“Thanksgiving 2012 at Lake Travis”

Vintage Villas Hotel
Ranked #4 of 36 Specialty Lodging in Austin
Plano, Texas
“Thanksgiving 2012 at Lake Travis”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Over Thanksgiving we stayed at the Vintage Villas at Lake Travis and had a very relaxing time. We used a Groupon and the hotel was good to accommodated us with an early check- in and a great room. What a view! The breakfast was good andwas included a “Country Continental” We’ll definitely stay there again. You should to if you get the chance!

Room Tip: No pool not sure about a fitness center.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
mjballard

Thank you for your recommendation and your 5 star evaluation. I appreciate you sharing your Vintage Villas experience with us. Incidentally, as to the question about a workout facility, Vintage Villas hotel guests have the use of a full service gym called BodyWise that is about 3 minutes from the hotel.

Kindest Regards,

GM@VintageVillas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Texas
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Used a groupon that was given to me last minute. Please don't wait for the last minute as the hotel will be booked.

Other than it being book, it was great. I took a long time girlfriend on a get away. As her husband is now cancer free she needed a night of relaxation. The hotel offers a great view, time for one to bond in romance, family time or even good friendships.

Room was very well decorated and clean. We stayed in the East Texas Villa on the first floor. Patio had direct access to the open grounds and a wonderful view of what is left of our evaporating lake :( Missed the sunsset and can imagine how beautiful that was. Places to eat near by and of course the lake during the summer season.

The common areas of the hotel are wonderfully decorated rustic and our accommodations came with free full breakfast which was oh so yummy. I called ahead and asked if the rooms came with a dvd player and when we arrived one had been setup in our room.

Both of us will be returning soon and bringing our families for sure. The front women (Kelly) was very nice, helpful and informative. She even came around the desk to hug my girlfriend and when she heard of her recent ordeal.

The Henderson room is in the corner with plenty of windows for a great view. On the opposite side of our villa was a huge condo being built which looked a little gothic since it was a the black paper stage but the receptionist said its a private owner building as he gets money, so no telling how long it'll be in that state. Non the less, a wall divides it from this location.

Vintage Villas, you are awesome!

Room Tip: If in the East villa I would suggest reserving a room on the upper floors as it will provide the bes...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Crush_Mom,
Thank you for purchasing a Groupon and staying at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events

I appreciate your 5 star review and comments about our front desk associate Kelly.

Best wishes and I hope you visit again soon,

Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had an event in the Travis Room and also had several rooms. Everyone we encountered on the staff was friendly and helpful. The food for the event was great, all cooked on site. To that point, the Sunday morning breakfast buffet was not grandiose, but everything was cooked perfectly and tasted great. The rooms were nice and the sunset view overlooking Lake Travis is to die for. We will return for a getaway someday...and we actually live in the Austin area, so that's actually saying something!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brennan D
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Brennan D.,

Thank you very much for your 5 star review and for taking the time to write about your experiences. I am disappointed to read that your breakfast was not grandiose, but glad to read it was perfectly cooked and tasted great. I truly appreciate you staying with us, bringing your group and sharing your comments.

Kindest regards,

Kingwood, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I brought my daughter-in-law and 2 grandkids for a quick getaway before Thanksgiving. We were very impressed with the large, clean room and outstanding breakfasts. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The location is great. Lakeway is close by and has great shopping and we made day trips to Pedernales Falls State Park and Fredricksberg. I can't wait to come back with my husband!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy P
Cindy P.,

Thank you very much for your 5 star review. I truly appreciate you staying with us.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We used a groupon during the week so the place was not fully occupied the first night we stayed. Check in went smooth with a very accomodating staff. Our king size room, The Waco, was spacious with a large bathroom and a great view of Lake Travis. My complaint is the room was not very clean. The baseboards, back of bathroom door, rod iron insets in furniture including back of headboard all had a thick layer of dust/dirt on them. The tile floor in front of the duel vanity was also dirty
( always travel w/slippers) with black shoe marks and grime. Our friends in room #221 also said their room needed attention but not quite as much as ours. This complaint could be remedied very easily with some soap, water and lots of elbow grease. The place is nice, it is a shame it gets a D for cleaniness! On a good note the breakfasts we were served each morning at the buffet were delicious. The food was always fresh with a very pleasant wait staff. There are no amenities at Vintage Villas just a great view and price with groupon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mary H
Mary H.,

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent experience, I appreciate your feedback. I was disappointed to read about your room cleanliness issues. Maintaining perfect cleanliness standards are a major area of focus at the hotel. I apologize that you did not experience our best.

I appreciate you choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events for your stay and for purchasing a Groupon. I know that we are capable of a much better performance than you experienced and I would welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that to you in the future. If your plans bring you back to Austin, I would ask that you reach out to me and I will personally ensure that your stay is flawless.

Again, please accept my most sincere apologies; you have my assurance that your concerns will be addressed.

Kindest regards,

Conroe, Texas
Reviewed November 1, 2012

How do we start to thank VV for everything they did to make our youngest daughter's wedding utterly gorgeous. First, hats off to Kelly and her crew at the hotel. We "bought" the entire building the night of our event and it was wonderful. They were ready, willing and able to take care of us and even made sure our "welcome" bags were handed out to our guests. Everyone exclaimed about the comfort and beauty of their rooms. Next, on to Samantha and Reza and everyone who was involved in the event itself. If I had to say something negative, it would be that NO MATTER WHAT a back-up microphone should be plugged in and hidden behind one of the stone pillars, just in case the system goes down, as ours did and not everyone had a chance to hear the precious vows our couple had for each other or the unique hand-fasting ceremony our pastor worked so hard on. Besides that small inconvenience, everything else was exquisite. The food has been RAVED about by everyone in our event. The chefs outdid themselves on flavor and presentation was executed impeccably. We chose the "Just Hors d'oeuvre" menu and had an amazing array of food. From beef, to chicken, to pasta with an incredible cheese table, vegetables and fruits. It was mouth-watering to look at and even better tasting. The smoothness and skill that went on behind the scenes from helping move mason jars to setting up easels for pictures, allowing Lisa Kiefer of Star Antiques in Wimberly, Texas to place the outdoor chandeliers, to quietly keeping the event running on time, was masterful. Vintage Villas is not only a stunningly beautiful place to hold an event, it is extremely professional. Our DJ ran the ceremony music from outside, which they helped with making sure that it was set-up out of the way. Also, the last weeks and days of planning, since I was the wedding planner and my daughter, her new husband and I (mom of the bride)worked very closely with Samantha on the wedding itself, was wonderful. Samantha is professional, competent, easy to talk to and SOOOO knowledgeable. She helped us work out last minute seating chart kinks, bar issues, to the smallest details of handling the delivery of the wedding cake. She is a gifted, generous, professional event planner with great wisdom. I felt our wedding was completely taken care of with her and the professionals (waitstaff, manager, bar tender, CHEFS, hotel personnel) at Vintage Villas. Thank you again VV, you are an amazing facility and I hope this review will get out to people who are planning their next event in or around Austin. I think you could handle anything!!!

Room Tip: We have stayed 3 times at VV and have had rooms on the bottom, top and in-between and have had no ba...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lisa H.,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for sharing your Vintage Villas experience. I appreciate you choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events for this very special day. The staff mentions were wonderful. I will enjoy sharing these comments with them.

All the best for a long and prosperous future, it was a pleasure serving you,

Lancaster, Texas
Reviewed October 15, 2012

What a great place to stay for a quick get-away! A nice lobby area and a finely appointed room with a cozy patio area and a view of Lake Travis greeted us. A spacious bathroom with double vanities and a tub and separate shower was a plus. My wife and I stayed using a Groupon which included breakfast each morning, and we couldn't have asked for a nicer morning meal. The selection was tremendous and we were able to have something different each morning. The hotel was a little out of the way, but that's just the point -- to get away for a couple of days and enjoy a quite stay!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Gary M,

Thank you very much for your 5 Star review.

GM@VintageVillas.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Lakeway Resort and Spa
La Villa Vista
La Villa Vista
#9 of 35 in Austin
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa

Been to Vintage Villas Hotel? Share your experiences!