“Exactly what you need for business travel”

Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum
Ranked #92 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Denver
“Exactly what you need for business travel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

This hotel is convenient, clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and the breakfast options were far better than some of the earlier reviews report. I'll stay here again when I visit Austin.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your impressions of our property. I'm glad you enjoyed our new breakfast options. I hope that the next time you stay with us, you will introduce yourself to me so that I can personally welcome you back to Austin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

What a nice hotel.Free wonderful breakfast,parking,and wi fi.
The rooms are very comfortable and are actually a suite large and well decorated.
We did not have an issue with the air.Room cooled off quickly even in the 100degree weather.
Staff were very pleasent and we even had free driver service to the new shopping center The Domain.
The hotel is right off a major highway and near many restaurants.
As travel agents we would certainly recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Austin, as well as your clients.
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Once again, I needed a place to stay in the Austin Arboretum area on short notice. I used a "hidden name" reservation service and ended up at the Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum. My room was a really, really good deal, and I would gladly have paid more.

The location is good, near 183, MoPac, and 360, and close to lots of businesses, shopping, and restaurants.

My check-in experience was excellent - quick, accurate, and friendly. My room was very nice, and looked to have been updated relatively recently, with everything in good condition. The layout is a little chopped up but it works, with a work area, a living room area with a sectional sofa, and a bed area. The bed was very comfortable and well appointed. The bathroom was a little small, and had only a shower (no tub). Rooms feature a very large flat screen TV with multiple easy-access connectivity options - if you have the cables, you can connect a computer or DVD player. WiFi is free and reasonably fast. Breakfast buffet is included and offers a good variety of hot and cold options. The hotel also has an outdoor pool (nice in the Texas heat) and a small workout room.

There are several hotels in this part of Austin, but I would not hesitate to return to the Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time and effort to report your experience to us. It is very gratifying to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and to know that we are succeeding in pleasing our guests. I look forward to your next visit, and I hope you will introduce yourself to me so I can personally welcome you back. When making your next reservation, please keep in mind that our rooms with two double beds have a bathtub/shower combo, while our rooms with one king bed have a shower stall.
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here two nights and upon my arrival there was no one to check me in. I waited for at least 10 minutes before I heard someone yell "be there in a minute". Wow! Not the best service by far.

• Stayed May 2012
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
I want to thank you for submitting your comments. The experience you described does not meet our standards and is not the experience we want our guests to have. Of course, without knowing the specifics of date and time, we can not address this particular employee directly, and we would want to do so. I will, however, be sure to address all of our Hosts to ensure that all of our guests are greeted appropriately and with the gratitude they deserve. I also hope that you will give us another chance to meet, or exceed, your expectations; and I encourage you to contact me directly to arrange a future stay. As always, we appreciate your business, and do hope to see you again.
Niagara Falls, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

Attended a wedding in Austin and the guest stayed here. Hotel was very nice, rooms were well appointed for the cost. You do need your card to regulate the temperature. My only complaint was the breakfast, the parents of the bride, offered breakfast to the overnight guests, it was not good, egg mcmuffins were cold, mother of the bride had to keep asking hotel staff for more beverages.
Positives- across the highway from shopping center.

Room Tip: Convenient
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. It's very gratifying to me that you enjoyed your stay, for the most part. It seems that your stay was during the first week of our brand-new Hyatt a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast. This new breakfast offering was implemented by Hyatt at the end of May, and includes hot skillet sandwiches in addition to the Continental buffet offerings we've had previously. I apologize that there were kinks in the delivery of these new items; there may certainly have been a learning curve for our staff in preparing them. We haven't had any subsequent complaints about the breakfast service, and many of our repeat guests seem to appreciate the new options. I hope that you will return and experience the Kitchen Skillet the way it is meant to be. We appreciate your business and your feedback.
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

I really like the layout of Hyatt Place rooms which I think makes up for a lot of minor problems. Another positive is the breakfast which has good choices available (waffles, pastries, mini egg mcmuffins, fruit, toast, cereal, etc). Also, the staff was very friendly. Now, the negatives: I could not check in early but it was graduation weekend and the hotel was full, the a/c requires a key card to lower the temperature from 75 degrees (my sister's was pulled by housekeeping when she left it in while she was out of the room), the pillows were hard, the bottom of the bathtub is rounded making it awkward to stand in it, the menu channel in 613 didn't work so I had no clue how to work the tv (and yes, I called to have it fixed but she couldn't fix it), the internet service kept dropping in 613, and finally there was no written manual in the room to tell you how everything worked or about the local area.

