La Quinta Inn Austin Capitol
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
  • Room Service
The Driskill(Austin)
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I needed a budget hotel in the downtown area for one night. The hotel is only ten minutes walk to great restaurants and entertainment and the $1 bus to the airport. The room was clean and comfortable with free wifi. Breakfast has boiled eggs, cereals, toast, juice, milk, etc. Very serviceable. At only $85, this deal simply can not be beat in this area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Service was excellent. Location - excellent. Cleanliness - excellent. Breakfast - excellent. Problems: No free parking. A/C system cycles off during the night, and it makes sleeping very difficult. Price for La Quinta is getting into the range of Hilton, Sheraton, & Marriott. It's a La Quinta. Overpriced for this location, eventhough the complaints are limited to those two items.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that do not hide the view of the city by setting back behind the elevator shaft wall.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
LQSALES, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn Austin Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Dear Marshstate,

I just wanted to take the time to personally thank you for writing a review for your recent visit to the La Quinta Inn Austin Capitol. Your opinion is very important to us. We are constantly striving to provide the best guest experiences and I truly thank you for your comments & experience.

Kind Regards,
Dennis Lancette

Reviewed August 21, 2011

The value of the hotel for the price $125+ do not match up.
The hotel rooms were average at best. Service was average. You have to pay mandatory valet to park at this hotel. The best part is the location--walking distance to the capitol building and restaurants, tourist attractions.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The price and location is what brought us here. For a hotel near the capitol, this was reasonable. But now I know why. This was a very basic room. Smelled like cigarettes, the only items in the bathroom were a tiny bar of soap and little container of shampoo that completely dried out our hair - not even conditioner. And forget about lotion. Nothing. The room was outside in an arrangement that looked like a jail compound. No nice hallways. The room next door had a loud barking dog. It did have wifi, which was nice. And you are 2 blocks from the Capitol and 5 blocks to 6th Street. Beds were lumpy.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank H B
LQSALES, Sales Coordinator at La Quinta Inn Austin Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

I apologize that your recent experienceat our hotel was not to your satisfaction. Our goal is to not only meet our guests expectations but to exceed them and to make your stay as pleasent and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Such feedback assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

We do know that you have many options when it comes to your lodging needs, however we do hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again. Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your previous stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Dennis Lancette
Sales Coordinator

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Leading up to the trip, I was a bit unsure of a La Quinta in the middle of downtown. However, when I finally did get there, I found that the staff was friendly (especially the valet staff), our rooms were always kept clean (we stayed for 4 nights), and it was close to everything where we wanted to go. 6th Street was a $5 cab ride, which was great because we did not want to deal with parking there on a weekend night.

If I had to pick on one thing, it would be the required valet parking at $12 a night. However, the valet guys were very gracious, friendly and always offered up directions every time we headed out. I didn't take advantage of it, but I heard there are actually free parking garages near the Capitol building, which was walking distance away. The only things that kept me from trying to find those garages were that we were getting in too late at night, and it was the middle of summer so during the day, it was over 100 degrees every day!

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It was a great bargain.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends