“Below what we expected.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest at Mopac
Ranked #86 of 201 Hotels in Austin
A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, Texas, USA
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The people at the desk were not very friendly or helpful.

Room amenities were weak, styrofoam cups, no pastic or glass, just shampoo, no conditioner, lotion or shower cap.

Breakfast buffet offered only cheap forks and spoons, couldn't use the fork to eat my waffle and there were no knives.

Elevators were dirty. Rooms were clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Can't say it was a good stay. Got my truck broken into. Cost me 200.00 to get that repaired plus I had several items stolen from my truck.They have no cameras in the parking lot and apparently either no security or very poor security. So I would not recommend this location.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank annabel g
A TripAdvisor Member
Lamesa, Texas, USA
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. Location was good but not address not recognized by car's navigation system. Overall, a very clean, nice hotel with friendly, helpful staff.

The only drawbacks were that the hotel was full and the wait time on the two elevators sometimes got a little long. The other was the barking dog a few rooms down, but the hotel staff did its best to try to solve the problem.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Good: Clean and neatly kept.
Good sized room.
Fair prices.
Not sure why someone said it was not safe....there is nothing near by except a senior apartment
complex next door.

Bad: The staff are not very friendly or helpful.
Very odd location.
Difficult to get to.
Hard to find places to eat or shop nearby as the roads are laid out very weird.

Room Tip: Any room should be a good one in this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was in a desperate situation out of town, and stopped at this hotel after being attacked somewhere else. "Shyla" the hotel clerk misquoted me a price of 150$ a night and then called the police, even though I had nothing to drink, and was awaiting in my truck for a friend to come get myself and my autistic son... I had taken my night-time meds so I was driving no further than this hotel. I would never stay in anothe La Quinta again after the horrible experience with this staff member. Later I would call to ask her why she called the police, and she was VERY RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL STILL OVER THE PHONE TWO WEEKS LATER. Woman everywhere if you are in trouble, this is not the well lit place where you go expect decency or rescue, or humanity of any kind...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I like staying here. It is right on the mopac and near our daughter. It is a short drive to Lady Bird Lake and Barton Springs and the touristy downtown and Congress Avenue areas. I have always found it to be clean and quiet with a nice pool area and an adequate workout room. The staff have always been pleasant as well. I can also bring my pet to this property. I would recommend it especially if traveling with pets. :-). I would say it is one of the better La Quinta locations. Good value for the price. I wish I could give it a 3.5 but since I can't, I will round up to a 4.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin - Sunset Valley
Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest
Residence Inn Austin Southwest
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin South
Staybridge Suites Austin South
SpringHill Suites Austin South

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest at Mopac? Share your experiences!