All reviews lake travis jacuzzi tub no elevator third floor great view of lake wedding venue view from the balcony king room boiled eggs hill country the room was nice breakfast was delicious ice machine comfy bed staff was very friendly and helpful downtown austin vv
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I was lucky enough to stumble upon this hotel while shopping for somewhere to take my Girlfriend for her birthday in the Austin/Lake Travis area. I have stayed in a number of Austins four star hotels, and they pale in comparison to VV. We enjoyed the fact that it wasn't like a commercial cookie cutter hotel. The service was astonishing and I felt like I was visiting close friends the entire stay. Thank you Kelly and Thomas for giving Mary a great birthday!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CstxAggiefan
Thomas-GM, GM - Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2009

Thank you very much. What a pleasure it is for us to server such a fun cool couple - Thomas

Reviewed June 23, 2009

We were in Austin for a couple of days midweek to tour downtown and visit friends in the suburbs. This hotel, only 20 minutes from downtown, was convenient for both. Our room was super clean, spacious and furnished with heavy Spanish style furniture reflecting Texas history. The king bed was firm and comfortable, and the bathroom was large with plenty of counter space for two, a Jacuzzi and shower.
Although the buffet breakfast was extra, it was well worth the price. No other meals are served except for weddings and conferences.
This is a great place for a wedding. We toured the wedding/meeting facilities and found them beautifully maintained and offering a gorgeous view of Lake Travis. We learned that the owner had recently negotiated with the city to bury all power lines that might obstruct that view. The owner/manager is on site daily. He and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank Grandma-o2
Thomas-GM, Owner/General Manager at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2009

Hi Grandma-o2 from Indiana,

Thank you very much for your review. I really appreciate you staying with us at Vintage Villas and for taking your time to review you visit. I apologize for the road construction that was happening during your visit and the month of June 2009. Correctly stated, we had the power lines in front of the hotel to buried to offer an interrupted view. I am glad you had a great stay. From a fellow Hoosier, I want to thank you again for your comments and your visit - Thomas

Reviewed June 16, 2009

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding held at Vintage Villas. It is beautifully landscaped and a good choice for wedding photos. I loved walking around the location at night and sitting out on my wrought iron patio furniture in the morning, reading and checking my email. (The WIFI is free and fast!) The service was so great, I felt as if I were a guest in someone's home. Susan, Chris and Toddy manned the front desk and were genuinely interested in our event (and found us whatever we needed: scissors, tape, milk, laundry soap etc.). This review is my tribute to these hard-working women, who exude personal warmth!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nurse_carolyn
Thomas-GM, GM - Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2009

nurse_carolyn - Thank you for choosing Vintage Villas and spending your precious time writing a review. I truly appreciate your comments and recognition of three of our outstanding associates. The ladies you mentioned live in the Lake Travis area and are passionate about Central Texas and welcoming Vintage Villas guests with genuine Texas hospitality. Thank you again, I value your opinion. - Thomas

Reviewed April 23, 2009

We loved Vintage Villas. We requested a room with a private balcony because some of the rooms share one. Each room has its own style; ours was decorated with French Country accents - nice pale blues and yellows and had a king-sized bed, two chairs, armoire with t.v., built-ins with a small refrigerator and microwave, and a beautiful view of the lake from our balcony. The bathroom was a nice size with a wonderful big jacuzzi tub and a separate glass shower. The bed was extremely comfortable with nice linens and pillows.

The grounds are well-manicured with nice archways covered with roses and a fountain. In fact, this is a very popular place to get married. In the weekend we were there, there were three different weddings on the property. There's a breakfast buffet in the mornings that costs $10; when we were there, they had two kinds of eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, juices, fresh fruit, and blueberry French toast. All of it was good and seemed very fresh.

The only negative we could say about the property is that it can get a little loud. The hallways are tile and the stairways are open with large wooden steps. You can hear children yelling down the hall, people lugging their luggage up the stairs, etc. One night we had kids skateboarding outside our room at 11:30 at night. I called the front desk, and they asked them to move along, so no problem really. One night the wedding guests stayed up late partying, but a wedding is a happy occasion, and we couldn't really blame them. I'd love for one of our friends to get married here someday. It's a wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion. Be sure to visit The Oasis nearby - great place to hear live music and have drinks while you watch the sunset over Lake Travis. In season, take the bat tour with Capitol Cruises on Ladybird Lake - it's really amazing. We loved the botanical gardens too. Austin is a great place to spend a weekend.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank volcanogirl
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2009

Thank you volcanogirl for your review. We are thrilled that you had a great stay with us at Vintage Villas. Weekends are definately our busier times and are generally occupied by wedding guests in the Spring. We really appreciate your comments and hope to see you again. Thomas

Reviewed December 9, 2008

Thank you for a wonderful night stay. We just celebrated our three year anniversary on the 3rd and this offer could not have come at a better time. I also requested the Texas building in the Fredericksburg room, where we stayed on our wedding night, and my request was granted.
We also had an amazing meal over at Hudson's on the Bend.
Thank you again and we hope to make this a tradition in the years to come.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank plk92507

Wow, I can’t believe it has been three years already! We are so fortunate to be at Vintage Villas and help wedding dreams come true. Happy anniversary! Thank you, plk92507, for taking time to write your review. - Thomas