“Great convenient location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #157 of 197 Hotels in Austin
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great convenient location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very clean reasonable and convenient location . Employees are very helpful! This lovation is near a lot of entertaining spots! We used our rewards and got a great deal!!! They are very bike friendly too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I woke up expecting breakfast instead I felt like i was in a nursing home. The whole staff was ghetto and when we went to the fron desk to pay for our rooms, a niki manaj looking lady told us "y'all and yalls crazy money." When we were walking to our room one of the employees randomly said "just one person right". We told him he was rude and he just said we were being queens. The third day we were kicked out of the hotel for apparently being rude andwe were dominated and humiliated in front of everyone so we had to sleep in the car. Other than that it was a good stay I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2013

1 Thank chrism_27d
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is close to downtown, less than 10 min.
Considering the distance to downtown the price is relatively cheep.
The light stand has USB power adapter, it is very convenient.
The pool was open until late evening and the sound reaches to the room.
I could hear the shower noise in next rooms directly.
If you don't mind the noise, the room is good for the price.

Room Tip: The parking is valet only.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank miyahirodazu
College Station, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I know that this hotel is cheap and in a good location but DO NOT STAY HERE. I stayed at this hotel for a fun bachelorette weekend and almost everything went wrong. You can read the rest or just trust me that the price is not worth the free breakfast. It's just way to sketchy.

To start off, our cards never worked. We had to get replacement ones. Then on the first night, someone banged on all 3 of our doors at 3 am and called one of the rooms as well. Creepy? I know.

The next night we saw the security guard and asked him to watch our room because we were all girls and the night before scared us. So we go to sleep and wake up the next day with over $1000 worth of money and merchandise (a louis vuitton wallet). These items were in our room when we went to sleep which can only mean that someone came into our room during the night and took them.

SO....we go to the hotel manager and she tells us that she comps our room and all the charges. Well today I looked at my credit card and it was charged for $900. Some sort of joke. Of course I call the front desk and I have to leave a voicemail with the manager. I called customer service and filed a complaint. Then luckily my credit card company is amazing and they credited our account so La Quinta can suck it. Our lives were in danger this weekend and they couldn't figure out how to comp a room? Thank goodness for 6th street and pole dancing lessons or this weekend would have been a total bust.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. The room keys don't work so none of the rooms are good. I know this is true...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Crissy C

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

After reading the bad reviews for this hotel, I was afraid to stay here. I was meeting friends in Austin for "girls' night out", and this is the hotel where they booked their rooms. My husband travels weekly on business trips and spends over 175 nights per year in more upscale hotels, so I am able to stay at those nice hotels cost-free using his frequent-stay points. So, I was really dreading my stay at this LaQuinta. I slept in room 405 and was so pleased. The room was clean, updated, and the bed was excellent. I was so very pleasantly surprised. My only complaint is about the bad-tasting coffee provided in the hotel room. They need to provide a better brand. There is a Starbucks two blocks away, however. My friend stayed in room 134, and it smelled of mold and ashtrays. It was an ADA accessible room, and if I had been assigned that room, I would have been mad and asked to move. The hallways and elevators need much cleaning, painting and repairs, but that did not affect the quality of my sleep. The location is outstanding, and I will stay here again for my next inexpensive girls' night out. I will be requesting the same room again, just to make sure that I have another good experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am torn on this hotel, for the price it is in a good location, but the overall hotel is in major need of a renovation. The room was big, but with little amenities. The hotel has a strange layout, which causes all the outside noise from the hotel to sound as though it is in your room. The house keeping in one to be desired as well. Nice walking distance to downtown and is on the bus line.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends