“Two days of peace and quiet! HEAVEN!!”

Vintage Villas Hotel
Ranked #7 of 42 Specialty Lodging in Austin
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We discovered this place via Groupon and what a find!! It's a quaint and beautifully appointed little hotel with charm and helpful staff. We accidentally met the owner of the hotel who happens to do the gardening / landscaping when not carrying-out his formal duties. We thought he was the just the gardener and being keen gardeners ourselves we wanted some tips as to how to achieve some of the beautiful results he had...that's when he introduced himself as Thomas Porter, the owner! As gracious a host as we have EVER met...CONGRATULATIONS.
Included in our Groupon deal was breakfast, which was excellent (though, the sausages were a little too salty for my taste!)
We had a kingsize room and they are extremely spacious, homely, comfortable and CLEAN!! Cable TV and WIFI WORKED!!!
And the view of Lake Travis (though suffering from the current drought) is spectacular!
100% RECOMMENDED!! We will be returning even without a Groupon!!
WELL DONE!!

Room Tip: We had room 126 facing the Lake...excellent!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LITTLESTHOBOUK_10
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Hello again LITTLESTHOBOUK_10

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating and the comments about the service you received while visiting Vintage Villas Hotel & Events. I have 30 years of experience working in hotels and enjoy helping out the hotel associates in every department although I think they would say that I mostly get in the way. I am glad that you purchased a Groupon and choose Vintage Villas for your get away. We will be running another Groupon offer during the first couple of weeks of December.

Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this location on several times and enjoyed it. This last time was not the best in the world as I was awakened with a bug crawling in my ear. I understand pest control can be daunting for a hotel, however the lack of response fr the staff was a little concerning. I love the location, but I'm not sure after what happened, I'll be able to convince my wife to come back.

• Stayed: August 2012

Drew1963

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating. I am very sorry that you awoke to a bug in your ear and that the hotel staff did not respond accordingly. A bug free environment is an important hotel maintenance focus I apologize for our less than perfect performance and wish that we could have you back for a future stay at Vintage Villas. If your plans bring you back to the Lake Travis area, please contact me and I will personally ensure that your stay is flawless.

512-220-0189

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniv. with an overnight stay here. We were in the Victoria room which has a king size bed and a balcony with a view of Lake Travis. Room was very nice and clean; the bath had a large jacuzzi tub and separate walk in shower. Towels were very plush and they provided Crabtree & Evelyn bath products. The breakfast buffet, which is included, was very nice with cereals, muffins, scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, pancakes, potatoes, bagels, etc., etc. Loved the dark roast coffee! We walked around the grounds to look at the facilities as they host weddings at this location. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Liked having the end room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

GrandmommyTX,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. I really appreciate you staying with us at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events and for sharing your comments about our breakfast, amenities and grounds.

Thank you for your endorsement.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and I stay a one night and have no complaints what so ever. The staff was courteous, the room was clean, the lake views were beatiful and the breakfast was very good. We had no issues with the shower (as other point out in their reviews). We stayed on a Tuesday night and it was very quiet. Lots of restaurants nearby and very close to Austin. I would stay there again and would definitely recommend to other couples.

1  Thank Ray_L_11

Jose L,

Thank you very much for the 5 star evaluation of your stay at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Overall, Vintage Villas is mediocre at best. The staff at check-in was very kind & accomodating. We had a queen room on the 3rd floor in the Central Texas bldg (no elevator). The view of the drought stricken lake was still impressive and memorable.

We used the Groupon certificate on this trip to get away for a few days. Visit the wineries if you get a chance, there are 30 or more.

My recommendation to improve this hotel would be to paint the doors going in/out of the bldg which are dirty and needs cleaned or changed from a white to a grey. The stairwell I think is trying to give you a "rustic/vintage" look, but it seems a little worn. The parking spaces are a little tight, so be careful. They should add a pool as well.

Due to the previous postings, my wife was 1st to look into the bathroom and shower and low behold...."a hair ball" and evidence of hair shavings in the shower were present. Yuk! Yes, confirmed the low flow due to water conservation measures as a result of the drought restriction.

Pluses: The grounds are fantastic and if you are going to have a wedding here, go for it! The A/C in the rooms work very well. The balcony was a nice feature. Breakfast was included with the Groupon, which wasn't great or bad.

Would I come back here again? Only if there was a Groupon (1/2 off). I am sure there are similar or better places in the area for the full price paid. $129 plus tax.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Billiam88,

Thank you very much for purchasing a Groupon and staying for a few days with us here at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events

I apologize for the housekeeping issues that you encountered during your stay. I appreciate your comments for improvement. I hope that you will take advantage of our next Groupon offer so that we can better serve you on your future stay.

Thank you again for your comments and recommendations,

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I made these reservations for my husband and I and my son and his roommate to attend a Friday at 5:00 wedding at Star Hill Ranch in June and the temperatures were already 102. I was worried that having to arrive only a few hours before the wedding we would not have enough time to cool down and relax from a three hour drive and then change into wedding attire and still make the wedding. But it was just as they said only a 15 minute drive and the rooms were nice and cool inside and while my husband slept the boys and I had a drink of our Corona's and chips and homemade salsa that we had waiting in each room. You will love the mini kitchen including microwave and refrigerator and freezer and ironing board and iron and toiletries. I would stay there again and really enjoyed the beauty of the rooms and of the lake and beautiful grounds.

Room Tip: King Corner suites are very large and in The East TX wings they have a huge jacuzzi tub and a walk i...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

TAGO 12,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review detailed review. I really appreciate your comments. Thank you for choosing us for this special occasion.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights on a Groupon offer and really enjoyed the location and the bountiful and delicious breakfasts each morning. Unfortunately we were not as impressed with our room as there was mold and other people's hair in the shower stall, and the shower head had so little pressure and such a pitiful amount of water spraying out that it took 3 times as long to rinse the soap out of my very short hair. It was annoying.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank huffyjp2
Thomas-GM, General Manager at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Huffyjp2,

Thank you very much for writing this evaluation of your stay at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events. I appreciate you purchasing Groupon’s for your two night stay with us. I am truly sorry to read about the cleanliness and the water pressure issues that you experienced. I apologize for our poor performance on this visit. We will be running another Groupon special in December. If you decide to travel back to the Lake Travis area, please contact me directly so that I may insure the proper service and cleanliness standards that we sadly overlooked on this last visit.

Thank again for your patronage and your comments,

GM@VintageVillas.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin
#1 of 2 in Bee Cave
Northwest Austin
Lone Star Court
Lone Star Court
#6 of 205 in Austin
The Driskill
#27 of 205 in Austin

Been to Vintage Villas Hotel? Share your experiences!