La Quinta Inn Austin Capitol
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
$229
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$145
$178
InterContinental
$224
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$98
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$122
Omni Hotels
W Austin(Austin)
$329
$249
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 24, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
A TripAdvisor Member
Alice, Texas, USA
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I decided to have a weekend get a away with a couple of friends and the only thing I liked about this hotel was the location. I stay at La Quintas because I have always had an excellent stay with them (four different locations this year). However, I was surprisingly disappointed with "La Quinta Inn Austin Capitol". When we checked in we didnt get that "welcome" feeling from the employee. Our room was small, considering how much I paid for this room, the AC didnt work; when we went to the front desk to let them know that it wouldnt turn on, they told us a "trick" to make it work. This tells me that it is a known issue that hasnt been resolved. We tried using the socket and the light right beside it flickered off and on, the socket didnt work, and there was a hole by it. Frankly, I was embarrassed that we stayed here because our friends were obviously dubious about staying there. I had my sister come visit me in the morning and she had to valet park ($6.50, i believe) for the hour that she was there. We visited in the lobby and the sofas looked a little to "broke in". The only thing I liked was how close it was to sixth street. I am not a person who complains (the other La Quintas I stayed at, I gave them excellent (and deserving) reviews.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Keep in mind if you stay here that you can hear every person walking down the hallway. Both nights we were there, we got woken up by boisterous partiers going to their rooms at 2 or 3 in the morning. At one point, I peeked out to see where the noise was coming from and it was way down the hall, so the noise really carries.

The rate seemed kind of high for a La Quinta. This is Austin, not NYC.

Valets were great. Breakfast was very good for a continental. It was a great location, close to the Capitol and restaurants, etc. Beds and pillows were pretty good.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I recently traveled to Austin for a three-day convention. I booked online directly with La Quinta thinking that's a guaranteed, not-overbooked way to go about reserving a room in downtown Austin in a reasonably priced hotel within walking distance of the Austin Convention Center. I arrived at 9:30 pm to check in at the La Quinta Capitol location I booked, (and received multiple emails prior to the trip stating my 'confirmation number' and 'guaranteed reservation') and I was told checking in at this La Quinta that 'sometimes booking through online, the rooms are overbooked' and was sent to another La Quinta hotel in a much further part of town from the convention center. I was told to come back the next day 'around noon' to inquire about checking into the La Quinta location that I originally booked, but perhaps I wouldn't really be able to check in after 3 pm per hotel policy. Ugh. So I spent more time, headache and money than desired and had to commute to another La Quinta in a part of town I had no intention of hanging around for any longer than just sleeping there...then COMMUTING to the convention center in early-morning rush hour traffic that I had not intended to do. Plus my company is paying for all of this extra time, gas, mileage, convention center parking, etc., and in no way is this a fair practice of a hotel company to push patrons that early-booked online -- on THEIR website -- to a different hotel location than originally booked. TERRIBLE policy and won't be booking with a La Quinta ever again if I can avoid it.

The hotel staff did give me that first night free, but it in no way is it an excuse for bad, corporate policy. The hotel staff was friendly and as helpful as they could be at both La Quinta locations. My room in La Quinta Capitol was much nicer, quieter, and more secure (interior room) than my room at La Quinta Highland Mall (I did not sleep more than three hours at the Highland Mall location due to the next door restaurant's cleaning crew making ridiculous cleaning-the-vents and air compressor noises from 11 pm til about 3 am. I pumped up the air conditioner's fan and tugged pillows tight to my ears, but it still sounded like they were jack-hammering in my room for hours. I called the front desk at one point to inquire about the noise, and the staff person didn't know how to make them stop the noise and apologized and even offered me a different room that I could try to see if it was quieter...nice offer, and I don't ever complain (I'm just not the type), but I'm all settled into my second hotel of the night and in pjs...thanks but no thank you. I guess I could've called the police and complained about a noise ordinance infraction, but, wth did it really matter -- the night for me wasn't off to a good start in the first place since I didn't originally book at this La Quinta location.)

Room Tip: My interior room was quiet and clean -- probably way quieter than the exterior-entry rooms. I felt safe here (woman traveling alone on business), and there's always valet staff outside the hotel to keep an eye on things -- and they are really helpful with directions and other information.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I recently stayed here for Austin City Limits. It was a guys weekend so we weren't too picky. This isn't the nicest hotel around but it was within walking distance of 6th street and had a decent continental breakfast. The room was showing its age a little bit but we didn't mind.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends