“Amazing experience watching the sunset and sun rise”

and 1 more site!
Vintage Villas Hotel
Ranked #5 of 39 Specialty Lodging in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing experience watching the sunset and sun rise”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had a Groupon and used it Saturday after Thanksgiving for one night romantic getaway. Since the groupon was only redeemable Sun - Thur, we pad the different of $77 (including all taxes). It was worth every penny!
When we arrived Saturday morning, the receptionist helped us with information where to have lunch and dinner and advised that we come back by 4pm to check in. We went to explore Oaisis and the area around and went to downtown Austin.
Around 4pm we checked in and my first impression was marvelous. I am very critical when it comes to hotels and restaurants as have been in the industry since I remember myself. In spite of the hotel being older, the rooms are very clean and don't have that feeling hotel feeling. Their lotion is very soft and non-grissy, but I found out they found now a new product to replace it. So, I am certain it will be even better. :)
Views are great. Yes, as they say, all rooms are unique and have different names on them (how cute), and all over-looking what is left of Travis lake. We stayed in the corner room in South Texas villa, I think - Fredericksburg. Lovely and bright room. Bed is so comfy, it was hard to get up!

Breakfast is served in the villa where reception desk is and it is delitious! Plenty of hot tea available and enough variety for different tastes.

We wanted to go to Oasis to watch the sunset, but from our balcony it was splendid view of the sun going down. Oh, the only downside tha travellers might find is no swimming pool and no elevators. It didn't bother us though.

Check out was great experience and we talked for a long time with Oscar (porter) and receptionist (firgive me, forgot that lovely lady name).

Overall, excellent experience and we will be back. I know we missed a groupon that just was on sale. :(

Romanic, quite, stress-free, little hidden germ in our crazy world. Great place to fall in love! Have fun!

Room Tip: I think quiter rooms are in the corner and on 3rd floor. They are also brighter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daisy709
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Daisy709

Thank you very much for 5 star review and for purchasing a Groupon. I appreciate that you took the time to evaluate the service you received during your visit.

All the best,

GM@VintageVillas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I redeemed my Groupon yesterday and left this morning dissapointed because I didn't see the sun. It was hard to book for a Sunday to use the voucher and unfortunately the date I got it booked happened to be the same day of my chorus recital yesterday afternoon which I didn't want to rush through downtown. After driving straight to the hotel from my concert, the sun had already set at 6:15pm. I asked the front desk about sunrise, and she said I might see it from my bathroom window so I woke up at 6:50a this morning to see at least the sun rise since I missed the setting. It was cloudy and didn't see anything.

It was a great room, great service, great food for the breakfast, but I wanted to experience the sunset and I missed that big component. I live local and really just wanted to see the sun in peace instead of the usual Oasis experience. I already had it booked months before my concert date got scheduled, and all the other Sundays were booked already.

I am asking if there's a possibility to experience the king room again just for the sunset? Is it possible to rent it out for 4 afternoon hours, no overnight stay needed? PLEASE? i'm leaving austin in the new year and definitely regret having both events booked yesterday, when I'm pretty much available all the other times........

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CaliDreamer28

Thank you for your review. I appreciate the great room, great breakfast and great service compliments. Please contact me directly and I will assist you in getting the sunset experience you desire.

Best wish from Vintage Villas,

Plano, Texas
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Over Thanksgiving we stayed at the Vintage Villas at Lake Travis and had a very relaxing time. We used a Groupon and the hotel was good to accommodated us with an early check- in and a great room. What a view! The breakfast was good andwas included a “Country Continental” We’ll definitely stay there again. You should to if you get the chance!

Room Tip: No pool not sure about a fitness center.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
mjballard

Thank you for your recommendation and your 5 star evaluation. I appreciate you sharing your Vintage Villas experience with us. Incidentally, as to the question about a workout facility, Vintage Villas hotel guests have the use of a full service gym called BodyWise that is about 3 minutes from the hotel.

Kindest Regards,

Texas
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Used a groupon that was given to me last minute. Please don't wait for the last minute as the hotel will be booked.

