New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Good Night's Sleep” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest at Mopac

La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest at Mopac
Ranked #89 of 200 Hotels in Austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was in a desperate situation out of town, and stopped at this hotel after being attacked somewhere else. "Shyla" the hotel clerk misquoted me a price of 150$ a night and then called the police, even though I had nothing to drink, and was awaiting in my truck for a friend to come get myself and my autistic son... I had taken my night-time meds so I was driving no further than this hotel. I would never stay in anothe La Quinta again after the horrible experience with this staff member. Later I would call to ask her why she called the police, and she was VERY RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL STILL OVER THE PHONE TWO WEEKS LATER. Woman everywhere if you are in trouble, this is not the well lit place where you go expect decency or rescue, or humanity of any kind...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I like staying here. It is right on the mopac and near our daughter. It is a short drive to Lady Bird Lake and Barton Springs and the touristy downtown and Congress Avenue areas. I have always found it to be clean and quiet with a nice pool area and an adequate workout room. The staff have always been pleasant as well. I can also bring my pet to this property. I would recommend it especially if traveling with pets. :-). I would say it is one of the better La Quinta locations. Good value for the price. I wish I could give it a 3.5 but since I can't, I will round up to a 4.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Nice place, great locale, but if you're using GPS to find it use 4424 Gaines Ranch Loop, Austin TX. Clean, friendly, these guys got their act together. Nice place, great locale, but if you're using GPS to find it use 4424 Gaines Ranch Loop, Austin TX. Clean, friendly, these guys got their act together. Nice place, great locale, but if you're using GPS to find it use 4424 Gaines Ranch Loop, Austin TX. Clean, friendly, these guys got their act together.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stay in April 2012. Great Property. Staff was friendly and the entire hotel was very clean. In my opinion the nicest LQ in Austin. It is just off Mopac, so getting to where you need to be is easy. We had our 65lb Golden Retriever with us and there were no issues. Anytime we head to Austin, we will be staying at this LQ. The rates were so much better then downtown and the property is nicer and newer.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed at La Quinta Southwest at Mopac in November 2012, had planned to stay a week for business but decided after two days to check out and change to another hotel. My main two options (up north) were full so picked a hotel some business travelers recommended. The place isn't terrible but it is poor. The state of repair is poor, it is in dire need of a refurbishment and the general ambiance draws me to remember Motels in the early 90ies. Cleanliness was okay, beds and general cleaning was okay but the bathroom left everything to be desired. Staff and service were very pleasant and efficient, I felt sorry for several of them what they had to work in but the place was not up to their service standard. At prices of $135-169 per night the place is heavily overpriced for what it is. There are other places downtown and up north, even southwest that are better for same price. I will not return.

Room Tip: Shop around, price is way too high, location is off the beat and no good restaurants nearby and you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Love this hotel. It is very clean and quiet. The beds are comfortable and the towels are ample. Staff is nice. I have stayed here 3 times and will continue to do so in the future. I wish they could come up with some healthier options for breakfast but they do a good job. They have waffles, boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, some bread options such as bagels, cereal. I don't consider this a deal breaker.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
South Austin
Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest at Mopac? Share your experiences!