“Breakfasts were great, but the room was average.”

Vintage Villas Hotel
Ranked #8 of 40 Specialty Lodging in Austin
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights on a Groupon offer and really enjoyed the location and the bountiful and delicious breakfasts each morning. Unfortunately we were not as impressed with our room as there was mold and other people's hair in the shower stall, and the shower head had so little pressure and such a pitiful amount of water spraying out that it took 3 times as long to rinse the soap out of my very short hair. It was annoying.

1  Thank huffyjp2
Thomas-GM, General Manager at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Huffyjp2,

Thank you very much for writing this evaluation of your stay at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events. I appreciate you purchasing Groupon’s for your two night stay with us. I am truly sorry to read about the cleanliness and the water pressure issues that you experienced. I apologize for our poor performance on this visit. We will be running another Groupon special in December. If you decide to travel back to the Lake Travis area, please contact me directly so that I may insure the proper service and cleanliness standards that we sadly overlooked on this last visit.

Thank again for your patronage and your comments,

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed here last month after purchasing a groupon for one night stay. The hotel is tucked away overlooking the lake. It is off of a very busy street but far enough where you don't hear the street noise at all. You definitely have to be prepared for your stay as there is no restaurant or bar on site. They do offer a breakfast buffet, but we didn't get up early enough to enjoy it. The front desk staff was very helpful in recommending places to eat in the area. There are plenty of options, just make sure you have a map or gps. We stayed in a king room with a large balcony overlooking the lake. The room was large with a wet bar and small fridge. The bathroom was very roomy with a jacuzzi tub and separate large shower. Overall, it was clean and comfortable but could use some TLC. There is no pool on site. We had a very quiet, relaxing evening and would consider going back, if I could get the same reduced rate. There were some buildings next door that appeared to be under construction a long time ago with no recent activity. Not sure what that was about...

Room Tip: Ask for a king suite on the end. The balcony is private.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Marcinik,

Thank you for choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events and for spending your valuable time writing this review. I truly appreciate your comments and I am glad you were able to have a relaxing vacation with us.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 29, 2012

My son bought my husband and I a Groupon for this hotel. Do to work constraints, my husband had to forgo the trip, so I took my 15 and 13 yr olds. They had us booked in a king, but seeing there were 3 of us, changed our reservation to 2 doubles with no problem. The room was nice with rustic decorations and a patio that overlooked Lake Travis. We had planned on playing board games on the patio and needed an extra chair. We had one delivered within 10 minutes of our request. All of the staff were very friendly and accomodating. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast very good. It is very peaceful since it is away from everything. But there is plenty to do nearby within a short drive.

Only complaint is that the air was off in the room when we checked in. With the heat outside, it took hours for the room to cool down. So that was a little uncomfortable. However, since our room was changed at the last minute, I'm assuming it was off because no one was planned to use that room.

Overall, it was a nice relaxing stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Hi Burly94,

Thank you very much for choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events, purchasing a Groupon and taking the time to write a review. Your comments about your accommodations and service are very much appreciated. We will be offering another Groupon in December and we look forward to your return.

Best wishes,

Reviewed June 15, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a very delightful stay at Vintage Villas. We were so impressed with everything- the staff, the quiet and very nice room, the view, the breakfast, etc. It was one of the nicest places we have ever stayed in. We must have been the only visitors in our building as we heard absolutely no noise at all. The bed was very comfortable, the bedroom was large as was the bathroom. The towels were even top notch- very plush and fluffy . I wish we could have stayed there more days as it was so restful, quiet and peaceful. I imagine things might have been different if there had been a wedding going on. We'll certainly be back and have already recommmended the place to our friends. Thanks for an excellent ambiance!!
Cheryl B

The Blochs

1  Thank Cheryl B
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you, Cheryl.
I really appreciate you choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write this review of your stay.

Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

We bought a groupon for this establishment to try it out....it was so/so. First the pros-location overlooking Lake Travis is picturesque, wedding facility is attractive from what we saw walking by, their staff is friendly, and their breakfast is awesome. They obviously use fresh eggs for their scrambles, not the dehydrated stuff you find at some hotels. They also set out a lovely fruit bowl and yummy banana flavored pancakes and blueberry with cream cheese French toast! Good coffee, juice, milk and toast/bagels were available, too. They do provide a decent size frig and microwave in the room, too. However, there are several things about the rooms that they could improve- need luggage racks to get your suitcases off the floor, could use a chest of drawers for storeage of your belongings, esp. since there is very little counter space in the bath and really need ceiling fans with light fixtures. There was no overhead lighting and made rooms dim. The carpet in our room needed replacing and had several stains. The tiling in hallways and baths was a bit dingy looking, not certain if it was truely unclean or just the color of grouting/tile. There were some cobwebs on lamp in our room, need to be more careful about cleaning routines and need more then the one small wastebasket we had in our room. We did have an issue with waterflow in the shower the first night, but we mentioned it and maintenance came to change out the showerhead the next day. They could really use a pool as well. It appears they have room for one. Really nothing to do on property, if not there for a wedding, and not much to do/see for 5-10 miles around it. Overall, the feeling of the place is of a bed and breakfast situation, very rustic decor. Would be okay for one night, but not much more and certainly not meant to cater to families, more a one night couples retreat.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Linda D

Linda D,

Thank you very much for writing this review of your stay at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events and for also purchasing and using a Groupon. I truly appreciate your comments concerning the areas we can focus on that need improving as well as the positive review about friendly staff and awesome breakfast.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We utilized Vintage Villas as our wedding venue. Our wedding planner was Lauren, and she was great throughout the whole process. I highly recommend paying extra for the Gazebo Gardens and wedding center (and eat in the Colorado room) versus the Arbor and the Travis Room as they are more private.

We also stayed in the hotel at the East Texas building in the suite and so did much of our family (over 60 guests). Everyone loved the views, and the rooms were great.

The food at the wedding was excellent, and the overall coordination was excellent. Vintage Villas went above and beyond by allowing us to check out an hour later and allowed us to use one of their on-site rooms at no charge to put together flower arrangements. We are very happy to have had our wedding there and would definitely consider staying there in the future.

Minor quibbles:
- The bed headboard in the suite squeaked and made noise at the slightest movement.
- Some rooms had patios whereas others didn't, and there were no pricing differences between them.
- Property has no on-site pool for kids, but maybe this is a good thing as far as preserving the tranquility.

Room Tip: Ask in advance if you will have a patio if you want one.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank aggieryan

aggieryan,

Thank you very much for 5 star evaluation and for choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events for this very special event.

All the best for a successful future together,

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was so looking forward to the part of my birthday get-away with my wife. Had big plans for the other days in the Austin area but this was our one night to connect, sit on the porch, watch the sunset and have a glass of wine. We did get to see the room for a quick few minutes (nice simple Texas decor - charm but not over the top) once we arrived before heading out to grab a bite to eat. Got back from dinner around 8:30pm and the thunderstorm started to move in. No big deal....right, it's Texas we get thunderstorms all the time? So figured we change pace and watch the lightening storm instead of sunset and still just enjoy our time together. We'll it was raining pretty hard so the deck idea was shot. Then....blink, flicker, flicker and darkness. So the room goes pitch black with no emergency back lights and no power at all. No candles or other light sources in the room and now rain is pouring in like a waterfall through both french doors in the bedroom and living room area (between the wall and door frame...odd) all over the wood floors and carpet. So we use a couple of the bath towels hoping the flooring doesn't get totally ruined trying to be good stewards to no avail. They are drenched. My patience is now gone 2-1/2 hours later. No checking up on the guest...just sitting around in the dark as the power in phones are now gone. Needless to say not the romanatic night I was hoping for and by now the room is getting very warm and being on the first floor we sure can't open the patio doors without some animal or somebody just cruising on in. Somewhere around 4am the power finally pops on and it has moved from warm to waking up in a sweat. :-( After a couple hours sleep once the room started to cool off we got up @ 8am to have breakfast. Now I will say the breakfast was very good especially the fresh salsa. Mentioned to a lady at the front desk how miserable our night was there and disappointed we were. Got back a little oh, sorry smirk and back to work with the head down. Obviously they can't control the weather (Austin really needed the rain) and maybe checking in on guest in the seperate buildings could be just an oversight but they can control having some type of back-up power as well as some semi friendly Texan customer service....Hospitality business and any type of almost geniune effort or concern could of gone a long way to appease us.

Room Tip: Choose something off the first floor if you want any privacy, check the weather and bring your own f...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank volney_III
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Volney_lll

Thank you very much for sharing your story. I am very sorry that your special evening was interrupted by a severe thunderstorm and I apologize for the lack of appropriate response from the staff. We lost a few trees that night, had some room property damage of course the power outage of which you are aware. Although we are not in control of these types of freak storms we are in control of how we react to them. I regret that the actions we took were not more helpful and considerate. I appreciate your positive comments about our good and fresh breakfast.

I wish that we could have you back for a return stay with us. If you would consider a follow up visit to Vintage Villas Hotel & Events, please contact me directly and I will personally ensure that your stay is flawless.

GM@VintageVillas.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Lakeway Resort and Spa
Archer Hotel Austin
Archer Hotel Austin
#2 of 201 in Austin
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol
Residence Inn Austin Lake Austin / River Place
Best Western Plus Austin Central
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa

Been to Vintage Villas Hotel? Share your experiences!