Room Tip: Room 208 is an extra large room. I believe this is because the second floor is where the handicappe...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to report your thoughts about your experience as our guest. I'm glad that you enjoyed the new Hyatt a.m. Skillet Breakfast, which was implemented by Hyatt in May. We have been getting positive reviews from almost everybody. Your comments about the eSaver energy conservation device and the television, as it turns out, are related. After the installation of these new thermostats, we did experience a few glitches in housekeeping procedures, which have since been corrected. In addition, the eSaver was originally intended to control the television as well (the 2nd-biggest consumer of electricity in the room after the A/C). However, we found that the device interfered with the connection between the television and the cable server. Therefore, we have removed the energy-saving component attached to the TV, leaving just the air conditioning controls, and that has solved the problem you experienced. As far as the information you sought in the room, we conform to the brand standards established by Hyatt for the Hyatt Place brand, and we do provide whatever local-area or room-amenity information you might need in the Gallery, where one of our Hosts is always happy to answer your questions. I hope that you will return to Hyatt Place and give us another chance to make an impression on you, especially now that some of the disappointments you experienced have been corrected.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

As a frequent traveler, I spend I lot of time in hotels and all I can say about this hotel is that it was very average. You need to place your card in the card holder in your room for the tv, a/c etc. to work so whenever you go out and come back, your room is at an uncomfortable temperature. I tried getting an extra card (which requires an ID to get, so if I locked my key in my room with my wallet then what do? That was a flawed system) I use my extra card to keep in the card holder so my ac would keep my room cold whenever I would step out for a few minutes and then when I came back to my room, the maid took my extra card. The maids come into your room even when you hang a no service sign, and when you actually want them to come, don't expect them to have actually serviced your room before 3 pm. There have beenultiple times I have gotten back at 3 in the afternoon and the maid hasn't even serviced my room yet. Don't expect to do laundry at this place because they don't have washers and dryers. There is an option for laundry services but their prices are done for each article of clothing ($4 for a pair of shorts, $5-6 for pants etc.) average people are not going to go for that, so you have to go to a laundry mat that is not close by either. The breakfasts were good, which was about my only positive experience at this hotel. Overall, my experience was average to subpar and I think I will stay at a different hotel next time I'm on business in Austin.

• Stayed May 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time and effort to give us your feedback on your experience at Hyatt Place Arboretum. In reading your review, I see five distinct issues that you raise, so let me address them each.

1) We have recently installed an energy saving device (eSaver) in each of our guest rooms that has proven effective in conserving energy and reducing the environmental impact of our hotel. This is a device which is somewhat ubiquitous in Europe, and is becoming more common in North American hotels, as well. I can certainly understand the inconvenience some travelers may experience as they become accustomed to this device. I'm sure you will be seeing such environmentally-friendly efforts more frequently when you travel in the future. The eSaver is designed to help the air conditioning perform more efficiently. Since this is a recent addition to our property, we did have some hiccups in our housekeeping procedures as they affected the device. We have since corrected those problems, and are no longer experiencing the kind of difficulties that you reported.

2) As a safety precaution we do not, nor will we ever, give out a key to an occupied guest room, to an unidentified individual. Although the comfort and convenience of our guests are high priorities for us, nothing is more important than their security.

3) A housekeeper entering a room for routine cleaning, when the Do Not Disturb sign is displayed, is a serious breach of that protection. Your report of that violation disturbs me greatly, and is a violation of our standards. I will certainly address this issue with our Houskeeping staff to ensure that this kind of transgression does not recur. I sincerely apologize for what must have been a shocking intrusion of your privacy.

4) We provide daily housekeeping services to all of our occupied rooms, starting with those rooms that have requested service at a particular time, continuing on to rooms that have been vacated that day and will be made available to new guests arriving that day, and also refreshing rooms that will be staying over that evening. We begin every day at 9am (a little later on Sundays), and clean rooms for 8 hours, finishing up at 5pm, a normal business day. If you request housekeeping service prior to 3pm, we would be very happy to accommodate your wishes.

5) Hyatt Place is a brand held to the strict standards of the Hyatt Hotels Corp., and is specifically designed for the business traveler. Generally speaking, business-oriented hotels have a very low demand for guest laundry facilities. Had we known at the time you requested your reservation, that this was an amenity that was important to you as a traveler, the reservations agent might have suggested another Hyatt brand that provides such amenities, such as Hyatt House, which is designed for extended stays. One such hotel is located 0.5 miles from our site. Our valet laundry service is provided by a third-party vendor, the prices for which are quite competitive with similar services at comparable hotels.

I'm glad you enjoyed our brand new a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast. I do regret that you were disappointed with your experience, and I would be happy to discuss with you the possibility of giving us another opportunity to meet or exceed your needs. I hope you will contact me in regards to that. Again, thank you for your time, and we appreciate your business.