See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am a Club Wyndham member and a Farm Bureau member--either membership should allow me a 20% discount on the room rate at any Wyndham hotel....but don't try to use it!

At check-in at the La Quinta at 300 E 11th Street, Austin TX, I was told I could not get a 20% discount, but she could not/would not tell me why.

I decided to call 1-800-753-3757, which should be La Quinta reservations and customer support. I had to call 4 times, kept getting hung up on, and could not get an answer.

SInce LaQuinta is a Wyndham property, I tried Wyndham Customer Service at 1-800-347-7559. Again, no help.

They would not/could not help me and had me call Customer Care at 1-800-642-4241. As I asked questions I was hung up on (disconnected) 3 different times. At least two of those instances, it was the same customer service representative.

I was then referred to the Wyndham Rewards Team at 1-866-996-7937. They also were unable to help.

I was then referred to the Timeshare Number at 1-800-251-8736. They were closed....SURPRISE!!!

If you own a Wyndham Property or have the option to stay at a Wyndham Hotel, run the other way as fast as you can!!!

Invest in Hilton, Hyatt, or Marriott as they at least know what customer service is all about and will talk to you. Wyndham will not talk to you, will hang up on you, and will leave you frustrated and upset.

Much better to go with a company who understands what customer service is about and is willing to stand behind their product. Wyndham is NOT that company in any way, shape, or form.

Swimming pool was locked even though it was a great day to sit by the pool....not what we expected.

Room tip: Don't even bother. Go somewhere else
Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
lq0907gm, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Austin Capitol / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I would love to be able to help you. I can't change your phone experiences, but, as a LaQuinta property, I
can certainly try to help make this right for you. I do not know who you are or what nights you were here. Please email me your information personally at LQ0907dos1@laquinta.com so that I can help. I hope to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your concerns.

Antoinette Harris
Sales Coordinator
LaQuinta Austin Capitol

Reviewed January 10, 2020

Had a doctors appointment for my little 2yr old place not that pleasant beds were to firm carpet look dirty ac would go from cold to heater on its on and tv did not work and last charging a parking fee like wow

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
lq0907gm, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Austin Capitol / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at LaQuinta Austin Capitol. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Your feedback is important to us, and I am very sorry that you had problems with the ac/heat unit and your television. We always send our Maintenace staff promptly to address these types of problems whenever informed. I am sorry that maintenance was not provided while you were here. Despite the challenges we face in maintaining an older property, we strive to provide a positive experience for all our guests. The carpets are cleaned regularly, and I am sorry that you felt they were dirty. I will address this with our staff to make sure that no rooms have been missed.

Unfortunately, parking is at a premium in the City of Austin and all hotels charge a fee for parking. LaQuinta is less than most at $25.00, plus tax. It is noted on our website, included in our confirmation letters, and on all third party sites. I am so sorry you missed for this trip and apologize for the unexpected expense. I can certainly sympathize how budgeting can be thrown off when unplanned fees are charged,

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and again, I am sorry that your stay was so disappointing. I hope your daughter is well, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed January 8, 2020

Overal stay was pleasurable. Location can’t be beat. Room was clean and check in and out was fast. Very polite staff. No need to use my vehicle since it’s so close to Capital and the famous 6th St. We weren’t disappointed.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2020

My friend and i took the bus from the airport to 13st and just walked to the place.Close to the Capitol and an easy walk down to 6th st where the fun things are. Glad we didn't have a car as it's expensive to park at any of the Hotels etc in Austin!! Room was very nice, quiet and a nice staff!! Pretty good breakfast too! Would stay again!

Room tip: Our room was just a few steps on the same level as the office.
Reviewed January 4, 2020

No enough parking at all, so had to stay way down the street. The bath tub didn’t drain. The WiFi was terrible so couldn’t access any of the apps on the smart tv. Also the regular tv kept going in and out of service. Super thin walls, so don’t even think about getting a good night sleep. Dust was everywhere, and the beds have stains on them.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
lq0907gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Austin Capitol / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at La Quinta Austin Capitol. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I am saddened to hear that your bath tub did not drain and our Wifi did not connect correctly. The stains on sheets and the dust in the room is unacceptable for our LaQuinta guests. Please, rest assured, that we will take appropriate measures with out team to prevent future occurrences. I also want to apologize that we did not have any parking available to valet your vehicle. I don't know if you contacted the front desk regarding these issues we most certainly would have attempted to resolve this for you. I am so sorry that you experienced a problem that we did not correct for you. La Quinta strives to meet your expectations and we appreciate you took the time to share your concerns, and again I am sincerely sorry that your stay was disappointing. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.