“Reflection”

Vintage Villas Hotel
Ranked #7 of 40 Specialty Lodging in Austin
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had Groupons and stayed for four very relaxing nights for our 33 Anniversary. We have stayed in Austin many times, but this was by far the best. The suite had a gorgeous view of Lake Travis, the receptionist was the best . We really enjoyed the breakfast each morning. If you want to really relax and have some quite time this is the place.

Room Tip: Second floor corner room is the best
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eastexaslim1
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Eastexaslim1

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your 33 Anniversary with us at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events. I am glad you found this to be by far your best trip to Austin. We are honored.

Congratulations on your 33 Anniversary and I hope to see you back soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed December 30, 2012

this place was off the beaten path down a winding hilly road, but worth the drive. We had a gorgeous view of Lake Travis, even if the water level was low. We got a great deal on a room on a Saturday night and the free breakfast on Sunday was great food! Plus we saw 2 weddings taking place there too! Great scenery for a wedding! Very romantic place with gorgeous grounds as well.
I can't wait to stay again!

Room Tip: Find the local Austin street map and the Vintage Villas add was on there is how we ended up with a l...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Crellen

Crellen

I truly appreciate you taking the time to give us a review.

Thank you for choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events,

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had a Groupon and used it Saturday after Thanksgiving for one night romantic getaway. Since the groupon was only redeemable Sun - Thur, we pad the different of $77 (including all taxes). It was worth every penny!
When we arrived Saturday morning, the receptionist helped us with information where to have lunch and dinner and advised that we come back by 4pm to check in. We went to explore Oaisis and the area around and went to downtown Austin.
Around 4pm we checked in and my first impression was marvelous. I am very critical when it comes to hotels and restaurants as have been in the industry since I remember myself. In spite of the hotel being older, the rooms are very clean and don't have that feeling hotel feeling. Their lotion is very soft and non-grissy, but I found out they found now a new product to replace it. So, I am certain it will be even better. :)
Views are great. Yes, as they say, all rooms are unique and have different names on them (how cute), and all over-looking what is left of Travis lake. We stayed in the corner room in South Texas villa, I think - Fredericksburg. Lovely and bright room. Bed is so comfy, it was hard to get up!

Breakfast is served in the villa where reception desk is and it is delitious! Plenty of hot tea available and enough variety for different tastes.

We wanted to go to Oasis to watch the sunset, but from our balcony it was splendid view of the sun going down. Oh, the only downside tha travellers might find is no swimming pool and no elevators. It didn't bother us though.

Check out was great experience and we talked for a long time with Oscar (porter) and receptionist (firgive me, forgot that lovely lady name).

Overall, excellent experience and we will be back. I know we missed a groupon that just was on sale. :(

Romanic, quite, stress-free, little hidden germ in our crazy world. Great place to fall in love! Have fun!

Room Tip: I think quiter rooms are in the corner and on 3rd floor. They are also brighter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daisy709

Daisy709

Thank you very much for 5 star review and for purchasing a Groupon. I appreciate that you took the time to evaluate the service you received during your visit.

All the best,

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I redeemed my Groupon yesterday and left this morning dissapointed because I didn't see the sun. It was hard to book for a Sunday to use the voucher and unfortunately the date I got it booked happened to be the same day of my chorus recital yesterday afternoon which I didn't want to rush through downtown. After driving straight to the hotel from my concert, the sun had already set at 6:15pm. I asked the front desk about sunrise, and she said I might see it from my bathroom window so I woke up at 6:50a this morning to see at least the sun rise since I missed the setting. It was cloudy and didn't see anything.

It was a great room, great service, great food for the breakfast, but I wanted to experience the sunset and I missed that big component. I live local and really just wanted to see the sun in peace instead of the usual Oasis experience. I already had it booked months before my concert date got scheduled, and all the other Sundays were booked already.

I am asking if there's a possibility to experience the king room again just for the sunset? Is it possible to rent it out for 4 afternoon hours, no overnight stay needed? PLEASE? i'm leaving austin in the new year and definitely regret having both events booked yesterday, when I'm pretty much available all the other times........

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

CaliDreamer28

Thank you for your review. I appreciate the great room, great breakfast and great service compliments. Please contact me directly and I will assist you in getting the sunset experience you desire.

Best wish from Vintage Villas,

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Over Thanksgiving we stayed at the Vintage Villas at Lake Travis and had a very relaxing time. We used a Groupon and the hotel was good to accommodated us with an early check- in and a great room. What a view! The breakfast was good andwas included a “Country Continental” We’ll definitely stay there again. You should to if you get the chance!

Room Tip: No pool not sure about a fitness center.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

mjballard

Thank you for your recommendation and your 5 star evaluation. I appreciate you sharing your Vintage Villas experience with us. Incidentally, as to the question about a workout facility, Vintage Villas hotel guests have the use of a full service gym called BodyWise that is about 3 minutes from the hotel.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Used a groupon that was given to me last minute. Please don't wait for the last minute as the hotel will be booked.

Other than it being book, it was great. I took a long time girlfriend on a get away. As her husband is now cancer free she needed a night of relaxation. The hotel offers a great view, time for one to bond in romance, family time or even good friendships.

Room was very well decorated and clean. We stayed in the East Texas Villa on the first floor. Patio had direct access to the open grounds and a wonderful view of what is left of our evaporating lake :( Missed the sunsset and can imagine how beautiful that was. Places to eat near by and of course the lake during the summer season.

The common areas of the hotel are wonderfully decorated rustic and our accommodations came with free full breakfast which was oh so yummy. I called ahead and asked if the rooms came with a dvd player and when we arrived one had been setup in our room.

Both of us will be returning soon and bringing our families for sure. The front women (Kelly) was very nice, helpful and informative. She even came around the desk to hug my girlfriend and when she heard of her recent ordeal.

The Henderson room is in the corner with plenty of windows for a great view. On the opposite side of our villa was a huge condo being built which looked a little gothic since it was a the black paper stage but the receptionist said its a private owner building as he gets money, so no telling how long it'll be in that state. Non the less, a wall divides it from this location.

Vintage Villas, you are awesome!

Room Tip: If in the East villa I would suggest reserving a room on the upper floors as it will provide the bes...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Crush_Mom,
Thank you for purchasing a Groupon and staying at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events

I appreciate your 5 star review and comments about our front desk associate Kelly.

Best wishes and I hope you visit again soon,

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had an event in the Travis Room and also had several rooms. Everyone we encountered on the staff was friendly and helpful. The food for the event was great, all cooked on site. To that point, the Sunday morning breakfast buffet was not grandiose, but everything was cooked perfectly and tasted great. The rooms were nice and the sunset view overlooking Lake Travis is to die for. We will return for a getaway someday...and we actually live in the Austin area, so that's actually saying something!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brennan D
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Brennan D.,

Thank you very much for your 5 star review and for taking the time to write about your experiences. I am disappointed to read that your breakfast was not grandiose, but glad to read it was perfectly cooked and tasted great. I truly appreciate you staying with us, bringing your group and sharing your comments.

Kindest regards,

GM@VintageVillas.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Archer Hotel Austin
#2 of 202 in Austin
Crowne Plaza Austin
#22 of 202 in Austin
Hyatt Regency Austin
#14 of 202 in Austin
Northwest Austin
The Westin Austin at The Domain

Been to Vintage Villas Hotel? Share your experiences!