“Lovely view of the lake but ..... Room #211& 221 Not Very Clean!”

Vintage Villas Hotel
Ranked #9 of 39 Specialty Lodging in Austin
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We used a groupon during the week so the place was not fully occupied the first night we stayed. Check in went smooth with a very accomodating staff. Our king size room, The Waco, was spacious with a large bathroom and a great view of Lake Travis. My complaint is the room was not very clean. The baseboards, back of bathroom door, rod iron insets in furniture including back of headboard all had a thick layer of dust/dirt on them. The tile floor in front of the duel vanity was also dirty
( always travel w/slippers) with black shoe marks and grime. Our friends in room #221 also said their room needed attention but not quite as much as ours. This complaint could be remedied very easily with some soap, water and lots of elbow grease. The place is nice, it is a shame it gets a D for cleaniness! On a good note the breakfasts we were served each morning at the buffet were delicious. The food was always fresh with a very pleasant wait staff. There are no amenities at Vintage Villas just a great view and price with groupon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mary H
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Mary H.,

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent experience, I appreciate your feedback. I was disappointed to read about your room cleanliness issues. Maintaining perfect cleanliness standards are a major area of focus at the hotel. I apologize that you did not experience our best.

I appreciate you choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events for your stay and for purchasing a Groupon. I know that we are capable of a much better performance than you experienced and I would welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that to you in the future. If your plans bring you back to Austin, I would ask that you reach out to me and I will personally ensure that your stay is flawless.

Again, please accept my most sincere apologies; you have my assurance that your concerns will be addressed.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed November 1, 2012

How do we start to thank VV for everything they did to make our youngest daughter's wedding utterly gorgeous. First, hats off to Kelly and her crew at the hotel. We "bought" the entire building the night of our event and it was wonderful. They were ready, willing and able to take care of us and even made sure our "welcome" bags were handed out to our guests. Everyone exclaimed about the comfort and beauty of their rooms. Next, on to Samantha and Reza and everyone who was involved in the event itself. If I had to say something negative, it would be that NO MATTER WHAT a back-up microphone should be plugged in and hidden behind one of the stone pillars, just in case the system goes down, as ours did and not everyone had a chance to hear the precious vows our couple had for each other or the unique hand-fasting ceremony our pastor worked so hard on. Besides that small inconvenience, everything else was exquisite. The food has been RAVED about by everyone in our event. The chefs outdid themselves on flavor and presentation was executed impeccably. We chose the "Just Hors d'oeuvre" menu and had an amazing array of food. From beef, to chicken, to pasta with an incredible cheese table, vegetables and fruits. It was mouth-watering to look at and even better tasting. The smoothness and skill that went on behind the scenes from helping move mason jars to setting up easels for pictures, allowing Lisa Kiefer of Star Antiques in Wimberly, Texas to place the outdoor chandeliers, to quietly keeping the event running on time, was masterful. Vintage Villas is not only a stunningly beautiful place to hold an event, it is extremely professional. Our DJ ran the ceremony music from outside, which they helped with making sure that it was set-up out of the way. Also, the last weeks and days of planning, since I was the wedding planner and my daughter, her new husband and I (mom of the bride)worked very closely with Samantha on the wedding itself, was wonderful. Samantha is professional, competent, easy to talk to and SOOOO knowledgeable. She helped us work out last minute seating chart kinks, bar issues, to the smallest details of handling the delivery of the wedding cake. She is a gifted, generous, professional event planner with great wisdom. I felt our wedding was completely taken care of with her and the professionals (waitstaff, manager, bar tender, CHEFS, hotel personnel) at Vintage Villas. Thank you again VV, you are an amazing facility and I hope this review will get out to people who are planning their next event in or around Austin. I think you could handle anything!!!

Room Tip: We have stayed 3 times at VV and have had rooms on the bottom, top and in-between and have had no ba...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Lisa H.,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for sharing your Vintage Villas experience. I appreciate you choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events for this very special day. The staff mentions were wonderful. I will enjoy sharing these comments with them.

