Residence Inn Austin Northwest/Arboretum
$219
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$142
$123
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$93
The Driskill(Austin)
$241
$219
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
$99
All reviewswhole foodssports courtfront deskfull kitchenlong term stayone bedroom suitegreat place to staythe entire staffthe sofa bedbreakfast areabusiness tripan extended stayoff the highwayhousekeeping staffup to dateliving arearooms are spacious
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Normally when traveling to austin we stay at the staybridge suites, so I was a little worried when they told us that we were staying at the residence inn but man they were excellent. When we checked in they had a dinner or a "Manager's Reception" as they call it. Enjoyed some burgers but enjoyed the free beer more. The room was comfortable, I liked having a TV in both the living room and bedroom part of the suite and the free wi-fi made spreading out in the room alot easier. Breakfast was good and the breakfast attendent lady was very nice. The front desk staff was very knowlageable and always gave really good directions. I also liked the basketball court on property and the fact that the front desk provides the equipment. Overall great stay, easy to get to all the freeways and a good amount of shopping near by. Coming back later in the year with family.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank bonehead1552
Reviewed March 22, 2010

From the incessant noise from the room above (just by their simple walking around), to no maids serviced our rooms, to the smaller than normal size RI (when compare to a dozen other RI around the country, to having NOT A SINGLE WINE OPENER in the entire hotel (had to go next door to a competitor to get the bottle opened), to the TV initially and consistently the NIntendo TV-based game cube not working (the kids wanted to play after a day of sightseeing) never operational despite 3 or 4 visits from maint to service/fix the issue, to pleasant but very abrupt front desk staff, to quite poor breakfast food selection/quality; this particular RI is not worth returning to. Also, quite a lame fitness center. Small, cramped, mediocre equipment. Pool was very cold and the jacuzzi wasn't even warm.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank TexasEyedoc2020
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Stayed a long weekend October 7-11 to watch the Longhorns football team win again! Picked this place because it had free internet, free buffet breakfast, full kitchen, right price, nice neighborhood, near freeway.

It had all those things as advertised. The breakfasts while we were there had oatmeal, bagels, muffins, make-your-own waffles, juices, fruit, dry cereal, eggs, potatoes, sausage and gravy or croissants. All that we tried was good. Nicely maintained room in which to eat. Much better than most "free breakfasts" that turn out to be sweet rolls, toast and juice. Pleasantly surprised.

The bed was not a Marriott bed. Or, at least, up to their usual standards. When my wife would move, so would I. We woke each other up getting up in the night. Unpleasantly surprised.

The room was serviced each day when we went out on the town. We don't think it was ever vacuumed, as a ring from a Gatorade bottle from a prior guest was under the coffee table for our whole 4-day visit. A dropped cranberry was in a similar area for 3 days. We got fresh towels, and the bed made. We would have felt better if the room had been vacuumed. Once?

The front desk staff was nice and friendly and provided us with a map of nearby restaurants. Good. Would have been better than good if we could have read the map - it had been copied in black and white so many times that it was mostly unreadable. Nice idea. Maybe someday they'll get the original and make a better copy to hand out.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael_Cary
Reviewed September 10, 2009

Not at all impressed. Facility is outdated, laundry room had two washers, two dryers which didn't work very well and were cramped in a room the size of a closet. Breakfast and evening happy hour were crappy. Poor selection for breakfast foods. Room was smelly with water stains in ceilings. One bedroom suites were crampy for a Residence Inn. Couldn't order movies on the bedroom TV, even though the option was advertised on the screen. Could hear people talking next door and footsteps all night from the room above. This hotel sits right next to a Courtyard, where there were loud UT fans partying until wee hours of the morning. Stayed here 7 days and will not stay here again. The biggest thing that put me off...the day I check in and peel back my sheets, I find hairs and wrinkled sheets. They had clearly not changed them from the people who were staying in the room before me. GROSS! I am a Marriott Platinum member and have stayed at over 30 different properties from around the world and found this location to be the worst. Only pro about this hotel, it's location.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank worldly78
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Room was big and very comfortable to work in. I didn't need kitchen but ended up putting fruit in it. Whole Foods right across the street. Hotel was a little hard to find, but worked out great. Location nice and quiet and not sitting on a major highway. Work space comfortable. Staff outstanding. I almost felt like I was staying in a bed and breakfast at times - every one was just so friendly..

Location great as there were many restaurants and stores nearby. I could have walked but it was over 100' outside. I usually stay at Homewoods, but I am now a convert to this brand. Good job wtih this one Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business