“Wonderful get away overlooking lake Travis”

Vintage Villas Hotel
Ranked #9 of 39 Specialty Lodging in Austin
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I was somewhat skeptical after reading the reviews on here but in my opinion they are unfair My wife and I had a lovely weekend in this facility which reminds me of a cross between bed and breakfast and a luxury hotel. Our room was more than adequate and nicely maintained. We love the unique character of each guest room. Breakfast was as described a deluxe continental during the week which essentially adds an egg dish and an excellent full breakfast on the weekend we particularly enjoyed the homemade French toast. The best part was the friendly staff. Thank you vintage villas for a much needed respite.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Robert P
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Robert P.,

Thank you very much for choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events and for your 5 star review. I truly appreciate your comments.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Yes, an almost stay. We arrived fully eager for a wonderful get away. But upon opening the door we were disappointed (to say the least!). We backed out. Asked for a different room. Received one. Checked-it-out and backed out. The rooms are furnished with old linens, the presentation is old and not at all a "resort" or "romantic" get-away.
BUT a definite "stay-away!"

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marcia G

Marcia G

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. At Vintage Villas Hotel & Events we all take each guest review very seriously. I regret that we did not get a chance to serve you and deeply apologize that your first impression was not a satisfying one. I sincerely hope that you will return and give us another chance to show you what Vintage Villas Hotel & Events service should be. I can always be contacted directly at gm@vintagevillas.com.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

There should be a separate rating for the rooms and the event center.
First, the event planners were excellent, the facility is beautiful, the staff is hard working and accommodating. We were there for a wedding and the planning is outstanding, the wedding coordinator really knows what she is doing. She is patient, professional and just wonderful to work with. She delivers everything as promised and the wedding went off without a single problem. The food was excellent and the grounds are very nice, with native plantings and the view is wonderful, (the lake is sadly very dry in places).
As far as the rooms, well they do need updating. The bed is excellent, but the bathroom is small, with all the fixtures in one room, it is very hard to dress there with more than one person trying to use the the bathroom. The lighting is dim and the rooms need painting. The balcony is a nice addition, but does need some attention as far as repairs and painting. The shower was leaking badly, the water pressure in the bathroom sink poor. We did appreciate the refrigerator, small sink and microwave in the room.
The breakfast provided is plentiful and delicious, not fancy, but hearty and good! Just what you need after a big night.
Again, the staff is wonderful, cooperative, helpful and they really go out of their way for guests. This is all the staff, from the dining room attendants to the desk personnel. Great customer service!!

Room Tip: If you are stair challenged ask for a room on the first floor, there are no elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Hi inthewoods94,

Thank you very much for choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events. And, thank you for your evaluation. I appreciate your comments about the customer service, food, event staff and grounds. It looks like you stayed in one of our double queen rooms. In this room type the bathrooms are smaller to allow for more space in the main room. Although the best lake views are from the 3rd floor, Vintage Villas does not have elevators. Asking for a ground floor room if this is a challenge is a great comment. When possible, also ask for a king room. These have the large bathrooms with the double size whirl pool baths, separate walk in showers and double sink vanities.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and for writing this review.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Advertised as a Hotel and Event center, it is nice but not elegant, not really a dream wedding setting in my opinion. Vintage is accurate, as the rooms and the ground fixtures need a fresh coat of paint.
I found the lobby door locked several times while staff was out, and there is not a trashcan to be found anywhere. Only reason the trashcan was an issue is that housekeeping missed emptying the one waste basket in our room, then when I went to empty it myself, I couldn't find any receptacles on the premesis. The lady at the reception desk disposed of it for me.
While there is a micro wave and a mini fridge in the room, there are no tables.
I would recommend a personal visit here prior to deciding this as the venue for a wedding. While I did not experience their services for event planning, the hotel aspect was mediocre.
There is no swimming pool at this hotel. The hot breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs on top of the standard Continental Breakfast fare. No eggs to order, no susage, biscuits or gravy and it's $10 per person. Nothing about this hotel stands out above any other hotel I've visited, other than a partial lake view of Lake Travis. Fortunately, I bought a travelzoo voucher to visit this hotel at a discounted rate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nontexan

