was implemented by Hyatt at the end of May, and includes hot skillet sandwiches in addition to the Continental buffet offerings we've had previously. I apologize that there were kinks in the delivery of these new items; there may certainly have been a learning curve for our staff in preparing them. We haven't had any subsequent complaints about the breakfast service, and many of our repeat guests seem to appreciate the new options. I hope that you will return and experience the Kitchen Skillet the way it is meant to be. We appreciate your business and your feedback.