All the best for a long and prosperous future, it was a pleasure serving you,

Reviewed October 15, 2012

What a great place to stay for a quick get-away! A nice lobby area and a finely appointed room with a cozy patio area and a view of Lake Travis greeted us. A spacious bathroom with double vanities and a tub and separate shower was a plus. My wife and I stayed using a Groupon which included breakfast each morning, and we couldn't have asked for a nicer morning meal. The selection was tremendous and we were able to have something different each morning. The hotel was a little out of the way, but that's just the point -- to get away for a couple of days and enjoy a quite stay!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Gary M,

Thank you very much for your 5 Star review.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I came here with a groupon and would stay again without one. It was during the week right after school started so there weren't many other guests. The king room we had ("Victoria") was very nice with a lovely view of the lake. We loved the clean large room, nice balcony, and big bathroom with the huge spa tub.
We had breakfast included and this place really feeds you! There were egg dishes, meats, potatoes, pancakes or french toast, cereals and breads, and an array of juices and coffee/tea. Whew! Even though we had it included with the groupon, at $10 it's a decent price.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and we met the owner while strolling around the very lovely grounds and had a great chat with him. Apparently he likes to help with the landscaping when not too busy!
We have more groupons so we're really looking forward to coming back there in the next couple months.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank goddess0063
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Hello again Goddess,

Thank you very much for your 5 star review. I hope you are able to grow and enjoy the spineless cactus and agave pups that I gave you to transplant. I appreciate you purchasing a Groupon and look forward to your return.

Thank you again for your comments and for choosing Vintage Villas,

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We discovered this place via Groupon and what a find!! It's a quaint and beautifully appointed little hotel with charm and helpful staff. We accidentally met the owner of the hotel who happens to do the gardening / landscaping when not carrying-out his formal duties. We thought he was the just the gardener and being keen gardeners ourselves we wanted some tips as to how to achieve some of the beautiful results he had...that's when he introduced himself as Thomas Porter, the owner! As gracious a host as we have EVER met...CONGRATULATIONS.
Included in our Groupon deal was breakfast, which was excellent (though, the sausages were a little too salty for my taste!)
We had a kingsize room and they are extremely spacious, homely, comfortable and CLEAN!! Cable TV and WIFI WORKED!!!
And the view of Lake Travis (though suffering from the current drought) is spectacular!
100% RECOMMENDED!! We will be returning even without a Groupon!!
WELL DONE!!

Room Tip: We had room 126 facing the Lake...excellent!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LITTLESTHOBOUK_10

Hello again LITTLESTHOBOUK_10

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating and the comments about the service you received while visiting Vintage Villas Hotel & Events. I have 30 years of experience working in hotels and enjoy helping out the hotel associates in every department although I think they would say that I mostly get in the way. I am glad that you purchased a Groupon and choose Vintage Villas for your get away. We will be running another Groupon offer during the first couple of weeks of December.

Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this location on several times and enjoyed it. This last time was not the best in the world as I was awakened with a bug crawling in my ear. I understand pest control can be daunting for a hotel, however the lack of response fr the staff was a little concerning. I love the location, but I'm not sure after what happened, I'll be able to convince my wife to come back.

• Stayed: August 2012

Drew1963

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating. I am very sorry that you awoke to a bug in your ear and that the hotel staff did not respond accordingly. A bug free environment is an important hotel maintenance focus I apologize for our less than perfect performance and wish that we could have you back for a future stay at Vintage Villas. If your plans bring you back to the Lake Travis area, please contact me and I will personally ensure that your stay is flawless.

512-220-0189

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniv. with an overnight stay here. We were in the Victoria room which has a king size bed and a balcony with a view of Lake Travis. Room was very nice and clean; the bath had a large jacuzzi tub and separate walk in shower. Towels were very plush and they provided Crabtree & Evelyn bath products. The breakfast buffet, which is included, was very nice with cereals, muffins, scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, pancakes, potatoes, bagels, etc., etc. Loved the dark roast coffee! We walked around the grounds to look at the facilities as they host weddings at this location. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Liked having the end room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

GrandmommyTX,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. I really appreciate you staying with us at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events and for sharing your comments about our breakfast, amenities and grounds.

Thank you for your endorsement.

GM@VintageVillas.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Lakeway Resort and Spa
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin
#1 of 2 in Bee Cave
Casa del Sol Bed and Breakfast at Lake Travis
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa

Been to Vintage Villas Hotel? Share your experiences!