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events. I appreciate the time you devoted as it assists us in our efforts to continually improve our services and address specific issues. We strive to provide an enjoyable and satisfying guest experience and we are disappointed to learn that you encountered these shortcomings during your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration these problems may have caused you. With regard to breakfast, we offer a deluxe continental buffet on the weekdays and a full country style breakfast on the weekends. If you do not find an item on the buffet that you desire, please do not hesitate to ask. We would be happy to prepare it for you. Thank you again for your feedback. I will review your comments with all of the pertinent department managers and will address all of your items of concern.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a few nights stay at the Vintage Villas last month in May and our stay was excellent. The property is beautiful and the views are wonderful. The breakfast is as described and is good and plentiful. We were there during a wedding but even though it was on property, there was no loud noise that interfered with us being able to relax.

Our room on the third floor which was a corner room had a great view and while the stair climb was thumbs down, (we had a cooler with drinks and several bottles of wine) it's tolerable if you have only a few pieces of luggage. Being in the corner allowed for more privacy and it was very nice and quiet.

Check in was fast and the front clerk was very nice. She explained our room and described the property for us. There are plenty of chain restaurants not far from the hotel for lunch and dinner including a Mexican restaurant with potent margaritas just across the street. There is only 1 ice machine that is in the lobby and I did not see any coke machines for drinks but we just hopped over to a gas station and they have a small food mart and loaded up on ice and snacks.

Our room was very clean and the bathroom was huge with a sauna and separate shower. Yes, it is a little outdated but they have really done a great job with keeping up with the property. The place is not ideal for large families or small children and is more for adults and couples. A pool and exercise room would be nice but they have the room to build but don't know if they plan on doing so. If you want to relax in peace and tranquility with some romance, this place is for you ! We will definitely be back for some more R&R and cant wait until we have an opportunity to do so.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi txact,

Thank you very much for your 5 star evaluation of your stay at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events.

I truly appreciate you choosing us for your overnight stay in the Austin Lake Travis area..

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My company put me up in this property for an on site conference. The guest rooms are cute and clean, however lugging up my bags three flights of stairs was tough. My room did not have a desk, so working on my laptop was tough.
The conference room and the food they served was wonderful.
I would stay here with my family on vacation, but not again for business.

Room Tip: I think all the views offer a great of the lake.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hi LLLfromAZ,

Thank you for your overnight stay at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay. We are a boutique hotel or sometimes classified as an inn. Our rooms are unique and different from standard cookie cutter hotel rooms but with modern hotel amenities. Most of our rooms have desks for business travelers but some do not. If you get a chance to visit us on business in the future please request a room with a desk. The buildings are three stories. The rooms on the 3rd floor offer the best views however; the hotel does not have elevators. We offer bell assistance to anyone requiring this service. I apologize if this service was not offered during your stay.

Thank you, and I hope you will visit us again with your family.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at Vintage Villas for my 50th birthday with several family members and absolutely loved your beautiful facility, view, location, awesome breakfast and staff. We have recommended your hotel to many people in the DFW area. When I saw your groupon I jumped at the chance to purchase 3 days for my son and his soon-to-be wife for their honeymoon. They were thrilled as they loved your hotel as much as we did. It's a perfect romantic get-a-way for them but close enough to Austin for them to have plenty to do.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank hines57a

Hi hines57a,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your 5 star review. I appreciate you recommending us for your son’s honeymoon.

Gm@VintageVillas.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Lakeway Resort and Spa
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin
#1 of 2 in Bee Cave
Casa del Sol Bed and Breakfast at Lake Travis
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa

Been to Vintage Villas Hotel? Share your experiences!