“Needs some cleaning”

Residence Inn Austin Northwest/Arboretum
Ranked #53 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I read nice reviews about this property and decided to stay there for a long weekend with my family. I was dissapointed with their housekeeping service - we found trash on the floor in both bedrooms from prior occupants that was never cleaned during our 3 night stay there! The cleaning service would make up our beds and wash dishes, but never cleaned floors! Otherwise, agree with prior reviews - hotel staff was very friendly, breakfast was nice, good location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
GMRIAustinArboretum, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear UsaMr11,

Thank you for the review! We are very sorry to hear that we didn’t exceed your expectations during your stay with us and I would love a chance to speak with you in an effort to make this right! I will tell you that we used your experience as a training piece for our housekeeping staff as this should have not happen and will not happen again! We are glad to here that you thought our staff was friendly, the breakfast was nice and our hotel is in a good location! Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel, 512-502-8200. I look forward to speaking with you!

At your service,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We loved this hotel and the staff is soooo friendly.
Here is our review based on our stay:
- breakfast was great if you want to fill up and then eat a lighter lunch which worked great for our schedule
- you can swim at the indoor pool at the courtyard next door!
- rooms are nice and clean
- close to anything you would like to eat it - you can find it all in this area
- I love it when the staff acts like they are happy to see you and this hotel delivers
- my mom lived here while her home was being repaired and the staff treated her like family, actually they were better than (some) family!
- my kids loved the sport court and played basketball and tennis there

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Selah-in-Texas,

We can’t thank you enough for such a great review and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers looking to stay with us! We strive to ensure that every staff member that our guests come in contact with is well trained and of course, super super friendly! Thanks again for stopping by and should you ever need any assistance for you or for your family, we would be delighted to host them at our hotel!

Have a great day!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Nice place with friendly staff. We had a large family group here in a number of rooms. Everything was clean. They were very accommodating to our group. A real full breakfast. Use of the indoor pool at the Courtyard next door was an added plus. good area with groceries, restaurants, shopping and movies within walking distance. Highway can be noisy, but you are in the city, so not unexpected. The hotel seemed to be doing quite a bit of fix up while we were there to keep things in shape. Only complaint was they had only queen beds...not sure if they even have any kinds. All of our rooms had queens, and I really like a little more space. Convenient location to UT. Not right near, but easy to get to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on any side except the front that faces a major roadway,

Dear BuddyRoanoke,

What a fantastic review! We are so glad to here that we were able to be very accommodating for you and your family group during your stay with us! We are also glad to hear that everything went well during your stay! A ton of guests love our location because we are in close proximity to restaurants, shopping, grocery stores and a movie theater and we were glad you guys enjoyed this! We can’t wait to see you in the near future!

Best,

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I've traveled extensively over the years and this has been one of the best experiences. The staff was always curtious, the breakfast was fresh and hot with a wide varity to satisfy everyone, the rooms were comfortable and the maid service was excellant. I will be visiting Austin frequently over the next several months and plan to stay at this Residence Inn. Thanks for the great weekend!!

Room Tip: We were here for a family event and everyone's room was great.

Dear Bob R,

Thank you so much for your review! Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again next time you visit Austin.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We recently stayed at the Residence Inn Arboretum in Austin, TX.

Two issues arose during our stay and the staff at the hotel resolved both issues in an extremely efficient and expeditious manner. All of the staff we encountered at this Marriott were exceptional and we will definitely stay at this Residence Inn again!! Such a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Try not to take a room on the first floor by the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
GMRIAustinArboretum, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear SaraandBob,

We wanted to thank you for taking time out of your day to share with us comments about your stay! We ensure that our team is well trained when they encounter a problem with special attention to making sure our guests feel at ease, comfortable and most importantly, satisfied during their entire stay and it makes us feel great when we hear that we accomplished this with you!! Should you ever need anything at all, we would be delighted to assist. Thanks again and have a great rest of your day!

Cheers,

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed here for 3 weeks on business with my dog. I highly recommend this hotel if you have a dog. This hotel is the true definition of Residence Inn. It's located in a commercial area, but it was far enough off the freeway and surrounded by lots of mature trees that it felt less commercial and more like a neighborhood. It felt safe.

My room was soundproof except the noise coming under the door. Had a next door neighbor that blared his TV all day every day. I could hear it plain as day in the hallway - I couldn't hear it in my room. The hotel is in the process of renovating. Rooms are partially updated. My studio room wasn't terribly old feeling, and the furniture is the same new furniture I've seen at new Residence Inns. The room had a mild musty smell, which I've read on other reviews. I couldn't even begin to guess why, but it wasn't knocking me over when I entered the room and was tolerable for me.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was average when compared to other Residence Inns. The evening light meals were just OK, but I still ate it every now and again. I enjoyed the warm cookies they offer in the evenings.

Reasons your DOG will love this place:
Doggie cookie jar at the front desk. Lots of sidewalks everywhere to walk your dog around outside. Very comfortable walks since there is not heavy traffic whizzing by you. The center of the hotel has a small fenced off area to let your dog off leash. On the weekends, I went a few miles south to Lady Bird Lake with my dog. They have an off leash dog area by the Auditorium where your dog can swim and run. The trails around Lady Bird Lake are fantastic as well...this is a true dog paradise. There are dogs everywhere, and it gets quite busy on the weekends but totatlly worth it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Hingy7,

We appreciate you and can’t thank you enough for your kind words regarding your stay! We can’t wait to welcome you back to our hotel and if we can ever be of assistance, please consider us at your service(512)502-8200. I wanted to mention that our owners certainly recognize that we are a bit older compared to other Residence Inns and we are slotted to have a renovation coming in December of this year(2013)! I’m sure your dog would love to come visit us again too ;). Have a wonderful day and thanks again for stopping by!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the Residence Inn for two days last weekend - on business in Austin. The other reviews on this property are in total pretty much right on. I had a good stay. The property is clean. The staff is friendly. This is an older property so the walls are thin. Breakfast is not to write home about. But the property is fairly well located.

One suggested strategy. You can walk to the Whole Foods from the Residence Inn. Eating healthy - especially when away from home is especially important to me. So I would go over to Whole Foods and pick up enough to eat in room for two days. My room had a small fridge etc., so that also saves on not having to pay for meals out.

The Starbucks is also within a short drive (less than 5 minutes). All in all I would stay there again and feel pretty good about it. Room price @ $139 Priceline was also reasonable and of course that makes a big difference.

Room Tip: First floor is the way to go in this property.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GMRIAustinArboretum, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Deal Kim K,

Thank you for your review!! We certainly appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and our property being clean!! Our hotel mission is to be clean and friendly and I’m glad that we achieved this during your experience with us. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!

Best,