“Not worth the price and noisy!”

Vintage Villas Hotel
Ranked #9 of 39 Specialty Lodging in Austin
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very overpriced for what we got! Very loud, we could here everything that was going on in the hall and in the lobby. We were in the main building and as we left they did not ask how our stay was pr acknoledge our that we walked in the door. The room was very cheap and simple for the price we paid. It seems as though other reviews were able to get a deal. It was a beautiful view but I would look for another property if I were staying in the area again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Vleem,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your recent experience. I truly appreciate your feedback. I was very disappointed to see that every category with the exception of location was given low marks and to read that our performance was so lacking for your stay. We hold ourselves to higher hospitality standards than the service you received during this visit.

Please accept my sincere apologies and my assurance that your concerns have been addressed.

Gm@VintageVillas.com

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had no idea of what to expect because we had just seen an advertisement with no photos.
To our astonishment, it was like a dream come true.....way beyond our expectations!! The room
was a perfect getaway with plenty of room, desk, lounge chair, etc. Then when you walked
out on the balcony, the view of the surrounding gardens with the lake in the background was
absolutely breathtaking. We enjoyed a very comfortable sleep in a very 'quiet' room, even
though that evening we were having a lot of lightning and thunderstorms occurring outside.
To punctuate our stay, the next morning we enjoyed a perfect breakfast that they provided
for the guests. It was a total delight.......can't wait to return soon!!

Room Tip: Even though their were no elevators, I were certainly opt for the 2nd or 3rd floor rooms for the be...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Wolleysegap172,

Thank you very much for your kind words and the 5 star evaluation of your stay at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events.

I truly appreciate your choice to stay with us.

Thomas

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We got a great deal with Groupon, we stayed 2 nights with the grandsons. It was a good experience. We were promised a 2-queen bed room but it did not materialized. Boys slept on the floor. Hot buffet breakfast is great being included in the price, other than that, it was a quiet stay. We walked at the Lake Travis and it was such a relaxing view. That King bed is comfortable with those huge long pillows ... while that spa tub is really not that bad. Some spring flowers are already in bloom like mountain laurel and banksian roses ... The place is very convenient to Lakeway and other areas in Austin. I will come back for the spectacular views but not to check in again in this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Hi N122198,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay, your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I appreciate the kind words on the breakfast, location and comfortable stay, I was disappointed that you did not get the room type that you requested. I sincerely apologize that we got the room type incorrect for your visit. This is the first and only time that I am aware of for this type of error. Our standard practice is to guarantee the room type at the time of the reservation. We double check our reservation information by calling our guests 1 week prior to the arrival date to confirm their travel plans. I have four small children and know how important of a detail this becomes. Also, based upon my family travel experience we are the only hotel that I am aware of that guarantees adjoining rooms as well.

Again, please accept my sincere apology. I know this is a critical detail.

Gm@VintageVillas.com

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Visited here with ladies group of six. Great accomodations, view, and service. Nice restaurants close in. Easy traffic. Visited here with a group, with Groupon discount. Soooo nice!! Will return in Oct. this year.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room in advance. First floor not as great a view of the lake. We had 2 double qu...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Lanco50,

Thank you for bringing your friends to Vintage Villas Hotel & Event. You and the ladies were a pleasure to serve. I appreciate your 5 comments. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Took pictures by the fountain-beyond relaxing-pure peace! I think going there lowers my blood pressure. Seriously, watching the roadrunner hop around as spring comes & the water glistens off the lake. More than a wedding venue-I love the staff, the food, the ambient feeling that you are far away from the pressures of life. More than a Get-A-Way-I hate to leave! Gail

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Hi Gail,

Thank you so much for your return visit and your 5 star review. I truly appreciate you choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events for your Austin visits.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I got a two night stay for 119 so I can 't complain about the value. The property is showing the signs of age and is not being maintained well. There is an adjacent half completed property that looks like a set for a horror movie. Tar paper blowing in the wind etc.
Rooms are nice but the beds are like sleeping on bedrock. Pillows are also poor quality. The view is nice but Lake Travis is very low. Free breakfast is no more than what you would get at a moderate priced motel.
Save your money and go somewhere else!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 26, 2013

What an amazing experience! We booked this room from Groupon and wish we had taken extra night - you can be sure we'll be back! The hotel is located overlooking Lake Travis - which although low offered a beautiful panoramic view of the areas around the lake. The room tastefully decorated in a romantic theme and the bedding was divine. The gentleman who greeted us upon arrival was so friendly and offered us a number of options for dining that evening. The Oasis - a short drive from the hotel - was our choice in the options and it is something you don't want to miss.

Room Tip: Book multiple nights - can't imagine a room that would not please!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Cathy,

Thank you very much for your kind words, purchasing a Groupon and the 5 star evaluation of your stay at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events.

We truly appreciate you choosing us for your overnight stay.

GM@VintageVillas.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Lakeway Resort and Spa
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin
#1 of 2 in Bee Cave
Casa del Sol Bed and Breakfast at Lake Travis
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa

Been to Vintage Villas Hotel? Share your experiences!