“GREAT PLACE” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #74 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Beverly, Massachusetts
“GREAT PLACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I recently returned home from Austin and stayed at Residence Inn Austin Northwest/Arboretum. Everyone at that hotel was so kind, so thoughtful, and so caring. The Operatons Manager, Natalee Ulrich, as well as other at the front desk, could not do enough to make your stay at their hotel convenient, enjoyable, as well as memorable. I have stayed at that hotel several times before and this year was definitely THE BEST!!! My grandson threw my cell phone in the pool. Heather, one of the girls at the front desk, got me some rice, removed my sim card, and put the phone into the rice. When that didn't work, se printed out directions to the nearest Verizon Store without me ever asking. The warmth and the friendliness of the staff was something I will long remember.

Room Tip: We had a 2 bedroom/living room combination and it was wonderful. Each am we had breakfasat there an...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMRIAustinArboretum, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear 85Michele,

WOW! Thank you so much for such a great review about our hotel and staff! We truly appreciate all of the nice things you said about our team and your experience and hope next time you are in Austin that we’ll welcome you back to the Residence Inn Austin NW/Arboretum! I am sorry to hear about your phone , but we are so glad that Heather was able to get you taken care of. We are always looking for opportunities to go above and beyond and we are so glad that we fixed the situation with your phone. Thank you again and we can’t wait to see you next time. As always, please consider us at your service.

Best Regards,
David Bohac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
british rover
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

Really friendly staff and perfectly adequate accommodation for the price. The breakfast is ample but super basic (usual cerals, bread, plus egg, some meat and potato discs, coffee/juice) however whenever i needed stuff for the room, extra milk etc - always provided with a smile and no charge.

Free wifi, tonnes of TV channels - full kitchen/bed suite idea. Location is poor if you havent driven (I am not american so not that weird!) but for what i needed it for the place was fine and clean.

You couldnt hear the freeway/motorway from the room...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear parmantom,

Thank you so much for the review regarding your experience with us! We take our guest feedback very seriously as it is an opportunity for us to improve our service and our product. We are really glad to hear your comments regarding our staff, our free breakfast, our free wireless internet and of course our spacious suites (50% larger than your average hotel room) with fully equipped kitchens. We are located in the heart of the Arboretum, with in walking distance to restaurants, shopping and entertainment in Northwest Austin, with easy access to downtown. I am not a native of Austin, so I can agree that the roads can appear very confusing but we always have directions and maps available to assist with navigation around the city. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Residence Inn Austin NW/Arboretum and if there is anything that we can ever assist with, please do not hesitate ask one of our friendly associates.

At your service,
David Bohac
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

The hotel was clean and the staff was tremendously helpful. I am traveling across the country for work and staying at Residence Inns; and this has been the only hotel to date that has CALLED me in advance to ask if they could do anything for me prior to my arrival; AND they had a packet of information waiting for me when I checked in. This packet included information for local attractions, restaurants, etc. SO very kind of them - and also extremely attentive.

Will definitely return to this hotel when I am in the area!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor. After working very late both nights I stayed there, for some reaso...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Des Moines, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

I was in Austin on business. I had a particularly trying day. The microwave in my room had not been fixed as promised. The front desk attendant came up to my room, picked up my frozen dinner and took it to the kitchen and cooked it for me. She delivered it back to my room with a glass of complimentary wine. Her compassion about my trying day was real and she went above and beyond anything I had expected. Not only did she provide excellent customer service, every single front desk person was personable, friendly, helpful and a pleasure to deal with. I highly recommend this Residence Inn if you are in the Austin area. The hotel manager also greeted me at check out and was just as personable and friendly as the hotel staff. Thank you Residence Inn Austin Northwest/Arboretum for a truly remarkable stay!!
Pamela

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Pamela S
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

I am on a work assignment in Austin for three months. As of Oct. 7, I have been here one month and am delighted with the attention and care I receive from every person at the Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum. If you have ever stayed at a Residence Inn, you know what to expect. The rooms here are just like every Residence Inn BUT the staff is totally different. They are friendly, greet me by name every time they see me, ask if there is anything I need and are incredibly efficient, gracious, thoughtful and kind.

Walking distance to Whole Foods, REI, a movie theater. Pure Austin Fitness (a GREAT healthclub) is just down the street.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Patricia C
Placencia, Belize
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have stayed at several Residence Inns around the country but this one was absolutely the worst. I had several maintenance problems. The door handle came off in my hand when I was inside so I couldn't get out. The garbage disposal didn't work. The bathroom light had burned out. The food they served was gross. Breakfast was fake eggs, fake sausage. Dinner was misrepresentative to the menu they had on the refrigerator. For instance, on Tuesday it said they were serving lasagna. When I went to the dining room, I grabbed a plate and opened up the warmer to find boiled noodles with no meat, no sauce, just noodles. To make things worse, the front desk called to say they had received several complaints about cigarette smoke eminating from my room. That was totally a false accusation. I do smoke but never in my room and never in my own house. A couple days later I opened the cabinet under the sink to find a little cooler that was not mine. Upon opening it, I found an ashtray with cigarette butts in it, which I presented to the front desk, leaving it with them. I told them this proved that whoever had stayed in my room before me had been smoking in the room. Two days later they charged my card $250, which I will contest and not pay. In addition to this, my neighbors across the hall told me they smoke in their room all the time but were never contacted about it. So I guess I had to pay for them. Is this how they treat their Gold members? I will never stay in a Marriott property again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lacaribe
austin, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

I recently booked a 10 day business trip for myself and two colleagues. After quite a bit of research, I decided that the Residence Inn Arboretum was our best option and I was not wrong. The price was very affordable, especially considering all the ammenities (e.g. La Quinta was about the same price for a lot less quality). From the moment we checked in the staff was exceptional. They were friendly and helpful, offering ideas about nearby restaurants and informing us about all that the hotel had to offer. First, breakfast was included in the price - and it was a terrific breakfast buffet with many hot and cold items and the food was very good. Then, happy hour is also included M - TH with beer and wine and light appetizers. How can you beat that? My room was extremely comfortable with a real living area and kitchen area as well as a separate bedroom. It was immaculate every day that I was there. The pool was nice and clean and so was the workout area. I have to mention the staff again. Above all, everyone I encountered was friendly and polite and helpful and even called me by name. My colleagues agreed with my assessment of this hotel were equally as pleased. In fact, I told our corporate trainer that if he had to refer other employees traveling to the area to highly recommend the Residence Inn Arboretum.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business