“Nice place to stay before heading to AUS”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Airport
Ranked #108 of 203 Hotels in Austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 7, 2013

When I arrived I was promptly greeted and checked in. The staff was efficient and competent. They instructed me about the morning breakfast and elevator locations. Pleasant experience. I told them I was there to fly out early in the morning. They let me know about onsite parking and their shuttle service to the area that ran regularly. That really made it easy and worthwhile to stay there. The room was well done and the bed was comfortable. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Dallas
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was just an overnight trip, and I used some of my La Quinta reward points. The hotel is well-situated in Austin, close to everything, and was very clean. The size of the room was great, plenty of room to stretch out, work on papers, charge up phones and other devices, and not feel cramped and crowded. The staff we encountered at check-in and the breakfast buffet were super courteous and friendly. We picked a room on the top floor, to make sure there was no noise above us, but truthfully, the entire floor was quiet, and we got a great night's sleep. Another pet peeve of mine is the towels.......and I was happy to see that LaQuinta's were relatively new, and very plentiful. My wife was especially impressed with the bed, and it was extremely enjoyable, Thanks again for a great stay!

Room Tip: Top floor......no footsteps stomping around above you, during the night.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at this location and we decided to bring our bulldog along for the trip. There was no "pet fee" for his stay! The staff was very accommodating to both us & our pet. The only complaint that I do have, was that the carpets had stains which gave the appearance of a filthy room. We would stay here again for the fact that the staff was excellent! Keep up the great work guys & shampoo those carpets!!!

• Stayed April 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stay here, leave your car, small fee, beats the price of parking at the airport, and the staff is like family... What we like was the fact that the shuttle driver was there in the morning to take us to the airport, then when we got back, we gave La Quinta a call and they were right there to pick us up in about 10 min. Yes, when we leave town from Austin, we are staying here...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel was clean and inviting away from the airplane noise. The free shuttle from the airport was great and I didn't have to wait at all. The staff was always very helpful and even asked when I came down how things were in my room. I had an extra early flight the next morning that before the scheduled breakfast start time, however, they had it set up extra early to ensure early birds could eat as well. There are very few restaurants in walking distance to this hotel: denny's, waffle house, and a subway. They did offer to take me to within a 5 mile radius and come pick me up to other restaurants if I wanted. Not all La Quinta hotels are equal and this one is above the normal La Quinta.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business