Other than it being book, it was great. I took a long time girlfriend on a get away. As her husband is now cancer free she needed a night of relaxation. The hotel offers a great view, time for one to bond in romance, family time or even good friendships.

Room was very well decorated and clean. We stayed in the East Texas Villa on the first floor. Patio had direct access to the open grounds and a wonderful view of what is left of our evaporating lake :( Missed the sunsset and can imagine how beautiful that was. Places to eat near by and of course the lake during the summer season.

The common areas of the hotel are wonderfully decorated rustic and our accommodations came with free full breakfast which was oh so yummy. I called ahead and asked if the rooms came with a dvd player and when we arrived one had been setup in our room.

Both of us will be returning soon and bringing our families for sure. The front women (Kelly) was very nice, helpful and informative. She even came around the desk to hug my girlfriend and when she heard of her recent ordeal.

The Henderson room is in the corner with plenty of windows for a great view. On the opposite side of our villa was a huge condo being built which looked a little gothic since it was a the black paper stage but the receptionist said its a private owner building as he gets money, so no telling how long it'll be in that state. Non the less, a wall divides it from this location.

Vintage Villas, you are awesome!

Room Tip: If in the East villa I would suggest reserving a room on the upper floors as it will provide the bes...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Crush_Mom,
Thank you for purchasing a Groupon and staying at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events

I appreciate your 5 star review and comments about our front desk associate Kelly.

Best wishes and I hope you visit again soon,

Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had an event in the Travis Room and also had several rooms. Everyone we encountered on the staff was friendly and helpful. The food for the event was great, all cooked on site. To that point, the Sunday morning breakfast buffet was not grandiose, but everything was cooked perfectly and tasted great. The rooms were nice and the sunset view overlooking Lake Travis is to die for. We will return for a getaway someday...and we actually live in the Austin area, so that's actually saying something!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brennan D
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Brennan D.,

Thank you very much for your 5 star review and for taking the time to write about your experiences. I am disappointed to read that your breakfast was not grandiose, but glad to read it was perfectly cooked and tasted great. I truly appreciate you staying with us, bringing your group and sharing your comments.

Kindest regards,

Kingwood, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I brought my daughter-in-law and 2 grandkids for a quick getaway before Thanksgiving. We were very impressed with the large, clean room and outstanding breakfasts. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The location is great. Lakeway is close by and has great shopping and we made day trips to Pedernales Falls State Park and Fredricksberg. I can't wait to come back with my husband!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy P
Cindy P.,

Thank you very much for your 5 star review. I truly appreciate you staying with us.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We used a groupon during the week so the place was not fully occupied the first night we stayed. Check in went smooth with a very accomodating staff. Our king size room, The Waco, was spacious with a large bathroom and a great view of Lake Travis. My complaint is the room was not very clean. The baseboards, back of bathroom door, rod iron insets in furniture including back of headboard all had a thick layer of dust/dirt on them. The tile floor in front of the duel vanity was also dirty
( always travel w/slippers) with black shoe marks and grime. Our friends in room #221 also said their room needed attention but not quite as much as ours. This complaint could be remedied very easily with some soap, water and lots of elbow grease. The place is nice, it is a shame it gets a D for cleaniness! On a good note the breakfasts we were served each morning at the buffet were delicious. The food was always fresh with a very pleasant wait staff. There are no amenities at Vintage Villas just a great view and price with groupon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mary H
Mary H.,

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent experience, I appreciate your feedback. I was disappointed to read about your room cleanliness issues. Maintaining perfect cleanliness standards are a major area of focus at the hotel. I apologize that you did not experience our best.

I appreciate you choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events for your stay and for purchasing a Groupon. I know that we are capable of a much better performance than you experienced and I would welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that to you in the future. If your plans bring you back to Austin, I would ask that you reach out to me and I will personally ensure that your stay is flawless.

Again, please accept my most sincere apologies; you have my assurance that your concerns will be addressed.

Kindest regards,

GM@VintageVillas.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Lakeway Resort and Spa
La Villa Vista
La Villa Vista
#10 of 35 in Austin
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa

Been to Vintage Villas Hotel? Share your experiences!